Capturing Screenshots from Video Clips, Movies etc (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
this is extremely disturbing

last night i tried to capture Mark Knopfler's face from the Money for Nothing video clip, which I downloaded, as my new avatar. When i put the screen shot in my Photoshop and started to resize the photo and crap, something extremely faggish happened..my Photoshop became my new video player. Try it. take a screenshot of a movie, put it in Photoshop or or even MS Paint and it will become a extra video player

I thought maybe it was because of Winamp, so i tried playing the video in W Media Player..same thing happened.

wtf

how do I capture screenshots from movies and clips. I remember i used to be able to do this a while a go (maybe 1 or 2 years ago). Whoever implemented this stupid faggish idea of not being able to capture screens from videos

aaaaaaarrrrghh

:fero:

:mad:

ok, anyone know how to beat the system? how to take a screenshot from a videoclip...do i have to use one of those Screencapture programs?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I understood ur problem... but because i dont know how to wotk with videos , i cant help you *sad*

Sep 28, 2002
dj, the genius is bill gates i believe. this only happens with win xp (dunno about others,, xp was my upgrade from 98). so i think you should get back windows 98 :D

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
DJ, you can't print-screen a video clip. It doesn't work that way.

You can try use Virtual Dub. It's free and is a really great tool for video editing.

-S-

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
I think it has something to do with some codecs. I had the same problem but I don't have that anymore since I uninstalled some codecs.

I downloaded some codecs and removed some, didn't solve that problem I was orignally out to solve but it solved the capture problem.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, don't use a video player like PowerDVD. Open the file in VirtualDub and take a screenie from there

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
omg - how complicated...
btw you can open it in quicktime aswell - file-export....
but i fear you must have the Pro-version, that you can enable by entering a valid serial...

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ok, i'll try the VirtualDub....

Maxmc, getting the serial isnt that hard...;)....i think

Loppan, what codecs? where do i remove them from?

Fli, Bill Gates sucks :fero: im not going back to 98 tho..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)