Capitano Danilo (7 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He was often exposed for us, at City they have so much possession so it looks like he can defend but he's not solid. Every team parks the bus against them so all you do see is him attacking which is what he shines at but wait until Liverpool play them, I expect City to lose that one badly.
Liverpool are amazing when on form. I see them as a better team as I rate efficiency over fancy.
I dont know if they will thrash City but they do have the ability to do so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Cancelo is the superior player between the two, and his defensive game has improved quite a bit since leaving us.

Watch some City games, ppl.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Cancelo did not show this level at Juve. Playing for Pep and in City's environment surely helped him develop in this way.

It would have been a different story here. At the same time Danilo was more lost at City.

It really was a winning move for all 4 parties. City got a star, Cancelo grew into the player he could be, Danilo became a leader, and we got a reliable player that's always doing what we need him to plus a 30m fee.

Chapin

Mar 2, 2022
Cancelo did not show this level at Juve. Playing for Pep and in City's environment surely helped him develop in this way.

It would have been a different story here. At the same time Danilo was more lost at City.

It really was a winning move for all 4 parties. City got a star, Cancelo grew into the player he could be, Danilo became a leader, and we got a reliable player that's always doing what we need him to plus a 30m fee.
Nah I’m not buying that, he was on fire in that first half of the season, and people will blame him for the Ajax first leg goal, but he also created our only goal that game lol

What better place to learn to defend than the most tactical organized club in the world managed by allegri?

losing Cancelo was definitely a loss

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Nah I’m not buying that, he was on fire in that first half of the season, and people will blame him for the Ajax first leg goal, but he also created our only goal that game lol

What better place to learn to defend than the most tactical organized club in the world managed by allegri?

losing Cancelo was definitely a loss
There is nothing to "buy". It is a fact that Cancelo has grown as a player and that he was not playing at this level for Juve. Same for Danilo respectively.

Chapin

Mar 2, 2022
There is nothing to "buy". It is a fact that Cancelo has grown as a player and that he was not playing at this level for Juve. Same for Danilo respectively.
It just sounds like an excuse

Danilo is good

But city definitely got the better deal

like I said, you can teach cancelo how to defend

but you cannot teach Danilo how to attack like cancelo, that’s something you are just born with

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Respect. :heart:

Danilo is the only one who's come out to apologise. Apology is about acknowledging you failed, it's about taking ownership about the situation. It's sharing the your regret and acknowledging the remorse us fans are feeling. Thank you Danilo.

Allegri and Cuadrado on the other hand just want to move on, "it's football". Yes! We know it's football but you failed, time to humble yourself, own up, soak it in and then pick move on. To just brush it off, is the reason why we really suck.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It just sounds like an excuse

Danilo is good

But city definitely got the better deal

like I said, you can teach cancelo how to defend

but you cannot teach Danilo how to attack like cancelo, that’s something you are just born with
We sold Cancelo because he couldn't defend, supposedly.

Not that it really matters to a club that lost 3-0 at home to 7th place La Liga side. :lol:

james95

Sep 2, 2018
From another forum:

“How come City got away exchanging Danilo for Cancelo? one of the worst trades in history of football. It's like exchanging Aaron Ramsey for Kevin De Bruyne.
I suppose something related to wages, otherwise people responsible for that should be guillotined imo.”

Accurate I’d say.

- - - Updated - - -

We sold Cancelo because he couldn't defend, supposedly.
People just say that to justify the irrational decisions of the board...sort of like a coping mechanism if you like. It’s undoubtedly a terrible swap.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011

Respect. :heart:

Danilo is the only one who's come out to apologise. Apology is about acknowledging you failed, it's about taking ownership about the situation. It's sharing the your regret and acknowledging the remorse us fans are feeling. Thank you Danilo.

Allegri and Cuadrado on the other hand just want to move on, "it's football". Yes! We know it's football but you failed, time to humble yourself, own up, soak it in and then pick move on. To just brush it off, is the reason why we really suck.
Danilo can fuck off too.
We don't need him to apologize. What do we get from his apology?

He fucked up big time, just like the rest of the team including Allegri

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Short memories all around.

Danilo has largely been a solid player since he joined.

But if you believe the swap was poor then don’t forget who quarterbacked that move

:fab3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)