Carlos Tevez (137 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This argument about Allegri overusing players is such bullshit. Every top manager uses his best players as often as he can.

And in reference to Conte. Tevez had played 3070' at this point last year and now 3095' this year. He also missed a couple games with niggly little injuries last year around this time. Pogba had played 3046' last season at the same point as he was injured this season having only played 2825'.

I'd be willing to bet top players on all teams left in 3 competitions have played similar minutes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't get it. A top athlete has his body conditioned to be playing such minutes in a season. Would be interesting to get a comparison of minutes here with other pivotal players across leagues. I don't su scribed to a player brig overused by his manager.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Carlos Tevez: 3095'
Eden Hazard: 3715'
Cristiano Ronaldo: 3500'
Lionel Messi:3710'
Edinson Cavani: 3211'
Alexis Sanchez: 3476'
Gareth Bale: 3469'
Robert Lewandowski: 2891'
Karim Benzema: 3367'
Kevin De Bruyne: 3591'

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Carlos Tevez: 3095'
Eden Hazard: 3715'
Cristiano Ronaldo: 3500'
Lionel Messi:3710'
Edinson Cavani: 3211'
Alexis Sanchez: 3476'
Gareth Bale: 3469'
Robert Lewandowski: 2891'
Karim Benzema: 3367'
Kevin De Bruyne: 3591'
I think the only one who is similar age there is Ronaldo.

But personally speaking I have no problem with the minutes he plays as long as they are always meaningful. I think we could have easily subbed him versus Empoli. It's just a bit unnecessary for him to play 90 minutes. It's not just about this season. You have to think for at least 2 seasons now he has played as much as possible and as hard as possible.

We've seen virtually everyone get injured this year who has been relied upon non-stop for the past 2 seasons. Him and Lichtsteiner are about the only 2 left (and of course Bonucci but his role is easier on the legs).

And of course this is our best shot at the CL in the last 10 years. It's so important for him to be 100%. FFS, In his current form he is a player that can get us to the final.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The point is that he was rested today. He'll probably be rested against Parma. I have no problem with how Allegri has managed his minutes. 3100' is not that bad at this point.

And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather Allegri play him in our remaining easy matches in Serie A as winning those means the tough matches don't matter and I'd rather not have Tevez forces to play in the tough Serie a matches left.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This argument about Allegri overusing players is such bullshit. Every top manager uses his best players as often as he can.

And in reference to Conte. Tevez had played 3070' at this point last year and now 3095' this year. He also missed a couple games with niggly little injuries last year around this time. Pogba had played 3046' last season at the same point as he was injured this season having only played 2825'.

I'd be willing to bet top players on all teams left in 3 competitions have played similar minutes.
Now imagine his minutes at this time last year if they had progressed from their CL Group. It would be very safe to assume that he would have exceeded his minutes compared to this year.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
we can win without him against poor team but need to him for monaco match
Sure we can, but we do need him to maintain his sharpness for CL, which means playing him in the occasional league game for the remainder of the season. He also has earned the right to go for the Serie A top scorer if he wants, and as long as it is not detrimental to his fitness. He can easily play in 5-6 of the last 9 Serie A matches without harm.

- - - Updated - - -

Now imagine his minutes at this time last year if they had progressed from their CL Group. It would be very safe to assume that he would have exceeded his minutes compared to this year.
Conte overused his main players even more.
:agree:

The bigger problem is that after being overused all last year by Conte, to an insane degree, especially Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Tevez, and then most of our players having world cup in the summer, Allegri has had to be much more careful with their minutes this year.

Conte was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen for rotating his squad, and resting key players. Allegri has done a much better job with this, in using Padoin effectively to spell players from multiple positions, rotating Pirlo and Marchisio, getting Pereyra a lot of minutes, earlier substitutions, etc. Much better in my opinion.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Sure we can, but we do need him to maintain his sharpness for CL, which means playing him in the occasional league game for the remainder of the season. He also has earned the right to go for the Serie A top scorer if he wants, and as long as it is not detrimental to his fitness. He can easily play in 5-6 of the last 9 Serie A matches without harm.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

The bigger problem is that after being overused all last year by Conte, to an insane degree, especially Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Tevez, and then most of our players having world cup in the summer, Allegri has had to be much more careful with their minutes this year.

Conte was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen for rotating his squad, and resting key players. Allegri has done a much better job with this, in using Padoin effectively to spell players from multiple positions, rotating Pirlo and Marchisio, getting Pereyra a lot of minutes, earlier substitutions, etc. Much better in my opinion.
yes we controlled the whole game and limited some of teams in serie A big time.but we beaten poor teams hardly with pogba quality and we were hoping they would just give us the three points for a forfeit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)