Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (35 Viewers)

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Chiellini is like the centurion of our defense, he's strong, determined, inspiring, unwavering and leads from the front. I cannot state that Barzagli lacks courage because he certainly does not, but Chiello takes his relentless combativeness in defense to a whole new level; and I dare say, unmatched in world football. I wouldn't take 3 Kompanys, Pepes, Piques or Mascheranos over one Chiellini. He is a rock, the very fulcrum not only of our defense, but I dare say the team in general; our overall performance drops more with his absence alone than any other player, that dynamic is quite telling when you really think about it.
Exactly what i meant. In better words. :tup: :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Chiello gives us power and determination while Barzagli gives us positioning and intelligence. You can't compare those 2. They are both unreplaceble in our defence.
It's more like Chiello's coverage and burst speed which makes him excel as that 3rd CB. He can go into LB mode whenever the team needs and he's quick enough to trackback aswell. Not many CB's would be capable of that.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Chiellini is like the centurion of our defense, he's strong, determined, inspiring, unwavering and leads from the front. I cannot state that Barzagli lacks courage because he certainly does not, but Chiello takes his relentless combativeness in defense to a whole new level; and I dare say, unmatched in world football. I wouldn't take 3 Kompanys, Pepes, Piques or Mascheranos over one Chiellini. He is a rock, the very fulcrum not only of our defense, but I dare say the team in general; our overall performance drops more with his absence alone than any other player, that dynamic is quite telling when you really think about it.
Stop with the pretentious posting. "Dare I say"?

Dec 31, 2008
“Yesterday we won a very important match on a difficult pitch like Verona, which in recent years had always created problems to us,” stated the defender on his website following the 2-1 win.

“Even if I could not play because of my injury, I sat out the one-match ban imposed after my reaction at the end of Juventus-Genoa.
“Now that the controversy about that match has gone, I would like to apologise publicly for the incident,” he added.
“Unfortunately, watching the game from the stands gave me more tension and after the end of the match I reacted too vehemently.
“We players should be the first who give a good example of how to behave on and off the field, so I wanted to apologise to all football and sports fans in general for my behaviour.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)