Cech: I remember nothing (1 Viewer)

Juve Bella

Jul 21, 2006

Petr Cech has revealed he remembers nothing about the challenge with Reading's Stephen Hunt that left him seriously injured. The Czech goalkeeper said he still suffers from bad headaches but his condition is improving steadily, nearly two weeks after suffering a fractured skull.

"I have tried to think about this and the last thing I remember is the shaking hands before the game started," said Cech.

"I don't even remember the kick-off and I don't remember the incident."

Cech has returned to the Blues' training ground at Cobham where he has started light training, and declared himself delighted to link up with his team-mates.

"I am okay. I feel better and I am improving and I am happy to be here at the training ground to see the lads. After that the mood is getting better as well," he said.

"Sometimes it is difficult because you wake up and you have a horrible headache so you have to take your medication.

"I just try to live with that and every day it is going to get better. When I was able to go home, the mood was better."

The horrifying injury prompted a wave of sympathy both within the club and from the wider football community, and Cech expressed his gratitude.

"I think it has been fantastic from everyone. It has been the players, the managers, the staff, it was everyone in Chelsea, including supporters.

"I got so many cards and letters from people outside, not involved in Chelsea, and I want to thank them all for that."

However, he did not endorse his manager Jose Mourinho's view that Hunt deliberately tried to injure him.

"I have seen it on TV once and I don't want to speak about this for the moment.

"Because even for me it is very difficult, but the club is dealing with it at the moment. I am just concentrating on coming back to fitness."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premiership/2006-2007/sport_sto994864.shtml

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ouch, i've only read about the incident, but now after seeing his head karrom off the knee and bounce on the turf i must admit that i feel bad for the guy.
in the wise words of smokey: "HE GOT KNOCKED THE F*** OUT!!"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Probably the first time I've seen a footballer say "I remember nothing" without it being an attempt to cover his ass for something he did during a match

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
he cant be that badly knocked out to not remember anything,can he?i think he's exagerrating it a bit.this is like the stuff you read in comics - "the last thing i remember about my boxing match was some guy saying 'come out fighting clean' ".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)