Carlos Alcaraz (23 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
But all that outrage before...are you telling me it was pointless? On Tuz of all places?
Well we did play somewhere between 4 and 5.5m for this guy to play 370 minutes for us. Thats around 1% of our yearly revenue dedicated to an absolutely hopeless 6 month loan.

I dont know what Guintoli was smoking, but unless this contributed to getting rid of Allegri, it looks a bit dumb.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Well we did play somewhere between 4 and 5.5m for this guy to play 370 minutes for us. Thats around 1% of our yearly revenue dedicated to an absolutely hopeless 6 month loan.

I dont know what Guintoli was smoking, but unless this contributed to getting rid of Allegri, it looks a bit dumb.
me and @Turk_Bianconero can tell you exactly why guintoli made that loan, but you will not like it.

Jun 17, 2011

I was told this cost us approximately €788.95M though

Jun 16, 2020

True but I rather see us taking a gamble like this with a paid loan than immediately signing him.

Aug 29, 2022
The whole Carlos Alcaraz loan deal felt like a troll orchestrated by Giuntoli. A week before it happened, the whole country was crazy for Jannik Sinner while the Australian Open was on. Allegri even made those comments when we were in the title race against Inter “If we are younger in age we are Sinner, and Inter are Djokovic".

Trivia question - I am wondering who else has played for both Southampton and Juventus? Other than Alcaraz, I can only think of Mario Lemina? I don't think Gabbiadini ever actually played a game for Juve.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The whole Carlos Alcaraz loan deal felt like a troll orchestrated by Giuntoli. A week before it happened, the whole country was crazy for Jannik Sinner while the Australian Open was on. Allegri even made those comments when we were in the title race against Inter “If we are younger in age we are Sinner, and Inter are Djokovic".

Trivia question - I am wondering who else has played for both Southampton and Juventus? Other than Alcaraz, I can only think of Mario Lemina? I don't think Gabbiadini ever actually played a game for Juve.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7SfY4pD08l_5yTaCsayxNdw-RfkHD0ofAGuJ3wgViZv7ToIUst33oYMg&s=10.jpg

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Played one game.

eljero-elia.jpg

Lol

Pericard-Vincent-v-Cov.jpg

And credit to anyone who remembers this former youth team legend (without looking at the URL), playing against the legendary Elliot Ward, who made one CL and Coppa appearance. Clue - he is more famous for playing for Saints' rivals Portsmouth.

Seems like he was exiled to England: Juventus got rid of me for texting a director's girlfriend
Ouch.

Now that Saints have gone up they might try for Soulé...

@mjromeo81

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
I remember Ron Atkinson hyping and impressed (lol) by the french- cameroonian on ITV during the 2002 CL dead rubber match between Juventus and Arsenal. Maybe Big Ron convinced the Pompey to sign him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This guy also played for both clubs

iagojuve (1).jpg

Not sure he played for JJ in Serie A but in youth team

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2006
And credit to anyone who remembers this former youth team legend (without looking at the URL), playing against the legendary Elliot Ward, who made one CL and Coppa appearance. Clue - he is more famous for playing for Saints' rivals Portsmouth.

Seems like he was exiled to England: Juventus got rid of me for texting a director's girlfriend
Ouch.
Funnily enough I remember him playing for Portsmouth — not so much Southampton

Mar 30, 2003
I remember Ron Atkinson hyping and impressed (lol) by the french- cameroonian on ITV during the 2002 CL dead rubber match between Juventus and Arsenal. Maybe Big Ron convinced the Pompey to sign him :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This guy also played for both clubs

iagojuve (1).jpg

Not sure he played for JJ in Serie A but in youth team
Iago Falque

- - - Updated - - -

This jersey was class
rB8ApFvjIO-AYa8JAABPmBfIZlQ805.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)