Carlos Tevez (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Bring back Secco.

At least he splashed the cash and bought us some big name, big money players...we were also highly successful under him. Unlike that failure that is Giuseppe Marotta.

Oh wait.
i will give you that we cant throw money at the player if oily doily clubs come in. that's fine and dandy

if you cant sign high profile proven names, go for risky youth names. i am not talking about unknown talent from serie c or b. but supposed talents on watchlists. the pogbas and verattis and more expensive lamelas.

better than signing diamanti or poli or matri

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
How proven were Diego, Amauri, and Melo compared to Tevez? .... That's what I thought you lowly Marotta apologist.
Amauri and Melo, maybe not...but Diego. You should read the transfer threads on this forum before his arrival. You would have thought we were actually signing Diego Maradona from the 80s.

Come to think of it, we were all extremely excited for Amauri's purchase as well. Many were calling him a "Ibra successor" :)lol:).

So yeah, our record with our last three big money purchases is extremely horrible. I can see why the club is very cautious when considering to spend such a large amount of money (for us) on one player. I'm not saying Higuain or Tevez are at the same (crap) level as the aforementioned players, but it's clear there is a mandate in place not to spend over a certain amount on transfers for players - wages too. It's just the way it is for now until we improve the clubs revenue. Patience.

End of the day, I much prefer the way things are going at the club now with Agnelli/Conte/Marotta/Paratici in charge instead of Cobolli Gigli/Secco/Blanc/Ferrara etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Secco, for all his incompetence, had his heart in the right place.
And his head was up Amauri's ass.

This moron set the club back about 5 years. Thankfully we are now out of the horrible mess he helped create.

- - - Updated - - -

i will give you that we cant throw money at the player if oily doily clubs come in. that's fine and dandy

if you cant sign high profile proven names, go for risky youth names. i am not talking about unknown talent from serie c or b. but supposed talents on watchlists. the pogbas and verattis and more expensive lamelas.

better than signing diamanti or poli or matri
He's been signing a lot of youth players - in conjunction with Paratici - and clearly has spent plenty of money on improving our youth sector (compared to previous management teams) - whether or not these players will eventually graduate from the Primavera to the first team remains to be seen, but one thing Marotta can definitely not be criticised about is his work in signing younger, up and coming prospects. I believe this will be the long-term aim of the club, to produce young, talented players and have them eventually come up through the ranks to the first team. Ajax, Barca and Bayern style.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i am not talking about those youth payers.

i am talking more like the lamela's and pogbas and verattis.

players who are young, but ready for first team action

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Would be lovely to acquire one or two of those, but they don't exactly grow on trees. Lamela, Pogba and Verratti are all players with exceptional talent and ability.

Marotta and Paratici spotted and targeted two of those, which is very positive. Pogba and Verratti. Too bad PSG got involved for Verratti, as we almost had him. And Pescara really fucked us.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
pescara didnt do anythuing. they owed us nothing.

marotta simply refued to enter a bidding war (what a familiar sentence) and lost verrati over a couple million.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pescara found themselves in a very favourable position, wanting to make the most of it in pure financial terms, regardless of whether they would harm their relationship with Juve. They used our interest to milk more money out of PSG, a tactic that proved successful in the end.

The player became priced out of our reach, as we had other important deals to conclude.

You're right, though, they owed us nothing. It's just how things panned out, and no one is to "blame" for Verratti not being a Juve player right now. Not Pescara, nor Marotta.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
marotta is to blame.

he chased player too long. wasnt desicive enough.

disgraceful neotiating job, marotta

kill yourself now, jem. you disgust me.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Fact of the matter is, we got the better player in Pogba. And for free.

There is 0% chance we would have spend 12M on an unproven Serie B player. I still think Pogba is the much better of the two players and will go on to have a more successful career (hopefully with us)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
veratti different purpose than pogba.

veratti represent future of italian football. he could be juve's image italian to appeal domestically to fans instead of casper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)