Captain Davids (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tacca03 ] ++
Both Davids and Zambrotta were made captain during the game.

I'm sorry I failed to post the pictures here directly, but please check these links below. They are from the club's website.
Awesome photos! In the first one, I love the unity, and it's great to see Nicola so happy to be in our team :D

I like the second one because Zambro's doing his superman pose, which is only right I guess :strong:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
wow, zamboy must have felt sooo cool with that armband on! jeez, thats like probably what everyone strives for...
I wore the band once, it's pretty cool.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
I was quite :confused: when I heard about what happened, so I tried to understand. That's what I found:

The ref had Zambro as vice-captain on his list (made before the start of the match). So, according to the rules, it was him who had to receive the band. When Lippi told davids to give the band to Zambrotta, it was only because the ref told him to do so.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
I was quite :confused: when I heard about what happened, so I tried to understand. That's what I found:

The ref had Zambro as vice-captain on his list (made before the start of the match). So, according to the rules, it was him who had to receive the band. When Lippi told davids to give the band to Zambrotta, it was only because the ref told him to do so.
Good explanation :)

Man.... I wonder how all this made Davids feel.... it probably made him think "wow... maybe it is time for me to move on... I can't even captain the team for 10 minutes :frown:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
I'm glad you understood.. maybe my English is improving :excited:

Yeah, gray, maybe davids has thought something like that.. I'm only glad that it wasn't Lippi's decision.. That would have been very :down: for Edgar.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
If this is the case as isha00 explained (thank you :) ), then I'm sure Davids knows who was appointed vice captain for that match so i don't think he would feel :down: i mean....

if i know that Zambro's vice captain.......

and the boss or the captain still wanted to give the armband to me at 1st.......

i'd be gald and i would be able to understand that it was later given back to Zambro cos of the rules.

oh, and i think Zambro would make a great Captain!!! :extatic: :thumb:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

oh, and i think Zambro would make a great Captain!!! :extatic: :thumb:
I think that too :)

And I wanted to say "u r welcome" to all the people who thanked me :)

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
This is a funny story. If Del Piero knew that Zambro was vice-captain, why did he give the armband to Davids?? Ok, maybe Davids was the closest player to him at the time, but shouldn't Davids have given to Zambrotta right away?

Anyway, I saw a picture of the players celebrating the first goal, and Davids had the captain armband on, and I felt so proud.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Just a thought...

Maybe Del Piero knows that David is definitely leaving Juve so he gave the armband to him...something to remember. A gesture of gratitude and respect.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Good explanation :)

Man.... I wonder how all this made Davids feel.... it probably made him think "wow... maybe it is time for me to move on... I can't even captain the team for 10 minutes :frown:

That would mean, that players have no idea about Lippi's decisions in this matter: that Zambro was on the list as vice-capitan.
Do you think that this is possible? :undecide:
I doubt it. I think that players know, who is their vice-capitan.

So maybe Davids was rather surprised: Why me??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)