Carlos Tevez (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What you said made no sense, and now even less after the arse-covering attempt.

I'd like to see other examples of clubs who have similar financial power to sign top players due to their 'experience and competence'. It's money, nothing really else.

I'm also glad that we've now established Marotta can take no credit for any deals :lol: It's not like you to take an ultra-exaggerated view of a topic.
Over 30 players in 3 seasons here. Hardly how a big club moves on the mercato. I think Marrotta has a midtable mentality. Don't take it personally.

Don't know what exactly you mean by similar financial power because you make us seem like Sampdoria after 220m spent in the market. The last i checked that Arsenal are in for Higuain, Fiorentina are in for Gomez. Hardly oil clubs. when we peg ourselves as CL contenders going by the words of the President or the DS. But yea, it is only the money. Surely, it's nothing to do with us not wanting to bend our own terms with unrealistic targets identified by the same people you're talking about.

No credit for any deals? No by all means, give him credit for the deals. 2 titles, CL QF etc etc. I'm guessing my ultra-exaggerated take on topics come well complemented by your ultra-defensive views. Keep em coming. Or not. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
baggio, the fact that Marotta has signed Vidal, Llorente, Pogba, Barzagli and Pirlo for 12.5M instantly makes him the best GM in Italy and Juventus.

Even if we lose out on our targets this summer, we still have a competitive team for Serie A and the CL.

I'm not even being sarcastic. :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We weren't a big club when Marotta took over. Bit of context as to why we bought 30 players wouldn't go amiss, even if personally I do think we changed a few too many in a short space of time. You can put that down to the change of coach from the first year to the next.

Not sure why you are still trying to insist we have the money of others. Don't really want to speak further about that as it's a moot point, you just can't accept that we need very favourable conditions to even compete in that market. Also not sure why you mention Gomez, as I don't think we are even looking at him. Just padding a POV.

I don't even know what your last paragraph means.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
baggio, the fact that Marotta has signed Vidal, Llorente, Pogba, Barzagli and Pirlo for 12.5M instantly makes him the best GM in Italy and Juventus.

Even if we lose out on our targets this summer, we still have a competitive team for Serie A and the CL.

So if someone offered you a house for $1000 would that make you the best property investor ever?

/joe logic

Vidal = we should thank leverkeusen, otherwise he would be playing for Bayern now
Llorente = completely unproven and we gave someone who hasn't played much for an entire season our highest salary
Pogba = Raiola
Barzagli = Luck, no one predicted him to be WC
Pirlo = bilan's mistake, Marotta himself said it was a gamble

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
We weren't a big club when Marotta took over. Bit of context as to why we bought 30 players wouldn't go amiss, even if personally I do think we changed a few too many in a short space of time. You can put that down to the change of coach from the first year to the next.

Not sure why you are still trying to insist we have the money of others. Don't really want to speak further about that as it's a moot point, you just can't accept that we need very favourable conditions to even compete in that market. Also not sure why you mention Gomez, as I don't think we are even looking at him. Just padding a POV.
I would call it a moo point:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
So if someone offered you a house for $1000 would that make you the best property investor ever?

/joe logic

Vidal = we should thank leverkeusen, otherwise he would be playing for Bayern now
Llorente = completely unproven and we gave someone who hasn't played much for an entire season our highest salary
Pogba = Raiola
:rofl:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

It would've if the remaining 208m had similar value. Just to think that he spent on Martinez what he spent on Vidal, Pogba, Barzagli, Pirlo and Llorente. He's a hoarder and spreads his investments rather than spending on quality players. Take any one of those player's you mentioned and tell me how many of them Marrotta would've signed on our terms if they weren't near the end of their contracts, therefore making them easier to sign and conditions more favorable. None of the strikers we have chased or identified publicly have any contract situations going on. That's probably why we are struggling to sign them. And sure, hit me with the we don't have the money argument. Coz I'm not the one identifying Jojo, Higuain and Tevez as our mercato targets.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Vidal - we got in early and sealed the deal
Llorente - refused to budge on the buyout clause and got him for free, genius move
Pogba - we cherry picked the best Raiola had to offer and saw off United
Barzagli - wonderful foresight to pick up this world champion for a bargain price
Pirlo - great foresight to gamble on a proven world class player with a point to prove

Getting it?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

We weren't a big club? So we just happened to turn into Siena overnight?

30 players is ridiculous, the only reason why we changed so many was due to the fact that he brought in far too many inferior players that weren't good enough, while in the process wasting millions & millions.

We do have the money, obviously not of oil clubs or madrid/barca etc but we are certainly not poor or struggling for cash. Getting one top player would not stretch us into the red. Gomez? If Fiorentina can get Gomez then we should easily be Tevez/Higuain etc. Just shows the lack of ability of Marotta.

- - - Updated - - -

Vidal - we got in early and sealed the deal
Llorente - refused to budge on the buyout clause and got him for free, genius move
Pogba - we cherry picked the best Raiola had to offer and saw off United
Barzagli - wonderful foresight to pick up this world champion for a bargain price
Pirlo - great foresight to gamble on a proven world class player with a point to prove

Getting it?
You clearly aren't. It's a miracle how we even have what we have considering how many bad transfers he has made. Not that hard to better your successor when he was Secco.

May 22, 2007

/joe logic

Pogba = Raiola
Has Marotta completed any good transfers at Juve that can be credited to him?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

We weren't a big club? So we finished 2nd, 3rd and 7th after Calciopoli, so we suddenly weren't a big club. And of course, not being a big club then gave us the leeway to sign close to eleven new players on the team. Of course its the coach. Even though Del Neri didnt want to get rid of Diego, Marrotta did. A player we lost for a significant amount of money for, it's wat a club that wasn't big could afford to do really. And then loan out Trezeguet and pay his wages while he was on loan elsewhere. Not a bad way to move for a team that wasnt a big club. :lol:

Of course I think we need favorable conditions. How do you think we signed Pirlo and crew? But that doesn't take away from the fact that very players we identify, chase and fail are players who we do not have the competency to sign other than under favorable conditions. Simple as. We aren't looking at Gomez but Fiorentina are, and they're not an oil club stuck in the same league, with worse conditions than we outline for ourselves. Which means that our conditions or lack thereof are a bit exaggerated.

I actually rate you as a poster but boy do you talk utter shite on your days off.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
"You have seven days to decide if you want a 50% pay cut. Think carefully" :notbad:
:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

We weren't a big club? Some finished 2nd, 3rd and 7th after Calciopoli, so we suddenly weren't a big club. And of course, not being a big club then gave us the leeway to sign close to eleven new players on the team. Of course its the coach. Even though Del Neri didnt want to get rid of Diego, Marrotta did. A player we lost for a significant loquit it quite wat a club that wasn't big could afford to do really. And then loan out Trezeguet and pay his wages while he was on loan elsewhere. Not a bad way to move for a team that wasnt a big club. :lol:

Of course I think we need favorable conditions. How do you think we signed Pirlo and crew? But that doesn't take away from the fact that very players we identify, chase and fail are players who we do not have the competency to sign other than under favorable conditions. Simple as. We aren't looking at Gomez but Fiorentina are, and they're not an oil club stuck in the same league, with worse conditions than we outline for ourselves. Which means that our conditions or lack thereof are a bit exaggerated.
nigga you high? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)