Feb 11, 2009
I know these are ahead of him.

Rooney
Higuain
Ribery
Drogba
Pato
Villa

I can name other players who are on par with him and they're a lot.
if we are talking about who you would pick for a one off game, the vast majority of people who have watched the premiership for the last few seasons, would never put Drogba ahead of Tevez. Thats laughable. Also Pato doesn't seem anywhere near as consistently dangerous. I hardly see anything of Ribery, but yes, I agree, Higuain and Rooney are of a similar potency. Also see little of Villa, but what i have seen of him, is that he is less potentially talented than Aquero is showing signs of.

regardless of the debate about the world's best players, I was writing only to add the view of an englishman who has been watching Tevez week in week out since his arrival in England at the Irons in 2006. On his day, he is as good as any other striker in the world, rooney or ronaldo or messi. Thats my opinion of him as a player. I have already outlined why I question the substance of these rumours and why i cannot believe that Conte would want a man like Tevez in the squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I say sign him, I can't see him throwing tantrums at our club, Conte wouldn't allow it for a start, and he could win us so many games on his own that we wouldn't win, like our game against Roma for example. A Team of Pepe's isn't going to win you the league, one Carlos Tevez might though.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Tevez is arguably on a par with the first three but the last three? :wth:
There's no way Rooney is on par with Tevez. Please..
(And I fucking hate Wayne but lets not kid ourselves)

Ribery is more complete player than Tevez.
Drogba is Drogba. If not for his last season I would put him today on par with Rooney.
Pato is unlucky. But statically he's incredible. Pato minus injuries is scary player.
Villa, I bet if Villa was still playing for Valencia everyone would be agreeing with me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
and you should be worried :tup:
Hmmm, why?

Alen says he's worried about this 2nd half of the season. With Cassano in his best form we were still leading, we won in Turin. Why should be worried if you sign Tevez on loan? Do you think he'll IMMEDIATELY have Cassano's form? And lets assume he does (though I doubt it and it wont happen) why should we be worried? Milan were still going to be as strong had Cassano prevented his heart problem.

So what's the real difference here?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The thing is, Tevez will offer a lot more to their midfield with his work rate, not just the attack. Cassano was great, he provided so many assists and was very important to them but Tevez will allow them more freedom.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The thing is, Tevez will offer a lot more to their midfield with his work rate, not just the attack. Cassano was great, he provided so many assists and was very important to them but Tevez will allow them more freedom.
Allow his team-mates? I thought Cassano did that perfectly this season.

The only thing Tevez can offer more than Cassano before injury is defending because Cassano never ran back. But offensively, Boh!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That's what I'm saying. His work rate and tracking back will allow them more freedom, even if he can't give out the same amount of assists as Cassano.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cassano this season offered more than an out of shape Tevez will from January on.

He was on some great form.
:agree:
As a Cassano critic I've never seen him in a such a great form. And he was having immense understanding with Ibra who is playing different role this season for Milan and a more mature one.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But Cassano is gone.

So what is better - Milan to get Tevez for the remaining months of the season or not to get him. Imo, it's gonna be better if they don't get him. That's all that matters.
I support PSG in this mercato war.

I think all of you here agree with this, so what is it that we're arguing about? :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
But Cassano is gone.

So what is better - Milan to get Tevez for the remaining months of the season or not to get him. Imo, it's gonna be better if they don't get him. That's all that matters.
I support PSG in this mercato war.

I think all of you here agree with this, so what is it that we're arguing about? :D
I don't know you tell me:D

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
There's no way Rooney is on par with Tevez. Please..
(And I fucking hate Wayne but lets not kid ourselves)

Ribery is more complete player than Tevez.
Drogba is Drogba. If not for his last season I would put him today on par with Rooney.
Pato is unlucky. But statically he's incredible. Pato minus injuries is scary player.
Villa, I bet if Villa was still playing for Valencia everyone would be agreeing with me.
Suggesting Drogba is anywhere near Rooney let alone better, is plain ridiculous, at least to anyone who has seen them playing in england over the last few seasons. This isn't a game of pick the best times of a player's career and use the judge that player now. IElse why not pick Trezeguets finest seasons and bring them into play for debate?? for like drogba, he was a world class goalscorer, and is now on the wane physically...We are focused on the Now. This last season or so, Drogba has been on the wane, physically and technically. Pato has never been consistently near the levels of Rooney, Tevez, Messi, Ronaldo...those four have been, for me at least, by far the most talented players in the world for a few years now. Drogba, to me, has been world class, but never as talented as the quartet just mentioned.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Suggesting Drogba is anywhere near Rooney let alone better, is plain ridiculous, at least to anyone who has seen them playing in england over the last few seasons. This isn't a game of pick the best times of a player's career and use the judge that player now. IElse why not pick Trezeguets finest seasons and bring them into play for debate?? for like drogba, he was a world class goalscorer, and is now on the wane physically...We are focused on the Now. This last season or so, Drogba has been on the wane, physically and technically. Pato has never been consistently near the levels of Rooney, Tevez, Messi, Ronaldo...those four have been, for me at least, by far the most talented players in the world for a few years now. Drogba, to me, has been world class, but never as talented as the quartet just mentioned.
I think you're right. I guess I shouldn't have named Drogba due to his last couple of seasons but I'm a bit biased to this lion. Specially after watching Chelseas's last couple of matches.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Seeing as how it's almost impossible to sign top defenders in winter, which we obviously need...why not get tevez now and fix our attack for the next 3-4 years, sign montolivio for peanuts and complete our midfield as well as attack once and for all then in summer get the defenders we need when clubs are more willing to sell?

We could easily fix our entire midfield and attack this January to easily secure CL and quite possibly the title then in summer focus entirely on defense and selling dead weight we couldn't this winter.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Pato is way to reliant on speed. Out of that list of players I'd say:

Ribery>Tevez>Rooney>Higuain>Villa>Drogba>Pato

Includes current abilities and things like injuries & age.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I think you're right. I guess I shouldn't have named Drogba due to his last couple of seasons but I'm a bit biased to this lion. Specially after watching Chelseas's last couple of matches.
Its a hard thing to discuss really. Because the term world class is obviously not accompanied by a concrete definition. For example, I always thought of Trezeguet as world class, but his talents are far narrower than the quartet I mentioned. I guess I use the term quite broadly. Cantona had world class talent and fantasy, and trez was a world class goalscorer. When I talk of the best players in the world, I tend to focus solely on the depth and breadth of talent, which is why I have trouble seeing beyond Messi, rooney, Ronaldo and tevez. Trez needed chances to score goals, often just a half chance or even a quarter chance, but he needed chances presented to him, by the industry/craft of others or luck. Whereas the likes of rooney and ronaldo can win a match on their own, through totally their own magic. Thats the difference for me. And drogba, villa, presently still Aguero, fall more into the trez category for me, than the other. Although aguero has been, at times, fkin brilliant already at city, not just in the box. More versatile than I thought...so perhaps he can move, in the future, into that quartet, or to some others who know Aguero better than me, he should already be in that group...best leave that there, rather than derail the tevez focus even more!

Have their been any quotes from Neved or Marrota, or anyone at City, regarding our apparent opening of formal talks?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Pato is way to reliant on speed. Out of that list of players I'd say:

Ribery>Tevez>Rooney>Higuain>Villa>Drogba>Pato

Includes current abilities and things like injuries & age.
I hardly ever watch the kraut league, so can have no opinion on Ribery. If Tevez was a better professional, i may well agree that he is slightly above Rooney, but presently, if i had the chance of signing either it would be rooney, not just because i am english and a big fan of by far our most technically gifted player since gascoigne (who rooney is far better than), but because around good players, rooney is more likely to stay happy and be consistently brilliant over a season, whereas tevez, in recent history and sporadically before, has form for placing his own interests well above those of his team mates and the club itself. So other than rooney swapped with tevez...yes, i agree with that line up, though would have Messi and Ronaldo in front of them all (obviously).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I hardly ever watch the kraut league, so can have no opinion on Ribery. If Tevez was a better professional, i may well agree that he is slightly above Rooney, but presently, if i had the chance of signing either it would be rooney, not just because i am english and a big fan of by far our most technically gifted player since gascoigne (who rooney is far better than), but because around good players, rooney is more likely to stay happy and be consistently brilliant over a season, whereas tevez, in recent history and sporadically before, has form for placing his own interests well above those of his team mates and the club itself. So other than rooney swapped with tevez...yes, i agree with that line up, though would have Messi and Ronaldo in front of them all (obviously).
Ribery is one of the best players around imo. He's a much better player overall than Robben and is more consistent.

Tevez in good form is a constant danger to defenses and I would definitely take him over Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)