50/60 Passes Completed
4 Long Balls Attempted
1 Ball Recovery

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Chiellini: 'Experience and enthusiasm'
Chiellini-Ita-1809-stretch-epa.jpg

Giorgio Chiellini hopes to share his experience with the new Italy squad after their World Cup failure, relishing “the enthusiasm that youngsters bring.”
The first Nations League match with Poland kicks off on Friday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT) at the Stadio Dall’Ara in Bologna.
After Italy failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, Chiellini confessed he could retire from international duty, but changed his mind.
“I did consider a few things and discussed it with my friends,” said the Juventus defender in his Press conference.
“I wasn’t sure if I would return, but the enthusiasm that youngsters bring really pushes you on. In this training camp there is the atmosphere of calm, desire to go forward, to do something new and not look back at the past.
“You cannot leave the Nazionale. I hope that my presence will never be a problem for this squad.”
Gigi Buffon and Daniele De Rossi are also in the balance, not quite retired from international duty, but available if called upon.
“I consider myself one of the captains of this team, but there are others currently out of the side, like Daniele or Gigione, who are still in activity.
“There are many young, talented players who I can perhaps help with my experience at playing at a certain level, to teach them what it takes to play with more consistency.
“This Italy side has a lot of talent, we are certainly not lacking that.”
Leonardo Bonucci is in a similar position and returned to Juventus after a year at Milan.
“I am happy that he returned, as a friend. We shared many years together and seeing him every day is great. I hope that’ll be the case until I retire.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)