Carlos Tevez (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We weren't a big club? So we just happened to turn into Siena overnight?

30 players is ridiculous, the only reason why we changed so many was due to the fact that he brought into far too many inferior players that aren't good enough, while in the process wasting millions & millions.

We do have the money, obviously not of oil clubs or madrid/barca etc but we are certainly not poor or struggling for cash. Getting one top player would not stretch us into the red. Gomez? If Fiorentina can get Gomez then we should easily be Tevez/Higuain etc. Just shows the lack of ability of Marotta.
The 7th placed finish goes a long way to explaining your first two points. Mistakes we obvious made in regards to 2-3 significant transfers, but then that happens at every club. Delneri failed, criticise Marotta or whoever employed him.

We're not still going with the Peluso + Padoin = Cavani argument, seriously. We can buy this €25m player with €5m salary but it needs conditions. We have an amount of draw but we need to face a few facts in regards to our level of attraction and the league we play in. If you don't have that you need money. We don't quite have both. Maybe some think having a transfer whiz as a director would seal deals seemingly out of our reach, but in this era of football I don't think players and agents much care about convincing arguments. Football has changed, they want to play for top teams with big money. We might even be seen as a stepping stone, it's that serious.

Still, I'm optimistic we'll have improved the team by the end of the transfer window. Llorente is already a step forward. People want it all now, they want to challenge Bayern and Barcelona and think we are just away from it. We might be on the pitch but on the balance sheet we are needing to get more out of our funds and our great coach gets more out of the players.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
:D

How can anyone not like Marotta. :touched:

Anyways, if that is true (I don't believe it)...I'm sure it's to fuck with Milan.

- - - Updated - - -

- You have 7 days to accept our terms or get the fuck out of my sight!
- But I have already agreed, now you must deal with City?
- Oh.
:lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We weren't a big club? So we finished 2nd, 3rd and 7th after Calciopoli, so we suddenly weren't a big club. And of course, not being a big club then gave us the leeway to sign close to eleven new players on the team. Of course its the coach. Even though Del Neri didnt want to get rid of Diego, Marrotta did. A player we lost for a significant amount of money for, it's wat a club that wasn't big could afford to do really. And then loan out Trezeguet and pay his wages while he was on loan elsewhere. Not a bad way to move for a team that wasnt a big club. :lol:

Of course I think we need favorable conditions. How do you think we signed Pirlo and crew? But that doesn't take away from the fact that very players we identify, chase and fail are players who we do not have the competency to sign other than under favorable conditions. Simple as. We aren't looking at Gomez but Fiorentina are, and they're not an oil club stuck in the same league, with worse conditions than we outline for ourselves. Which means that our conditions or lack thereof are a bit exaggerated.

I actually rate you as a poster but boy do you talk utter shite on your days off.
I'm not talking about our history or reputation, but what we have/had to attract players. I certainly haven't forgotten how desperate we were back then. I'm not really interested in analysing every deal, you win and lose some. Although it is funny how you think the opinion of Delneri is important.

So we will sign good strikers in the future, but just not in the way that people want or perhaps expect :tup:

I don't rate you as a poster at all in terms of the mercato, if we are being honest with each other.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The 7th placed finish goes a long way to explaining your first two points. Mistakes we obvious made in regards to 2-3 significant transfers, but then that happens at every club. Delneri failed, criticise Marotta or whoever employed him.

We're not still going with the Peluso + Padoin = Cavani argument, seriously. We can buy this €25m player with €5m salary but it needs conditions. We have an amount of draw but we need to face a few facts in regards to our level of attraction and the league we play in. If you don't have that you need money. We don't quite have both. Maybe some think having a transfer whiz as a director would seal deals seemingly out of our reach, but in this era of football I don't think players and agents much care about convincing arguments. Football has changed, they want to play for top teams with big money. We might even be seen as a stepping stone, it's that serious.

Still, I'm optimistic we'll have improved the team by the end of the transfer window. Llorente is already a step forward. People want it all now, they want to challenge Bayern and Barcelona and think we are just away from it. We might be on the pitch but on the balance sheet we are needing to get more out of our funds and our great coach gets more out of the players.
We were not a small club because of 2 7th places, by that it would mean Liverpool are a small club too. I would still consider them a big club in terms of fan support & revenue etc. And even they can sign & keep Suarez. BTW it was much, much more than 2-3 bad players. It all adds up.

Peluso + Padoin = 15m (transfers + wages). That's a Tevez transfer fee right there.

If Arturo Vidal considers us a top club then I don't see why other players wouldn't. He is no less than other 'top players' and is wanted by almost every 'top club'. We have the money to sign a top forward, i.e. someone like Tevez now and we have the ability to challenge for CL with such signing. Not to mention, we should be extremely attractive for top forwards considering our lack of quality in that department right now. I don't agree that you say such deals are out of reach.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Vidal - we got in early and sealed the deal
Llorente - refused to budge on the buyout clause and got him for free, genius move
Pogba - we cherry picked the best Raiola had to offer and saw off United
Barzagli - wonderful foresight to pick up this world champion for a bargain price
Pirlo - great foresight to gamble on a proven world class player with a point to prove

Getting it?
Vidal: Or was it Voeller not selling to Bayern to strengthen a competitor in the league? Also if we went in early, you mean before or after the Inler situation?

Llorente: he's come a season later when we couldn't close, a bit bent out of shape, as the team's top earner. Good move, but genius if you insist.

Pogba: we cherry picked? :lol: More like Raiola making the move a reality for a huge commission. The man is a known shark, and Juve didn't have to do anything but pay the agent for what was offered to us. Just my view.

Barzagli: Wonderful foresight came as legrottaglie's replacement to be a sub. In fact, Alves was being brought in as a starter till the deal fell through. Conte had to work with what was at his disposal. But Hallelujah, world champion at a bargain price.

Pirlo: Great foresight on a 33 year old free player, who I think 7/10 members here would agree was washed up at the time. It's fantastic that he recovered form, but foresight?

No I'm not getting it. And neither are you.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
You guys can continue to give Marotta no credit at all. But at the end of the day, Marotta is the one who signed the core of our team which has led 2 consecutive Serie A titles and run in to the Quarter Finals of the CL only to be eliminated by the best team in the world. We'll continue to grow.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You guys can continue to give Marotta no credit at all. But at the end of the day, Marotta is the one who signed the core of our team which has led 2 consecutive Serie A titles and run in to the Quarter Finals of the CL only to be eliminated by the best team in the world. We'll continue to grow.
Most of our best deals practically went through themselves, Marotta would actually have to have been retarded to mess them up. Not to mention the amount of money he wasted in the process. At least €100m-150m.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We were not a small club because of 2 7th places, by that it would mean Liverpool are a small club too. I would still consider them a big club in terms of fan support & revenue etc. And even they can sign & keep Suarez. BTW it was much, much more than 2-3 bad players. It all adds up.

Peluso + Padoin = 15m (transfers + wages). That's a Tevez transfer fee right there.

If Arturo Vidal considers us a top club then I don't see why other players wouldn't. He is no less than other 'top players' and is wanted by almost every 'top club'. We have the money to sign a top forward, i.e. someone like Tevez now and we have the ability to challenge for CL with such signing. Not to mention, we should be extremely attractive for top forwards considering our lack of quality in that department right now. I don't agree that you say such deals are out of reach.
I already said that. Big clubs are big clubs. Being a big club on the market is different. Liverpool is a good example, actually. They can't sign top players right now, but if you look at the Suarez move that was smart and the sort of thing we should be looking for instead of getting tied up with players the money clubs might want. Maybe Higuain and Jovetic are not in that category.

Seriously? :D Vidal may be an exception, we don't really know yet. We have to stay competitive and grow with players like that. Look, we're going about it the right way.

- - - Updated - - -

funny how marotta ass kissers dont mention traore, luca toni, bendtner, anelka, isla, boriello.

all failures in past too
Loan, free, loan, free, co-own, decisive champion.

:cry:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm not talking about our history or reputation, but what we have/had to attract players. I certainly haven't forgotten how desperate we were back then. I'm not really interested in analysing every deal, you win and lose some. Although it is funny how you think the opinion of Delneri is important.

So we will sign good strikers in the future, but just not in the way that people want or perhaps expect :tup:

I don't rate you as a poster at all in terms of the mercato, if we are being honest with each other.

Try not bending the argument a bit conveniently. Coz I never brought up our history or reputation. Simply our results post the calciopoli. Whose talking about desperation either? Obviously you won't want to analyze the deals like you did Vidal, Llorente and co. as you did above coz it doesn't 'pad' your argument.
But whatever.

People want and expect what is being fed to them by the people in charge. They don't just create this in their heads like you seem to think. And again, just to conclude, the issue here is NOT paying money and being done with, but identifying and then chasing guys who are big guns that we want on our terms.

Sure, of course, I'm not rated as far as the mercato goes, perhaps because it calls into question an insight you seem incapable of seeing any other way. But some of your justifications are laughable, childish even.

To each their own. :tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
just because he's a a loan doesnt mean he gets a free pass.

according to you (since you love to use the word so much) context is important

the context is we desperately needed a quality striker. we went from llorente, lopez, drogba and other high profile ones......to bendter and anelka

both of whom played very little and scored no goals. the forward problem continues.

same with isla. 18m million down the drain. co-own doesnt make it less true

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I already said that. Big clubs are big clubs. Being a big club on the market is different. Liverpool is a good example, actually. They can't sign top players right now, but if you look at the Suarez move that was smart and the sort of thing we should be looking for instead of getting tied up with players the money clubs might want. Maybe Higuain and Jovetic are not in that category.

Seriously? :D Vidal may be an exception, we don't really know yet. We have to stay competitive and grow with players like that. Look, we're going about it the right way.
Suarez still cost like €24m I think, so really as you said it's all money and that's what counts towards transfers in the end. Marotta so far has shown he is incapable of pulling off such a deal.

I don't think he is, he easily could have forced a transfer to any club with the money by now if he wanted. Maybe, I hope we don't sell Marchisio and Isla though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Quagliarella. I don't think Barzagli can be excluded for "luck", even if Conte played a big part in his form.

Why is Llorente completely unproven?
went entire season on bench

you can equate it to an injury that sidelines him for an a entire season

add to that he is spanish and he is un proven

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Quagliarella. I don't think Barzagli can be excluded for "luck", even if Conte played a big part in his form.

Why is Llorente completely unproven?
I count Quag :)touched:) as a good transfer, not very good. Considering what some other clubs were able to sign for €15m and what even Marotta managed to sign for less, I don't think he can be classed as a 'very good' transfer.

I don't see how Marotta should be given credit for Barzagli being WC, yeah he signed him, but no one expected him to be that good. It wasn't good foresight, he was like 28 at the time, if anyone we should thank Barzagli himself for improving.

Well you can't call a player that has never played for the club yet 'very good' transfer even if he does turn out to score 15-20+ goals. Too many ifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)