Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (63 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I love him everywhere he plays. But I feel like Bonucci needs him playing next to him. Barzaglis been fantastic, but I dont know if he can marshall the centre like Giorgio. Doesn't take away from the fact that we still need an LB. But this guy reminded me of the Zambrotta hey days. Owning that flank.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
I love the fear opposition wide men have in their eyes when they know they're coming across Our Giorgio at left back. They know they're in for a game. but a LB and a decent one for a change will make such a massive difference.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He did an extremely terrible mistake in the second half, luckily Inter didn't capitulate from it. He had the ball next to Inter's area and lost it to Maicon, instead of tracking back, he pulled an Amauri complaint and left Maicon with an area as big as as the Pacific Ocean. Other than that he was a beast, in the first half he frustrated the shit out of Douglas.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He was great!

Its just such an unfortunate situation though. He shouldn't be playing as a fullback, he should be beastin' it as a cb. We should just cut the crap and sign some good fullbacks for once. I don't want him to get stuck out on the left.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
I said it awhile ago that Chiellini should be our left back this season because of his experience playing there with fiorentina and juventus in his early days but everyone kept saying im stupid for wanting him on the outside. Well now what? I knew he would be our short term solution till we find a proper LB. He did dribble a bit to much in the back but still did a beastly performance. We shouldnt be surprised on how well hes doing in the flank. Great players know how to adapt.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
He was great!

Its just such an unfortunate situation though. He shouldn't be playing as a fullback, he should be beastin' it as a cb. We should just cut the crap and sign some good fullbacks for once. I don't want him to get stuck out on the left.
He won. Bastos and Drenthe noth want to come to Juve. With basots saying he cant say no if an offer arrived and Drenthe pretty much a show in. They are not the best in te world but they are good and young and put Chiellini back in the middle with Bonucci and our backline would be young and fast. No one over 28. but with Juve you never know even if a WC player wants to come we still manage not to sign. lets hope cause it would be a shame if Chiellini became permanent out there but until we do buy someone worthy hes the best we have and im glad hes out there.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We will concede more cheap goals with Grosso at lb and Chiellini in the center (proven over 2 seasons) than we will with Barzagli at cb and Chiellini on the left. Might as well give the latter option more time. We have nothing to lose considering our defensive record so far. Time to switch it up and see if this experiment continues to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)