OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #5,565
    Tevez on Conte, Mancini and Juve
    By Football Italia staff

Carlos Tevez insists he “never considered leaving” Juventus and denied warning them against hiring Roberto Mancini.

The striker spoke at a Press conference this afternoon and was asked about the sudden departure of Coach Antonio Conte on the second day of pre-season training.

“We players still have to prove we are playing in a team that won many Scudetti, that we weren’t just counting on the strength and hard work of the Coach,” said Carlitos.

“We need to be stronger and prove we belong at Juve. I never considered leaving. Conte is a champion as a Coach just as we was during his playing career. I think he took this decision before announcing it.”

It had been reported today that Tevez advised Juventus director Beppe Marotta against hiring Mancini as a replacement, so they went for Massimiliano Allegri instead.

“I’ve never spoken to Marotta about this. The club is based on respect and I doubt the thoughts of a player could change anything. Those who write these stories should have more respect.

“I didn’t know Allegri as a Coach, but I think we are working well now. We know the Juventini loved Conte, but we have to focus on training to prepare for Serie A and the Champions League.

“What shape am I in now? I’m 8kg heavier! I’m fine and once all my teammates return we can start to really get this season into focus.”

It has been said that Conte’s departure and the transfer strategies mean Roma and Napoli are favourites for the Scudetto.

“The field will tell us whether that’s true, but one thing is for sure: we are champions of Italy. I also think with the team at our disposal we can play for the Champions League and give this joy to the fans.”

Tevez was frozen out of the Argentina squad for the World Cup, who lost the Final to Germany in extra time.

“We could’ve won the World Cup and everyone in Argentina truly believed that, but Germany played better on the night. We lost because the ball didn’t go in the net for us and it did for them.”

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Those italians journalist are the worst bunch of the worst definitely.

And lol at fatty Tevez. But he came last season very overweight too, and in the first 2 months of serie A he was already very fit. So no worries.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Indeed. Specially for a sportman like him. Those DIsney´s turkey thighs must has been yummy
    Many athletes put on a lot of weight quickly once they're not training anymore. Good thing is, they mostly lose it just as quickly when they get back working out again.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
    [video=dailymotion;x21zn7y]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21zn7y_апач_auto#from=embediframe[/video]

- Were you familiar with the Allegri before? Another question: What do you feel after the defeat of Argentina in the World Cup?

- No, I was not familiar with the working methods Allegri. I think we work well - this is important. On the second issue: it is difficult to express these feelings, I thought we could easily win the world championship.

- Does it bother you care coach who gave the team a lot? Buffon said that Conte is a great coach, but it remains a great team, great players, which now bear a great responsibility ...

- I think that we, the players, have to prove that the team remains the same, the one that won the Scudetto this. Not only Mr. Conte has made a huge contribution to the team's victory, but the team itself must become stronger to prove to everyone that it is the team wins.

- Have you thought about how to leave "Juve" when he learned that Conte is no longer the coach of the Bianconeri?

- No, these thoughts I had. I think that when we become champions - or will not - I want to be with his friends, so I signed a three-year contract with "Juventus", and want to be here to the end.

- But say what you said Marotta: "If you take Mancini, I'm gone." How true is this?

- No, I did not say Marotta. He should not ask me about it, player. I think that the leadership deserves respect - Marotta, Agnelli and Fabio (Paratici - Ed.). I do not think players should ask such questions - come one time or another coach. I think that writing in newspapers should show a little respect. That's not right, you can not write things like that. Those who wrote it, wants to hurt "Juve" - this is my opinion.

- You tifosi surprised by the reaction to the news of the departure of Conte? In Vinovo not so much. By the way, how is training?

- Everyone knows that in the environment of care Conte Juventinus was passed bad. But we, the players, focused on training, think about the upcoming season, the Champions League, and when they gather everything we discuss everything and decide what we expect from the championship and the Champions League.

- Can we say that Conte disappointed the team and the players with whom he had a close relationship?

- No, I think not. Personally, I'm not disappointed. I said to Mr. Twitter: «you - the champion as a person and as a coach." A little upset, but I think that the decision it took a long time.

- Say a few words about your countryman Pereira. He - pupil "Rivera", you - "Boka". You have already called up? Are you worried about the transition Pereira as he excites fans concerned about the fact that he can take the place of Vidal?

- I think that the transition is not officially announced, so you should wait before talking about it. If we talk about Arturo, I can say that he is a true champion, a phenomenal player. Difficult to talk about it, but we - comrades tifosi - believe that he will be with us. I believe that such champions as Arturo, must remain in "Juventus".

- Do you think "Juventus" is still the favorite of the tournament? In view of recent events all say "Napoli" and "Roma" is stronger.

- Well, that "Roma" and "Napoli" consider themselves better than us. Field judge us, but it would be worth to show respect, as we are the champions of Italy.

- Return e European competition: what impression the first days of the collection? You've managed to speak to Evra?

- Yes, it will arrive 31 numbers. I'm really glad my friend move. I think we should work to ensure that as far as possible to go to Europe. We need to work hard.

- After three consecutive Scudetto win again harder, or the main difficulty would be a change of coach? After working methods have changed.

- It is more difficult to keep the same high level. To win the Scudetto for the fourth time harder and not because Conte left. Difficult to stay on a qualitatively higher level.

- How do you evaluate the performance of Argentina Mundiale? Could you benefit from making the same pass that was missing?

- I believe that Argentina could win the World Cup, because Germany played better, in my opinion. The problem is that we could score, but the ball went into the goal - it's the only problem. But I think that Argentina was on the verge of winning the World Cup.

- Morata said that he would like to win the Champions League and in black and white t-shirt. Do you think this is possible?

- I think that with the existing structure, with slightly more faith in yourself, in Europe can succeed and bring joy to all Juventinus.

- In what form do you now dwellest? Are you ready for the new season?

- I'm fine, I weigh more than eight pounds (laughs). I'm fine, await the arrival of his companions to prepare for the championship. To play, I need to lose those eight pounds.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    - Morata said that he would like to win the Champions League and in black and white t-shirt. Do you think this is possible?

- I think that with the existing structure, with slightly more faith in yourself, in Europe can succeed and bring joy to all Juventinus.
    Conte would disagree about that one.

It's actually good to have a coach that doesn't downplay our chances before the competition even starts.

#taskforce

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    That we shouldn't expect CL anytime soon, or something along these lines. I know he's being realistic and most people don't expect CL triumph, but to publicly say something like that is tactless. More diplomatic approach to this issue would have been appreciated. Allegri handled it rather well.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    I don't even understand how you manage to put on 8kg in that short amount of time, huge credit for that achievement.
    no training for 2 months, plus eating at the same level as yu were before traiing.

also most of that is probably water weight, which is easy to gain when you do not sweat and eat a lot of food high in sodium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)