Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (12 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
When has he ever started a season well.

I don't know what he does over the summer but it seems the same every season. Although he did play well vs Lazio, so here's hoping his bad form is saved for the Azzurri.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Chiellini: ‘Juventus aren’t Real Madrid’
By Football Italia staff

“Real Madrid can win 6-2, Milan with Ronaldinho could win 5-2,” Chiellini noted in La Stampa.

“We win 1-0 or 2-0. That’s the history of the club, and we’re talking about decades.

“Do you have to win another way in Europe? There isn’t just one way to do it, but there’s history to follow and characteristics to maintain, which is not to say you don’t try to win 3-0.

“We have to improve, but we’re not Real Madrid and we never will be. We don’t have their characteristics, if they concede 3-2 then it’ll end 6-2.

“We’re a team that, if we’re in the lead, we must not concede goals.”

Defentus :beer:

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Spot on..
Ever since i watch football, Juve always have a great/best defensive unit, and some flamboyant player upfront.
We won alot because great organizational and defending.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Chiellini: 'Juventus aren’t Real Madrid’
By Football Italia staff

“Real Madrid can win 6-2, Milan with Ronaldinho could win 5-2,” Chiellini noted in La Stampa.

“We win 1-0 or 2-0. That’s the history of the club, and we’re talking about decades.

“Do you have to win another way in Europe? There isn’t just one way to do it, but there’s history to follow and characteristics to maintain, which is not to say you don’t try to win 3-0.

“We have to improve, but we’re not Real Madrid and we never will be. We don’t have their characteristics, if they concede 3-2 then it’ll end 6-2.

Bollocks, I remember Juve trashing their opponents in the mid/late 90es, when we were on top of our game. Just look at some of the results from that era. Trashed Ajax 4-1 (CL finalist a year before), 4-1 vs Monaco in the semis, 4-1 vs Feynoord, 1-4 vs Dinamo Kyiev, the team led by Scheva and that had previously hammered Barca home and away, etc... I would like some players to stop making excuses and realize JUVENTUS is a top club and have to be in the later stages every season and fans will always have high expectations and if you don't deliver results, we need to find someone who can.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bollocks, I remember Juve trashing their opponents in the mid/late 90es, when we were on top of our game. Just look at some of the results from that era. Trashed Ajax 4-1 (CL finalist a year before), 4-1 vs Monaco in the semis, 4-1 vs Feynoord, 1-4 vs Dinamo Kyiev, the team led by Scheva and that had previously hammered Barca home and away, etc... I would like some players to stop making excuses and realize JUVENTUS is a top club and have to be in the later stages every season and fans will always have high expectations and if you don't deliver results, we need to find someone who can.
Dont forget that PSG supercup thrashing we did. But in one way his got a point, whilst these type of victories are far few we do tend have this mentality for decades of just wanting to win by one or two goals with all focus on defence.

For example the monaco win i can never forget and neither some of these others, they stand out because simply we were had that one or two players on some serious form aka alex.

This season we bought players who could make a difference and who should make a difference i.e we should see more thrashing, it is a pathetic excuse but at the same time i see where his coming from.

Im disappointed though that Chielini has to come out with this, yes we are saying it to lower the pressure but it would be inexcusable if we went with that same mentality against both zagreb and lyon.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
It's exception rather than a norms..
hence you remember, because it rarely happen

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Chiellini: 'Juventus aren’t Real Madrid’
By Football Italia staff

:tup:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's exception rather than a norms..
hence you remember, because it rarely happen

We should aspire to be like we were in the 90's either way. We are different in mentality to RM we don't do spectacles (we dominate our way), doesn't mean we don't have to improve and just be content with a 1-0, that's asking for trouble. Bad habit we have

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
We should aspire to be like we were in the 90's either way. We are different in mentality to RM we don't do spectacles (we dominate our way), doesn't mean we don't have to improve and just be content with a 1-0, that's asking for trouble. Bad habit we have
Ah, u abit mistaken my post..
What i'm trying to say, even when we dominate, we rarely win big.
It's kinda like tradition, and why can't we be content with 1-0?

Different opponent require different approach, if we play regalation candidate, i agree with your post, but in big match i.e. vs Barca, would u attack blindly just to add 1 more goal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)