Carlos Tevez (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You guys can continue to give Marotta no credit at all. But at the end of the day, Marotta is the one who signed the core of our team which has led 2 consecutive Serie A titles and run in to the Quarter Finals of the CL only to be eliminated by the best team in the world. We'll continue to grow.
Why does criticizing or questioning Marrotta mean that we must immediately retort with our two scudetto wins and CL appearance? There are certain weaknesses in his approach, and it's more than evident, despite being backed by money, he chooses to invest in more players rather than fewer quality ones. And he is out of depth when negotiating big player in big deals. We keep going back to WC players he's signed, but look at how many of them were signed at the end of their contracts. If we are in dire need of a striker in the middle of his contract, then that too is Marrotta's job. Conditions are not always going to be favorable when you need to sign certain players or make a leap in quality.

funny how marotta ass kissers dont mention traore, luca toni, bendtner, anelka, isla, boriello.

all failures in past too
No, because we have won 2 scudetti and CL QF because of Marrotta. And we've gone from a small club to being a big one under him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
just because he's a a loan doesnt mean he gets a free pass.

according to you (since you love to use the word so much) context is important

the context is we desperately needed a quality striker. we went from llorente, lopez, drogba and other high profile ones......to bendter and anelka

both of whom played very little and scored no goals. the forward problem continues.

same with isla. 18m million down the drain. co-own doesnt make it less true
went entire season on bench

you can equate it to an injury that sidelines him for an a entire season

add to that he is spanish and he is un proven
Marotta pursued top strikers but he is limited and restricted to the parameters given.

We paid 9M for Isla. In the media right now, we're looking to recuperate some of those losses by selling him for around 7-8M.

He was benched because he refused to renew his contract.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Marotta pursued top strikers but he is limited and restricted to the parameters given.

We paid 9M for Isla. In the media right now, we're looking to recuperate some of those losses by selling him for around 7-8M.

don't push for top strikers. its like me trying to haggle a ferrari dealership to give me a discount when all i can afford is a bicylce lol

9m or or 18 million. isla flopped. a flop that marotta signed. a flop that marotta signed while injured. isla didnt recover from his injry until late september early october. flop.

llorente being benched is not my concern, or yours. it is a a factual thing. it WILL effect his performances

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Why does criticizing or questioning Marrotta mean that we must immediately retort with our two scudetto wins and CL appearance? There are certain weaknesses in his approach, and it's more than evident, despite being backed by money, he chooses to invest in more players rather than fewer quality ones. And he is out of depth when negotiating big player in big deals. We keep going back to WC players he's signed, but look at how many of them were signed at the end of their contracts. If we are in dire need of a striker in the middle of his contract, then that too is Marrotta's job. Conditions are not always going to be favorable when you need to sign certain players or make a leap in quality.
Why? Because before Marotta came we were on a downward spiral, and with him we became Italy's strongest team. Marotta's worst mistake was signing Martinez for 12M but even so the good transfers he has made completely outweigh the negative ones.

- - - Updated - - -

don't push for top strikers. its like me trying to haggle a ferrari dealership to give me a discount when all i can afford is a bicylce lol

9m or or 18 million. isla flopped. a flop that marotta signed. a flop that marotta signed while injured. isla didnt recover from his injry until late september early october. flop.

llorente being benched is not my concern, or yours. it is a a factual thing. it WILL effect his performances

What do you mean 9M or 18M? That's a huge difference...

Llorente will begin pre-season training with us, we'll whip him into shape and show him the ropes. Don't worry.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You're wrong there bro because Marotta didn't even have to do anything to sign him, he came as part of the Asamoah deal, Conte spoke to him and Pozzo basically gave him to us with no competition. Therefore he can't take any criticism for this move. Blame Conte and Pozzo. True story.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

If only the rest of us could see things so simply, we would have won 3 CLs in the past 2 years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Suarez still cost like €24m I think, so really as you said it's all money and that's what counts towards transfers in the end. Marotta so far has shown he is incapable of pulling off such a deal.

I don't think he is, he easily could have forced a transfer to any club with the money by now if he wanted. Maybe, I hope we don't sell Marchisio and Isla though.
I think it was €20m up front which seems quite reasonable for us. Question is, who is the next Suarez to buy? Buying players from Ajax is not a problem for us. The problem is if an oil club also wants them.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's money down the drain. everyone here agress co-ownserhsip is marotta ways of increasing the payments installments.

but even if we go by your logic. 9m isla + 15m krasic+ 12m for martinez+ 8m for elia + 5m for motta

thats 39m down the drain.

edit: thats not counting thier wages , or the wages of guys like the lown sigings

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think it was €20m up front which seems quite reasonable for us. Question is, who is the next Suarez to buy? Buying players from Ajax is not a problem for us. The problem is if an oil club also wants them.
This is a different argument and has not much to do with Marotta.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You're wrong there bro because Marotta didn't even have to do anything to sign him, he came as part of the Asamoah deal, Conte spoke to him and Pozzo basically gave him to us with no competition. Therefore he can't take any criticism for this move. Blame Conte and Pozzo. True story.
brb blame conte for the flops.

but praise marotta for the successes.

great logic. and by great logic i mean kill yourself

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why? Because before Marotta came we were on a downward spiral, and with him we became Italy's strongest team. Marotta's worst mistake was signing Martinez for 12M but even so the good transfers he has made completely outweigh the negative ones.
We were on a downward spiral? Funny, coz we finished 7th in our first season under Marrotta. Nothing changed, and a lot of that had to with the fact that he imposed unnecessary changes on the team at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)