Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (97 Viewers)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Chiellini is under 2-3 best defenders in the world .

Chiellini> Puyol,Pique,Terry,Vidic,Ferdinant,Alex,Pepe,Lucio,Samuel,Th.Silva

But problem is they are couples ex :

Vidic + Ferdinant > Chiellini + Bonucci
Pique + Puyol > Chiellini + Bonucci

Buy on AliExpress.com

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008

I would pick Gentile.

Personally i don't think Nesta is capable of marking Maradona if they met on a pitch, not now, not ever. On the other hand, Gentile ripped him apart.

I would definitely choose Physicality/Power (Chiellini) over Class/Elegance (Nesta).

Inter won a treble last year and i don't see class in their back line or anywhere else in the whole club to be frank.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
I would pick Gentile.

Personally i don't think Nesta is capable of marking Maradona if they met on a pitch, not now, not ever. On the other hand, Gentile ripped him apart.

I would definitely choose Physicality/Power (Chiellini) over Class/Elegance (Nesta).

Inter won a treble last year and i don't see class in their back line or anywhere else in the whole club to be frank.
Then u must be blind, gotta give credit where it is due even though it's still inter merda

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he needs an elegant defender to partner him to make up for what he lacks.

rannochia would have been a better choice over bonucci, then again, maybe an established world class elegant defender is what is realy needed.

lets not forget we get exposed at full back which doesnt help anyone, and often our DM isnt playing great either.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He'll be the greatest defender of all time, wait and see people!
Talk about thinking highly of your players. :D

He definitely is one of the best defenders in Europe currently. If only he had a footballing brain to support his defensive abilities, he could have been the best.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
I agree, Chiellini is not classy, that's never been his role, he's an excellent CB, hard and knows when to tackle and when to pressure his opponents. He's still Italy's best defender right now regardless of that.
:agree: Chiellini's game is a helluva thang, rarely a thing of beauty.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Owned by Suarez or not I'm talking talent wise and I've never seen a defender as elegant as Nesta.

Chiellini is great and he will be (already) Italy and Juventus best defender for years to come but he is no Nesta, Sciera, Baresi... this is pushing it way toooo far for him.
True but let's just agree he is no Nesta.
:tup:

May 22, 2007
The contrast between the current Juventus and last season's Juventus is quite remarkable. A lot of the time, we were getting pinned back by the opposition under pressure, so Chiellini really didn't have much choice back then (being the one man defense that he was). I think it's exaggerated that he doesn't know what to do with the ball at his feet. Whenever he has space he's always looking to play the ball along the ground instead of clunking it forward 60 yards, especially compared to Legro.

He's not as good as Bonucci, but I don't think he has any problems. Can't forget this.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
The difference is that Materazzi won most of his trophies warming the bench.
He wasn't warming it in the 2006 WC, Nesta was, Matter of fact he wasn't even on the bench.

Then u must be blind, gotta give credit where it is due even though it's still inter merda
You saw elegance in their defense? who? Samuel? or Lucio? Chivu? Cordoba?
These are the dirtiest players you can put on your back line!!

he needs an elegant defender to partner him to make up for what he lacks.

rannochia would have been a better choice over bonucci, then again, maybe an established world class elegant defender is what is realy needed.

lets not forget we get exposed at full back which doesnt help anyone, and often our DM isnt playing great either.
I agree on that, Bonucci is looking good for now.

Talk about thinking highly of your players. :D

He definitely is one of the best defenders in Europe currently. If only he had a footballing brain to support his defensive abilities, he could have been the best.
Thats how Mourinho made his players world champions, we should support ours and make them feel like gods on the pitch, not the other way around.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
To be honest i've never seen a truly great defender that gets nervous and almost freaks out whenever an attacker try to put pressure on him. Chiellini defends well thats true but he's really really poor with the ball under his feet (and personally i think the guy lack confidence in himself).

I still love the guy but thats my honest opinion on him....

The closest thing we'll get to a new Nesta will be Ranocchia IMO. The kid really reminds me of Nesta.
:agree: the more i watch Ranocchia the more he reminds me of the young Nesta in his Lazio days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)