Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (56 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He is still top 10 in his position when it comes to pure defending. He can easily play 2 more years with limited playtime. I don't want to lose him and buffon in one window.
He just missed 42 and 21 games in the last 2 seasons alone. That would be very limited playing time.

Plus there's VAR now. It makes him a liability. The problem is obviously finding the right replacement imo.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Behind De Ligt, Demiral and?

Dragusin?
Depends on the budget, I guess. Rugani and Dragusin are already ours. Romagnoli might be a trade option (if he accepts a low salary) and I think Max can definitely revive him.
Or spend some money somewhere on a better defender...

I just don't think we can count on a 37 year old who has already shown to be very injury prone.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If you had to choose between keeping Bonucci or Chiellini, who’d you keep?
Chiellini book value zero? If not zero then close to it. And salary 3.5M (will be even less after he extends)
Bonucci book value is around 18M (6M yearly I think) and 6M salary net.

Chiellini > Bonucci also. Easy choice really. But the problem is we might not be able to sell Bonucci so we are stuck

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
No need to use any of our budget at CB.
Keep the 5 from this season and continue trying to offload Rugani. Can’t see Chiellini kicking up a fuss about playing 4th/5th choice, even if we know his productivity will still be better than Bonucci who will be impossible to shift.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Financially it's a no brainer that Juve would be better served with Bonucci's exit. Chiell will come cheap as a part-time player and good clubhouse influence. Of course I know next to impossible to get a team to take on Bonucci's contract but I'm hoping another CB(s) plays better and relegates Bono to the bench or sub. It's better to have him cheerleading on the sideline that forcing him to play (maybe not good enough?) just because he makes lots of money. Max will do the whatever it takes to win.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Chiellini book value zero? If not zero then close to it. And salary 3.5M (will be even less after he extends)

Chiellini > Bonucci also. Easy choice really. But the problem is we might not be able to sell Bonucci so we are stuck
Bonucci although plays exceptionally well with Max and balls out from the back

Jun 16, 2020

I wanted to post the same. Basically Bonucci not getting injured very often and him being younger than Chiellini are the advantages.

Chiellini is better and cheaper. And probably has a more important role in the dressing room aswel, but he’ll miss some games and with some bad luck many games.

Personally I’d go for Chiellini, as Danilo could be the perfect 4th or 5th option behind De Ligt, Demiral, Dragusin and Chiellini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)