Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (33 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would prefer the composure of Barzagli in a match like this. No offense to Giorgio, but he has a tendency to get unhinged at times. I love his passion, and his runs up the pitch with the ball at his feet are equal parts mesmerizing and hilarious, but cooler heads are needed in this kind of match.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I feel sorry for him missing this, but I think it was the same calf injury he was recovering from when he was rushed back for the euro 2012 final and he really struggled in that game.

Deserved to play in the final after what he's done for the club and people often forget he was one of (if not) the first to go and sign a new contract and pledge his future to the club iirc when we were demoted to B,

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
And hopefully we bring it home for him. Nens bra, where you watching the game?
No clue, man. I'm hoping there'll be some sort of wogregation around a big screen. Fed Square? Lygon St? Going to get monumentally hooroo'd! What are your plans, le?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
No clue, man. I'm hoping there'll be some sort of wogregation around a big screen. Fed Square? Lygon St? Going to get monumentally hooroo'd! What are your plans, le?
DOC espresso Chief, 10 bucks, ill be pretty sloshed on arrival. Ill either be drowning my sorrows or celebrating. Going with some fam and friends.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

I would prefer the composure of Barzagli in a match like this. No offense to Giorgio, but he has a tendency to get unhinged at times. I love his passion, and his runs up the pitch with the ball at his feet are equal parts mesmerizing and hilarious, but cooler heads are needed in this kind of match.
:tup:

Someone said it already: might be a blessing in disguise?

- - - Updated - - -

Barzagli is quicker than Bonucci and Chiellini.
@GrecoJuve

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
DOC espresso Chief, 10 bucks, ill be pretty sloshed on arrival. Ill either be drowning my sorrows or celebrating. Going with some fam and friends.
Truue lad. Is that a legit event? Non-juventino friends will be hard pressed paying entry but i'll try to make it down.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Juve don't need speed in defense against Barcelona, they need composure. IT's worrying enough that we have one livewire in defense in Lichtsteiner

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
As for the pros and cons of Chiellini's injury. Barzagli might bring more composure. Chiellini would have brought grinta and that nigglyness. He's famous for getting under players skin and putting them off their game. I think we haven't lost or won anything in the grand scheme of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it is. Legit Juve Club. 10 bucks I think you get a coffee and a croissant or something. But ill be on the beers.
Don't mind that. I had no idea about this club. Ever watched any other games there?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
No matter how clumsy Chiellini can be with giving away penalties etc., the fact is that he's the greatest warrior we have after Arturo. It's a big, big blow.

Chiellini is a complete fucking psycho on the pitch, and his absence means that Neymar, Suarez and Messi can breathe a sigh of relief and focus more on their game, as they now don't have to worry about having Chiellini breathing down their necks constantly.

Yes, Barzagli is the better defender overall, but he just doesn't annoy, frustrate, press and tackle opposition players as well as Chiellini does. Barzagli's main strength is positioning (which we'll also need, but that's besides the point I'm making right now).

In my mind, we always needed heart and grinta in order to win this final. Well, guess what, we lost a huge part of that today.
:agree:
Lichtsteiner will have to ramp us his antics now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think we are going to hold the ball far more than Barca expect us to.
I think people who expect Barca to be only possession based tiki-taka team will be suprised too. They rely heavily on counters and extremely direct approach of punishing space given to them. Both vs Real and Bayern games, they spent alot of time going deep and patiently waiting for oppositon to have lots of possession then pressure and transition quickly. Luis Enrique defenitely made them a direct first team even if they hold lots of possession still vs more defensive teams. Most telling is if they are leading, you will see them drop off and go deep for last 30 mins or so as I seen them do in plenty big games.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
play llorente as cb

he's quite good at ruining attacking moves
@DelPiero84
:D

His injury might be a blessing in disguise. Would always fear that he slips in a crucial moment, makes reckless challenge inside the box, or make some other costly error. I'm sorry that he'll miss probably the most important game of his career, but at the same time feel a lot calmer that he'll be out. Next year when we get to the final he'll have his chance again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)