Celtic and Rangers to the EPL (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Is anyone else who watches Scottish soccer sick and tired of Celtic and Rangers beating the crap out of the entire league ??

There is such a difference in quality, I'm to the point of only watching the SPL when they have the Glasgow derby. Watching Rangers and Celtic dispose of teams 5-1 or 4-0 is getting very boring. Its almost like throwing helpless lambs to the hungry lions !!

I think both teams should be put in the Premier League. It would give Man U, Arsenal, Newcastle, etc. more challenging games, and we'll finally find out just how good these Glasgow teams are.

What do you think ????

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I think it would be good for both leagues.
Maybe the other SPL teams will also have a trophy to compete for now, instead of 3rd place.

but the EPL won't be the "English" premier league anymore :confused:

my suggestion: Combine all the leagues in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales....etc.

and make many huge devisions.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Is anyone else who watches Scottish soccer sick and tired of Celtic and Rangers beating the crap out of the entire league ??

I'm to the point of only watching the SPL when they have the Glasgow derby. Watching Rangers and Celtic dispose of teams 5-1 or 4-0 is getting very boring. Its almost like throwing helpless lambs to the hungry lions !!
Wow Vinman.
I'm amazed you get time to watch the SPL between following Juve, catching bad guys and pumping up (not necessarily in that order).

Why the interest in the SPL?:confused:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
I think it would be good for both leagues.
Maybe the other SPL teams will also have a trophy to compete for now, instead of 3rd place.

but the EPL won't be the "English" premier league anymore :confused:

my suggestion: Combine all the leagues in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales....etc.

and make many huge devisions.
The Premiership doesn't need the Old Firm. It would be turkeys voting for Christmas (or thanksgiving).
I can't see a change in the foreseeable future.
Unless TV insists on change, it won't happen.

Jul 12, 2002
I think that Celtic and Rangers should either get themselves into the Premier via the first division if they have to, or finally get that damn phoenix league off the ground, now that would be a hell of a lot of fun.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Wow Vinman.
    I'm amazed you get time to watch the SPL between following Juve, catching bad guys and pumping up (not necessarily in that order).

Why the interest in the SPL?:confused:
    LOL :LOL::LOL: I like Lorenzo Amoruso, so I watch Rangers when there on. Besides, I still find time to watch all the soccer I can. Remember, there is 24 hours in a day !!! :D:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Why's that jamaliano? Just because Rangers and Celtic were to join the EPL it would make it the best league in the world? I highly doubt it. It may be the most exciting league, but certainly not the best.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    honestly,celtic and rangers are going to struggle in epl.they're strong in scotland,but that's only because the rest of the teams are total crap.in the epl they'd be horrible.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    honestly,celtic and rangers are going to struggle in epl.they're strong in scotland,but that's only because the rest of the teams are total crap.in the epl they'd be horrible.
    I don't think so. Celtic beat Man U in a preseason game, and both Rangers and Celtic would bring in even more money if they were in the EPL, they would be among the richest teams in England.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Why do people insist on putting british clubs togeather..... we are 4 seperate countries.
    It is the english league, please leave it alone.... how would you feel about merging the swiss and italian leagues, or the french and spanish after all they border each other.... its no different.

And even if they were to join why should they get favouritism over clubs that have been in the english league system for over 100 years.... sorry but if they wanna join then they have to do like everyone else and work there way through the leagues from at minimum the conference.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Why do people insist on putting british clubs togeather..... we are 4 seperate countries.
    It is the english league, please leave it alone.... how would you feel about merging the swiss and italian leagues, or the french and spanish after all they border each other.... its no different.

And even if they were to join why should they get favouritism over clubs that have been in the english league system for over 100 years.... sorry but if they wanna join then they have to do like everyone else and work there way through the leagues from at minimum the conference.
    Well, you are exaggerating a bit...Scotland and England are culturally, politically, and sociologically much closer than France and Spain are, and we aren't really talking about merging the leagues, but rather about improving both by moving two sides from one to the other. I certainly wouldn't mind having grasshopers and basle in Serie A or Marseille and Lyon in La Liga. As far as I'm concerned it would be a healthy growth from the EPL and would increase the level of competitiveness.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Well, you are exaggerating a bit...Scotland and England are culturally, politically, and sociologically much closer than France and Spain are, and we aren't really talking about merging the leagues, but rather about improving both by moving two sides from one to the other. I certainly wouldn't mind having grasshopers and basle in Serie A or Marseille and Lyon in La Liga. As far as I'm concerned it would be a healthy growth from the EPL and would increase the level of competitiveness.
    maybe you feel like that cause your not here.
    most people in england dont feel they will aid our league in anyway.
    You also forget that 99% of scots hate the english anyway so why come to our league.
    but as i said they are welcome if they are willing to enter the league systems at the bottom as several welsh clubs have done in the past.
    they have no right to take the place of sides already in the league.

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    I see where you're coming from Paul. I am getting bored of watching Celtic and Rangers beat the crap out of Scottish soccer !!!

However, here in America, we have Canadian teams in major league baseball (Expos and Blue Jays), and the National Hockey League (NHL) have both American and Canadian teams comprising the league. It works out well !!

Next you'll see Canadian and possibly Mexican teams entering the National Football League (NFL) in the coming years.

I think it would be great to see Man U play Rangers twice a year !!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002

You also forget that 99% of scots hate the english anyway so why come to our league.

Sorry but that is utter crap

The truth is the Scots hate the English media (and English politics),who make England into some sort of footballing superpower which is totally undeserved, and then run down even the slightest succes by any of the other British teams. We hate their arrogance

When it comes to Club football most Scots have an English team to support and in European competition usually always support the English, even ManUtd

This is due to the time when Scots players played for most top English teams and if one of your favourites went to say Liverpool you followed them.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Sorry but that is utter crap

The truth is the Scots hate the English media (and English politics),who make England into some sort of footballing superpower which is totally undeserved, and then run down even the slightest succes by any of the other British teams. We hate their arrogance

When it comes to Club football most Scots have an English team to support and in European competition usually always support the English, even ManUtd

This is due to the time when Scots players played for most top English teams and if one of your favourites went to say Liverpool you followed them.
    sorry rover but its not crap its mine and nigh on every other englishman i knows experience.
    You may experience something else but this is my experience... so respectfully, no it is not crap

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    How long have you lived in Scotland Shadow...I don't know one single Scot who HATES an English person just for being English....they have to earn the honour of a Scot hating them first

My problem, and the problem everyone else has including the Welsh and N.Irish is the arrogance of your media. Individual English people are AOK, never an issue

The last census stated that Scotland had a population of just under 5 million....but 650,000 came from England...they must really hate living in this country with 99% of people hating them

So whats your and every other Englishman that you knows bad experience of Scots ...please tell me your sad story so I can pass it on to the other Scots here as a job well done

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hear, hear! *applause*

Anyway, I can't see it happening with UEFA having rejected the idea several times in the past already..!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    I agree with Shadowfax here.

Lets just leave things as they are. The EPL really doesn't need Celtic or Rangers.

However....in time I suspect TV money will decide who plays where; and by that I don't just mean The Old Firm, but teams from every country....in other words a European League in ten...fifteen years.

What do you think Erik/Shadow?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Horrible idea. Europe would turn into South-America where there is really only one style of play on the entire continent (at least in the couple of matches I've seen this season).

I like the system just the way it is now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)