Capello wants Messi (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Id take him over cassano any day.
Me too...Messi is definitely better than Cassano...both technique and attitude~~

More, he plays freely on field, sometimes as Forward, sometimes as Attacking Midfielder.....in my personal opinion, he plays like Maradona...!!

Good to see a player like this nowadays~~
Wish him all the best!!

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    yeah i knew it was only invented by the papers but i was a great idea for a thread :D

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
    Capello 'Encantado' By Messi
    Source Goal.com - 8/26/2005 8:06:00 PM

Barcelona starlet Lionel Messi has a new admirer, Juventus boss Fabio Capello.
    “I never saw a player the age of Messi play how he did at the Camp Nou. Personality, great touch, speed, dribbling, vision, everything in other words,” Capello said the day after winning the Gramper trophy on penalties.

“He’s a great player already. He has a great future ahead of him,” added the Juventus general.

After hearing Don Fabio’s words, Messi had this to say:

“I have to thank him, he’s one of the greatest coaches. But I really didn’t do anything special,” said the phenomenon.

Even if Messi plays down the show he put on against Juventus, for those who saw it, it was something special.

Upon his exit the entire Camp Nou crowd got up and chanted ‘Messiiii, Messsiiii, Messiiii.’

A great future awaits the Argentine teen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Messi had arguably the best U-21 tournament this past June since Maradona wore the sky blue for Argentina. If we are seriosuly interested in Messi I would be over the moon in happiness, because this kid will become one of the best in the world, no doubt in my mind.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by neved11 ] ++

Me too...Messi is definitely better than Cassano...both technique and attitude~~

More, he plays freely on field, sometimes as Forward, sometimes as Attacking Midfielder.....in my personal opinion, he plays like Maradona...!!

Good to see a player like this nowadays~~
    Wish him all the best!!
    Seeing how this kid raped our defence badly in the last game, I'm surprised that Messi played wonderfully well at such a tender age. I would yell his name hoarse even if I'm a Juve fan. Definitely sensational this kid is

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Messi Stays Cool

There's no doubt that the 40th Gamper Trophy will be remembered for the stunning performance of Leo Messi. The day after, though the young striker is the centre of attention, he's keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

He was the pleasantest surprise of a spectacular Gamper. Messi figured in the starting line-up and led the Juventus defence a merry dance, provoking three yellow cards, bringing a touch of creativity to the Barca attack, giving a goal assist, creating danger Leo Messi did all this at the age of 18 in his Nou Camp debut against no less than the Italian Serie A champions.

After an electric, top class performance, the Argentine was the centre of praise from just about everyone, including the managers of both teams. However, Messi attended a Nou Camp press conference on Thursday morning with the same calm, relaxed manner as always: "Last night I slept well, as always. I had a sandwich and a pizza for supper and then went to bed at one o'clock".

No problem with Barca B

In the same calm voice, he assured reporters that, "if I have to return to the Barca B side, I'll do so" but went on to admit, "It's really nice to play in front of nearly 100,000 people". The fact is that the entire stadium gave him a standing ovation when he was replaced just before the final whistle by Giuly.

At present, Messi is registered as a foreign player due to a number of bureaucratic problems and is therefore unable to play in official matches. He denied that this would cause any problems: "I've been told that I have to wait a few days and then it'll all be sorted out quickly". He also denied that he wanted to be loaned out this season. "It's not true. My family and I want to stay in Barcelona. I' not going anywhere on loan".

Team performance

Messi also spoke highly of last night's team performance: "We played well. Juve didn't create many chances and they only scored from two penalties. I don't know if they were or not".

Source: fcbarcelona.com

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)