Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (46 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well yes, Barzagli is phenomenal. But my point is that MSN now have to worry much less about "being in for for a world of hurt", when they go on the attack.

I think that's Chiellini's biggest contribution. He's a hardman, the kind of defender that makes strikers shit their pants out of fear of what happen to their ankles, knees etc.

Barzagli is the better defender overall, but Chiellini is the type of guy who would bodycheck Neymar early on and make him timid for the rest of the match.
I do agree with that. But I think it can work both for and against us. It could scare Neymar (not Messi though, that guy is built like a tank), but it could also cause us to concede soft penalties. All in all I'm not sure whether or not this is a bad thing. Sucks for him though, he deserved to play.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I agree with that. But is the guy even matchfit???

edit: Sorry I read Barzagli for some reason, lol.
Barzagli is always beastmode ;)

Chiellini is much more inconsistent, and on a bad day he's a huge liability tbh, could've easily seen him causing a penalty or getting sent off. However, if he plays his absolute A-game, he can be even more influential than Barzagli imo, who usually does his job in an impeccable, quiet manner.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Against this kind of players, chiellini is a gamble too.
They can outsmasrt him with trickery and cheapness, making the referee show the cards or a penalty.

Maybe it was meant to be.

What is really sad is that he will miss the most important game in his juve career

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
"I bought Ogbonna for this moment alone. I have seen it with my eye. He will play the game of his life against Barca, and after we've won the CL I will sell." :beppe:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
You fuckers should stop the Ogbonna hate. He's a Juventus player. I'm sure he has at least some quality.
The hate in here is certainly out of proportion, he can be a somewhat okay squad player (although his fee was waaayyy too much), but he's simply not up to facing Messi, Suarez, and Neymar.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The hate in here is certainly out of proportion, he can be a somewhat okay squad player (although his fee was waaayyy too much), but he's simply not up to facing Messi, Suarez, and Neymar.
Of course not. But perhaps he rises to the occasion. If Barzagli is fit, we go with him. If he's not we play Ogbonna and hope for the best. We are Juventus, we cannot afford to be scared when we lose one player.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Chiellini is nervous in big games. This years CL fare proved this against Dortmund (Reus goal) and Monaco (handball).
Barzagli is better keeping his calm. Bonucci and Barzagli will be just fine. Of course Chiellini is a big miss, but it's not like Tevez is gone..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)