Carlos Tevez (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The main point of the attack is to finish.
We have talent upfront, they just have to find their full form. Say we score 2 goals a game, we miss a couple sitters as well. But our back line lets us down by conceding many goals as well. I believe the only cleans sheets we've had were against Siena and Chievo.

We need more stability in the back, and our goals from our attackers would be worth more. But I guess the same could be said in vice versa, if our attackers finish their chances, that would cancel out opposing goals. Hmm...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We've only gone goal-less in one game this season (Chievo), I'd say upfront were good, but def not great.

Obviously our defence needs more work and is the weakest link of our team. We need a Lichtsteiner calibre LB and another solid, ball playing CB as well. Then we can focus on "luxury" signings of the likes of Tevez etc.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Injury Prone Antelope, Mop Head, and Lanky Luca will all be gone come June, possibly even January (preferably).

DP aka Living Legend Alex is gone by June, and Quagmire is also likely to leave should he not feature more regularly. Even if he is staying, that leaves us
with Matri, Vucinic, and Quag come June. We definitely need more depth and quality.

Passing up on signing Tevez would be retarded. Tevez, Quag, Vucinic, Matri, and a youth prospect as our front line for next season would be quitesomething.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
There would have to be some sort of cash "injection" from the board, put aside just for Tevez if he were to come here.

It's possible but is it likely? I highly doubt it.
Keeping in mind we were considering Augero and Rossi for 30m+ and ended up buying Vucinic for 15m. There might be a bit of dough who knows. Manshitty would want 40m+ though for this dude.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Keeping in mind we were considering Augero and Rossi for 30m+ and ended up buying Vucinic for 15m. There might be a bit of dough who knows. Manshitty would want 40m+ though for this dude.
But we didn't end up with either of those players we went with the cheaper option. I doubt that was part of a plan to spend big in January.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Marotta already said we're not spending next summer unless for something small, didn't he? I'm getting tired of all this spending honestly, makes the team look tacky as shit. All these random players that add up to insane amounts of money. At least for now it looks like we have a solid base to build on but I'd rather it be with some youngsters.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Marotta already said we're not spending next summer unless for something small, didn't he? I'm getting tired of all this spending honestly, makes the team look tacky as shit. All these random players that add up to insane amounts of money. At least for now it looks like we have a solid base to build on but I'd rather it be with some youngsters.
It wouldn't be a problem if we had been spending the money wisely.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We have a solid base, but no superstars. We can't compete in Europe with the team we have right now, and are fortunate that the likes of Inter and
Napoli are struggling for form and consistency in the league. Let's not kid ourselves here; our team is a solid, hard working unit that severely lacks
creativity and added bite.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We have a solid base, but no superstars. We can't compete in Europe with the team we have right now, and are fortunate that the likes of Inter and
Napoli are struggling for form and consistency in the league. Let's not kid ourselves here; our team is a solid, hard working unit that severely lacks
creativity and added bite.
We dont lack creativity. We've been scoring and creating chances like mad while our wingers barely function. We would lack it if either Pirlo or Vucinic gets out of form / injured though :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We do lack creativity though. I'm talking about the creativity we had in the heyday of Del Piero and Zidane. Pirlo and Vucinic don't even come close
to that. We still struggle to break down shitty teams, and for that, we need moments of brilliance, something none of our current players can
provide.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Tevez the player? fuck yea

Tevez the sulking,arrogant,insubordinate,nutcase....fuck no...hell i would rather sign Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)