Carlos Tevez (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I can not disagree that D. Villa is an awesome player , but he is not better than Tevez . Tevez is better we all know that
2009- 2010 Villa was arguably one of the best strikers in the world, for both club (Valencia) and country. He was only overlooked because of monster seasons by Rooney, Drogba, Ronaldo and Messi, and for not playing in a more famous club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
I said 20 top best players but you keep on reading what you want.

As for the strikers only, here's a list on top of my head of strikers that i would take ahead of Tevez for various reasons ( Form, Potential, Talent, Age, Discipline...)

Messi
Ronaldo
Villa
Aguero
Rooney
Benzema
Higuain
Ibrahimovic
Eto'o
Drogba
Torres
Suarez
Gomez
Falcao
Van persie
Cassano
Pato
You did not even mention one Juventus striker what is going on with you man . What about Del Piero man or Matri man

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Yep let's judge Torres technique in comparaison to the likes of Iniesta and Xavi and Silva.

Torres need to get the fuck out from Chelsea, Drogba on half a knee is still one of the best strikers in the world.

Cassano is one of the most talented FW in the worold.

And i said top 20 best players in the world and i gave 17 strikers that i would take before Tevez.
Cassano is good, but you missed my point.

He's also a prick who lack(ed?)s discipline, which is one your main concerns.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Cassano is good, but you missed my point.

He's also a prick who lack(ed?)s discipline, which is one your main concerns.
I don't see Cassano leaving for Argentina any time soon or not wanting to coming in if he's on bench, Tevez is in another Level.
Ibra/Benzema.. are all indisciplined players but i would take them in Juve in a heart beat.

Gomez this year.

29 games between CL (5 games) + Bundesliga + (15 games) + NT ( 9 games) ----> 31 goals.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
@Gabriel, I was just telling You that he is not a good player now. Do you agree that with me now?
He's still a great player, but he's not THAT player anymore.

I don't see Cassano leaving for Argentina any time soon or not wanting to coming in if he's on bench, Tevez is in another Level.
Ibra/Benzema.. are all indisciplined players but i would take them in Juve in a heart beat.

[/B]
You don't see Cassano leaving for Argentina, except because he left for Italy when he was in a foreign country in which he totally flopped and behaved like a little bitch. He's also not the kind of player to happily sit on the bench either.

Would you take Balotelli at Juve?

@Melo, me neither, he's far too injured.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Would you take Balotelli at Juve?
Tough question but i would take the risk on him. Balotelli is still what 20 years old, not mature enough, you never know if he'll change or not. If we get him and he don't you could sell him at a reasonable price because he's still young.
Tevez is 28, we buy him, he flops or start crying and we are stuck with an old unhappy player who no team in Europe would want to touch.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Cheese, we'd have at least 6-8 more points if we had a player like Tevez on our team. How many times have we missed chances so far this seasn, whether it be from Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Vucinic, etc. Those missed opportunities ultimately costed us big points. If we had Tevez on the field, I'm sure he'd bang in some goals

Sure his attitude isn't the greatest, but we're in no position to decline the services of such a talented player. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona who could pass up on him. Milan bought Ibra, Manchester City bought Balotelli, and those aren't the easiest players to work with either but they're playing well and helping their respective teams.

I don't like Tevez, but I'd welcome him here. If we want to guarantee a top 3 finish and run for the Scudetto, we need him.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Cheese, we'd have at least 6-8 more points if we had a player like Tevez on our team. How many times have we missed chances so far this seasn, whether it be from Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Vucinic, etc. Those missed opportunities ultimately costed us big points. If we had Tevez on the field, I'm sure he'd bang in some goals

Sure his attitude isn't the greatest, but we're in no position to decline the services of such a talented player. We're not Real Madrid or Barcelona who could pass up on him. Milan bought Ibra, Manchester City bought Balotelli, and those aren't the easiest players to work with either but they're playing well and helping their respective teams.

I don't like Tevez, but I'd welcome him here. If we want to guarantee a top 3 finish and run for the Scudetto, we need him.
Key word.

Quoted for truth.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Best player in the world as in Top 10 ?? Hell No.

He's not shit obviously but he's overrated when you see some people suggest that he's only behing Messi and Ronaldo and some people suggesting that he's better than the like of Rooney, Villa, Torres.

Rab :heart:
I think it's now safe to remove him from the list of top strikers, the guy rarely has a shot on target let alone scores a goal.

Tevez is definitely in the top Tier of strikers around the world. He's very skilful and never stops running.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The has been speculation Juve are interested in signing Manchester City rebel Carlos Tevez, however, Buffon has said he would be wary of welcoming a player who has caused problems before at his clubs, and not just at City.

"I don't know if he would raise the bar if he joined Juventus, we're covered up front and I don't know what problems he might have," said the Italy captain. "All I know is that with us you have to put your own ego to one side to stay all together."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1557985.html?cid=rssfeed&att=
He would without a doubt raise the bar in attack, but as many have said before, he has the potential to cause too many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)