Capitano Danilo (18 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
lol So Danilo is bad all of a sudden because he gave the ball away at 0-2 in the 90th minute?
No Danilo is bad because he was never good to begin with. Just a decent fullback who has no business starting for Juventus.
He is mediocrity personified. A backup option at best.
I mean people should have gotten it by now after failing in 2 big clubs.
Him starting exemplifies current day Juve.
Full of mediocre, overpaid mercenaries.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015

Respect. :heart:

Danilo is the only one who's come out to apologise. Apology is about acknowledging you failed, it's about taking ownership about the situation. It's sharing the your regret and acknowledging the remorse us fans are feeling. Thank you Danilo.

Allegri and Cuadrado on the other hand just want to move on, "it's football". Yes! We know it's football but you failed, time to humble yourself, own up, soak it in and then pick move on. To just brush it off, is the reason why we really suck.
I disagree. Don't like it at all when players apologise to the fans after a loss. For example I have found it extra cringe when Maguire and co have continuously apologised to their fans and just kept performing the same mediocre way. Better to just keep quiet and to show the passion for the shirt on the pitch.

Jun 6, 2015
No Danilo is bad because he was never good to begin with. Just a decent fullback who has no business starting for Juventus.
He is mediocrity personified. A backup option at best.
I mean people should have gotten it by now after failing in 2 big clubs.
Him starting exemplifies current day Juve.
Full of mediocre, overpaid mercenaries.
Danilo has been super reliable performer for us for the past couple of seasons and easily among the best players in his position. He absolutely has business starting for Juve and has shown absolutely no signs of being mercenary that is only here to collect a pay check.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
lol So Danilo is bad all of a sudden because he gave the ball away at 0-2 in the 90th minute?
He’s been immense for us. Everyone makes mistakes, it won’t change the fact that he’s one of the team leaders. We had to score with the chances we had in the first half, period. Also, Arthur is useless, I hope he leaves at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Danilo has been super reliable performer for us for the past couple of seasons and easily among the best players in his position. He absolutely has business starting for Juve and has shown absolutely no signs of being mercenary that is only here to collect a pay check.
Among the best player in his position compared to whom?
For example, would you pick Danilo over Lichtensteiner, Dani Alves and Cancelo, our last 3 RB before him.
I could name you 2 players currently better than him in that position. Singo from Torino and that Bellanova kid from Cagliari.
Both of them show more technique, stamina, defensive solidity than him.
In what bigger club, than this current day mediocre Juve could Danilo start?

Actually you can extend this to our whole team.
Position by position which Juve player would start for Liverpool, City, Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea, Psg.
We used to have so many 4 - 5 years ago, let alone 7-8.

Jun 6, 2015
Among the best player in his position compared to whom?
For example, would you pick Danilo over Lichtensteiner, Dani Alves and Cancelo, our last 3 RB before him.
I could name you 2 players currently better than him in that position. Singo from Torino and that Bellanova kid from Cagliari.
Both of them show more technique, stamina, defensive solidity than him.
In what bigger club, than this current day mediocre Juve could Danilo start?

Actually you can extend this to our whole team.
Position by position which Juve player would start for Liverpool, City, Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea, Psg.
We used to have so many 4 - 5 years ago, let alone 7-8.
Huh? Compared to all players in his position.

Both Singo and Bellanova are wing-backs that play much higher up the pitch than Danilo and neither of them are better defenders or as good passers as him. Of course if you only accept very attacking players as full-backs then Danilo is not your guy. There's absolutely no chance that we're even considering a replacement for him at this point because any improvement in that position (no matter how minor) would cost a fortune. Someone young and cheap like Bellanova who can hopefully one day reach the level of Danilo makes sense.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Oh I know we are going to keep him and keep being under par at that position.
Anyway my point is "being good" in a mediocre Juve doesn't actually mean being a good player overall.
The position is downgraded into oblivion and he is here to stay. Fun times ahead.
From Licht to Alves To Cancelo to Danilo it's all downhill.
Funny enough the lb didn't end up like this. Sandro just downgraded himself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
From another forum:

“How come City got away exchanging Danilo for Cancelo? one of the worst trades in history of football. It's like exchanging Aaron Ramsey for Kevin De Bruyne.
I suppose something related to wages, otherwise people responsible for that should be guillotined imo.”

Accurate I’d say.

- - - Updated - - -

People just say that to justify the irrational decisions of the board...sort of like a coping mechanism if you like. It’s undoubtedly a terrible swap.
It could be. I mean, when I saw Cancelo play in person the dude was obviously electric and talented. Maybe he wasn't amazing defensively, but not someone to throw away. I think some of our fans and Italian management are just more comfortable with players like MDS instead. It falls inline with the Allegri way of thinking. Safety before talent.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
People just say that to justify the irrational decisions of the board...sort of like a coping mechanism if you like. It’s undoubtedly a terrible swap.
Accurate you say, nonsense I say.

People love to shit on the board - for no reason even.

He was proper shit at defending, and probably still is when he has to.

And Danilo has been an absolute surprise here, managed to turn his career around and has been solid as a rock. Perhaps one of the most consistent players for a while.

it very much was a win win swap as many have pointed out before.

Jun 6, 2015
Oh I know we are going to keep him and keep being under par at that position.
Anyway my point is "being good" in a mediocre Juve doesn't actually mean being a good player overall.
The position is downgraded into oblivion and he is here to stay. Fun times ahead.
From Licht to Alves To Cancelo to Danilo it's all downhill.
Funny enough the lb didn't end up like this. Sandro just downgraded himself.
We're not under par in that position though. I get that people are in full meltdown mode at the moment but perhaps just calma a bit with making these flawed conclusions based on one game.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We're not under par in that position though. I get that people are in full meltdown mode at the moment but perhaps just calma a bit with making these flawed conclusions based on one game.
But I'm not making my assumptions based on one game though.
I guess most of Tuz got so used to mediocrity that even Danilo is now a good player.
Well I prefer to keep a high standard.
If you can't break in the other big teams lineup then you are certainly not fit to start for Juve.

Jun 6, 2015
But I'm not making my assumptions based on one game though.
I guess most of Tuz got so used to mediocrity that even Danilo is now a good player.
Well I prefer to keep a high standard.
If you can't break in the other big teams lineup then you are certainly not fit to start for Juve.
I prefer to rate Juve players based on their performances for Juve.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Accurate you say, nonsense I say.

People love to shit on the board - for no reason even.

He was proper shit at defending, and probably still is when he has to.

And Danilo has been an absolute surprise here, managed to turn his career around and has been solid as a rock. Perhaps one of the most consistent players for a while.

it very much was a win win swap as many have pointed out before.
Cancelo has evolved into a world class player at City able to play effectively on both sides.

The driving force for Milan on the left hand side is Theo Hernandez who has contributed to plenty of goals and assists. I would love to have someone like Theo at Juve.

Both these players are not 'great defenders'. They are genuine game changers who highlight the importance of having attacking fullbacks in the modern game.

Marcelo wasn't a great defender either but he was a world class attacking fullback. His superior attacking skillset outweighed his defensive shortcomings. Eventually he was able to sort his defensive game.

We just dint trust him enough or give him the patience he needs. We discarded him after one season. Tells all you need to know. Had he still been here, he would've been a key player for us.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The most overrated player on Tuz. He didn't improve at all after coming here, just that we defend deep and in numbers. His best attribute is his temperament, mediocre at everything else.
The balance of attack and defence would have been so much better had Cuadrado played right-back and another attacker upfront in his place. Imo should have been Dyabala-Bernadeschi sharing the 90 mins.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Cancelo has evolved into a world class player at City able to play effectively on both sides.

The driving force for Milan on the left hand side is Theo Hernandez who has contributed to plenty of goals and assists. I would love to have someone like Theo at Juve.

Both these players are not 'great defenders'. They are genuine game changers who highlight the importance of having attacking fullbacks in the modern game.

Marcelo wasn't a great defender either but he was a world class attacking fullback. His superior attacking skillset outweighed his defensive shortcomings. Eventually he was able to sort his defensive game.

We just dint trust him enough or give him the patience he needs. We discarded him after one season. Tells all you need to know. Had he still been here, he would've been a key player for us.
We just disagree on him here then.

Still not even a bit sad we shipped him out.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I disagree. Don't like it at all when players apologise to the fans after a loss. For example I have found it extra cringe when Maguire and co have continuously apologised to their fans and just kept performing the same mediocre way. Better to just keep quiet and to show the passion for the shirt on the pitch.
Once is good, and respected, too Maguire times it becomes cringe and annoying. I can't remember the last time any of our players apologised, brushing it off is easy. Maguire is a bad example. There's some stronger players who have apologised to fans, examples like mulller, salah, benzema. Let's not paint the picture red.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We just disagree on him here then.

Still not even a bit sad we shipped him out.
I'm not sad either but watching someone as untalented as De Sciglio bombing up and down the flanks does make me sad though.
Cuadrado is old and Chiesa will be coming back from an injury. We need to address our problem with wide players be it fullbacks or wingers.
Defending can be eventually taught but attacking ability is a skill that is inherited. You can't teach that.
I would love to have a fullback in the mould of Theo Hernandez for Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)