Carlos Tevez (136 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I stated that's why we have a hard on for Higuain - implying that he is the box striker/finisher that you were describing Llorente to be. Keep in mind that you are talking about a player rated at 30m. Beggars cant be choosers, and yet we identify a player at that price along with others because he is within our range? Make up your mind.
And we haven't bought him yet because he is rated at 30m. Also his wages in Madrid are much lower than what we can offer if we give him the highest we can afford - which is what made him affordable in the first place - theoretically.

We're chasing: Jovetic, Higuain & Tevez (if he takes a drastic paycut, the only way this is going to happen). All players who we hope to purchase for a value of 22-24m. There's a reason we're not going after Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Falcao and Rooney. This is the reason I said beggars can't be choosers, we have three targets who can theoretically be acquired for the funds we have available - if any of those three sign Conte will have to mold the team to work after the target.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yes, it is actually simple to sign Tevez on the figures we are talking about because this is a category Conte has identified as required strengthening and it has been agreed with, with Marrotta, who otherwise would not be spending this much time trying to find personal agreements. We spent 11m to sign half of Giovinco last term without CL money, i camt see how and why we cant sign Tevez for 12m with CL money and scudetto successes. Higuain, it could be argued is not worth what is being asked for, the same goes for Jojo? But Tevez? The man is one of the best in the world in his position when on form, add to which he is available in a way we describe to be our profile of target and our terms. Our financial situation is a lot more comfortable than Meelan so it can't really be an excuse anymore.
"We want Higuain" doesn't mean much. I want a huge house in Belgrade to buy, but unless I find money for it, it's gonna be just a wish.

It is an excuse and you keep ignoring numbers. It's not about 12mln euros. 12mln euros is rather cheap for a player like Tevez who IS amazing. However, affording his WAGES is an issue for sure. Signing 4-5year contract worth 5-6mln (IF he takes a paycut) is something very hard to handle, at least for us. But if Milan comes in that situation after selling two of their players, it's not gonna be a huge issue.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There's absolutely no reason to think the "we" (as in the club) has a hard on for Higuain. Unless you're confusing the club with the fans. Come on, just admit that this makes a lot of sense :D :
I do have the option to disagree here, right? In fact, I don't see your judgment of the situation at all. I am actually of the opinion that we always knew that Jovetic was on the mercato this term, after the issues last season. That possibility was always going to exist, and we were prepared to make a go at it. Knowing full well that his tag is 30m, it could be argued we'd try to get away with counterparts. And yes, if a possibility like Tevez arose, exactly like it has, we know it would be a failure to miss out.

I am in complete disagreement that Llorente would be the only signing in attack. It would in fact be interesting to see Llorente on the mercato with a 20m price tag. We'd probably know then that he wouldn't be a striker we would spend our money on, compared to who else is on the market today. My impression and reading is, that we will try and close one of Tevez and Jojo for sure, in part, because of the money saved on the Llorente transfer, maybe even both of we can sell well. Time will tell.. :tup:

And we haven't bought him yet because he is rated at 30m. Also his wages in Madrid are much lower than what we can offer if we give him the highest we can afford - which is what made him affordable in the first place - theoretically.

We're chasing: Jovetic, Higuain & Tevez (if he takes a drastic paycut, the only way this is going to happen). All players who we hope to purchase for a value of 22-24m. There's a reason we're not going after Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Falcao and Rooney. This is the reason I said beggars can't be choosers, we have three targets who can theoretically be acquired for the funds we have available - if any of those three sign Conte will have to mold the team to work after the target.
His wages in Madrid were much lower than what we could afford? To the best of my knowledge we were giving him an increase of 1m plus bonuses, which would make him earn about 5m plus bonuses here.

I just don't know how people can come to the conclusion that we are willing to spend between 22-24m on a player. Where did you get that? Because we offered 22m for Higuain?? You do realize that there is a possibility that we don't rate Higuain as a 30m euro transfer? I love all your excuses when it comes to defending Beppe but the truth of the matter is that you are not any closer to the truth than anyone here, so please stop sounding like you are with such definite figures.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's the complete opposite of a steal.

You're talking about a player who desperately wants out of his contract with City & everyone knows it. And not for the first time, obviously.
You're talking about a player who, every few months, gets homesick & threatens to leave for Argentina.
You're talking about a player who has very few suitors left.
A 29 year old WC player on reduced wages, with 3-4 solid seasons left in him for only 12 million?! Come on, that is definitely a steal, regardless of what you think about his attitude and expiring contract :D

It is still a very good deal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)