Carlos Tevez (134 Viewers)

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Conte: “As far as the rotation’s concerned, we’re playing every three days and need everyone to get vital playing time under their belts. I’ve alternated the defenders in the previous two games, sooner or later Tevez will also have to sit one out."

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Conte: “As far as the rotation’s concerned, we’re playing every three days and need everyone to get vital playing time under their belts. I’ve alternated the defenders in the previous two games, sooner or later Tevez will also have to sit one out."
Well, that's inevitable. The problem is that our schedule is really bad at the moment. Realistically, our next opponent Chievo is the weakest team that we'll be facing, but they are always tough to beat at their own ground. And after that we play against Torino, which is always a special match, which you don't want to lose. So it's probably best to bench Tevez against Chievo, with Lichtsteiner, Chiellini and Marchisio being fresh and rested and with Llorente finally available, we should beat them.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is another hidden benefit of being able to play multiple formations. You can move people around. Like if we were able to switch to a 4-3-3. You could potentially sit Tevez and field Llorente up top with Giovinco on the right and Mirko on the left. Then you can put Asamoah to CM and rest Vidal. And Peluso at LB. And you can rest Barza or Bonucci.

Jun 13, 2007
I'm really loving the way Tevez is fitting in to the team these days. Tireless runner, makes some incredible tackles, has so much hard, great with the ball at his feet and is a superb goalscorer. Today he was a bit wasteful but made up for it with an excellent goal. I'm really looking forward to see how the llorente Tevez partnership will develop in the coming games.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This guy can really does it all. His goal was fantastic, sure, but what was even more fantastic were those tackles he made while tracking back to defend.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Fits this team like a glove. He's the architypical SS. A position in football that has been dying a slow death in recent years and us as one of the few teams still keeping the flame burning, he found us at the right time. Against teams like liverno who play for a draw I don't mind him taking a gazzilion shots. Its almost as if they don't know that his shot is that good. Its unfortunate that he's hitting the post so many times. Take the shots, and the opposition will realize that sitting deep isn't working and then once they push up play the little one twos. He's given our attack great variation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)