Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (30 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
WTF???

When is it ever a good time to lose your captain, leader, best defender, and one of the few truly world class players in your squad?
Exactly. Maybe another CB drops with a long term knee injury and we are left with 3 CBs in 3 competitions. Probably another blessing in disguise LOL

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
The last world class no nonsense defender. He learned from some of the best, and what I consider the last crop of talented defenders (nineties), in the world. His physique has been a problem at the later stage of his career, but he kept being relevant, cause he learned from the old school where brain and timing meant something.

Today, the game has become more mechanical and team based and the focus is, and has been for many years, on attack and offensive players.

But he still showed how great a defender he is. Like Pirlo, he did not have to rely on pace.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
OMG after Cheesio and Litch departed, Chiello was the last player I trully feel to be the perfect example of the things that made me fall in love with Juve in first place

What a terrible new, get well soon champion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)