Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (89 Viewers)

qcfabio

Apr 5, 2004
That is not so far fetched that he can be better than Zambrotta, people forget when we bought Zambrotta from bari he was playing as a winger in the midfield and he also did that for Juve for a couple of years untill the switch to left back. With Chiellini he already started at left back so as a defender he is way ahead of Zambrotta in the learning curve in that position than zambrotta was at the same age.

It's great to read malducato's learning-curve theory. http://www.juventuz.com/forum/images/juventuz_smilies/tup.gif
:tup:
For Chiellini, I am really impressed by his determination and leadership in the Olympic match against Portugal. It's right that he's still raw and unpolished but I see great potential in him to become a world-class CB and a future Juventus captain after our beloved DP. He's simply a classical Juve-material with grit, determination and sense of team-work.

It'll be prefect if Canna come back and forms the CB with Chiellini. Can benefit Juve immediately and the future also. I think few would blame Canna of jumping the ship when Juve geot demoted if he really comes back. I love Canna.

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
It's great to read malducato's learning-curve theory. http://www.juventuz.com/forum/images/juventuz_smilies/tup.gif
:tup:
For Chiellini, I am really impressed by his determination and leadership in the Olympic match against Portugal. It's right that he's still raw and unpolished but I see great potential in him to become a world-class CB and a future Juventus captain after our beloved DP. He's simply a classical Juve-material with grit, determination and sense of team-work.

It'll be prefect if Canna come back and forms the CB with Chiellini. Can benefit Juve immediately and the future also. I think few would blame Canna of jumping the ship when Juve geot demoted if he really comes back. I love Canna.
ok .. i agree

but dont tell me he is better than zambarotta ..

Chiellini has a long road to reach to zamabrotta's level..

but as u said, he is one of the great defenders BUT not now, in future. thats for sure.

OP
Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #189
    Chiellini has more of a build of a CB cause he is relatively tall and is good in the air, while Zambrotta was better with the ball at his feet, since he was a winger when at Bari

OP
    Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #194
    Giorgio is 22, no big clubs wanted him; Zambrotta was 28-ish and received interest from both Milan clubs and from Spain. Also when he left there was the possibilty of us remaining 2 years in Serie B. Maybe he shouldn't have spoken bad about us, but apart from that I have nothing against him

Jul 2, 2006
    Giorgio is 22, no big clubs wanted him; Zambrotta was 28-ish and received interest from both Milan clubs and from Spain. Also when he left there was the possibilty of us remaining 2 years in Serie B. Maybe he shouldn't have spoken bad about us, but apart from that I have nothing against him

Chelski wanted Chiellini bfore this season his answer was no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)