Capello unveils new Juventus (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his club’s summer transfer plans and objectives for the new season.

The tactician confirmed that the outfit would be looking to buy quality players in the hope of mounting a serious Champions’ League challenge next term.

"We already have some clear ideas," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "Bringing back the European Cup to Turin is our principal objective for next season.

"We are looking for players who can make a 10 percent difference to the side rather than just two percent. Seeing as we are not starting from the bottom, this will be very difficult to do.

"I’ve asked the club for a rich squad even if we know that the money box is closed and we can’t violate the books. We’ll do our very best."

Juventus have been linked with Roma’s Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino of Parma, but their arrival would seemingly only occur if the club sold first.

One man who has been linked with a ‘sacrifice’ is Real Madrid target Emerson, even if Capello has rubbished that claim.

"He is not going to leave," added the former Roma boss. "He is one of the best midfield players in the world in my opinion, if not the best."

Capello led Juve to the title at his first attempt but he has been criticised this term over his continual substitution of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Alex’s conduct was extraordinary, as a captain and a professional," noted the Coach.

"I said that he would one day thank me and he returned to the champion he is in the closing stages of the season.

"He is an important player and I don’t enjoy substituting anyone. I just do my job, the one which I am paid for."

Juventus have undoubtedly been solid this season, rather than entertaining, and Capello expects that not to change in the 2005-06 campaign.

"Winning gets people talking and remains in the record books. Entertaining play is forgotten and only relative," he defended.

The master tactician concluded by commenting on Milan’s extraordinary collapse to Liverpool in the Champions’ League Final.

"I thought it would be all downhill for the Rossoneri after Paolo Maldini’s goal," he said. "The blackout in the second half was incredible, even if luck wasn’t on Milan’s side either."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I say FORZA CAPELLO!! :D I hope he can convince Moggi to open his wallet a little more :)

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
I don't think that we will sell Emo. he confirmed being one of the best players in his position. Anyway moggi has to spend some more money if we want the CL cup in Torino next year.

Aug 1, 2003
Argh, these people really like to toy with our minds.

I wont bother. I'll just check on the last day of transfer deadline. Only then will we know who the 'big signing(s)' is/are. :D

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
This is kind of strategic game. You have to follow the scheme from beggining to the end. Then you will know how beautiful is the game... :D:D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++

Capello led Juve to the title at his first attempt but he has been criticised this term over his continual substitution of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Alex’s conduct was extraordinary, as a captain and a professional," noted the Coach.

"I said that he would one day thank me and he returned to the champion he is in the closing stages of the season.

"He is an important player and I don’t enjoy substituting anyone. I just do my job, the one which I am paid for."

Juventus have undoubtedly been solid this season, rather than entertaining, and Capello expects that not to change in the 2005-06 campaign.

"Winning gets people talking and remains in the record books. Entertaining play is forgotten and only relative," he defended.
This is like telling all the media personale who are trying to build fire at Juve's camp especially between Capello and Alex, to go and just SHUT UP..

Both Alex and Capello respect each other. This is Juve's spirit. We dont have time for internal problems... Our time is so occupied with winning trophies. :D:D

Our squad needs reinforcement in the following areas:
1- Centre back
2- Offenssive/creative midfield
3- Right back

If we can obtain players that are good in these areas we will be a very strong team.
I don't think we should mess with the front. We have top class forwards:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: One of the best youngsters in the world, has great talent scored 16 goals in his first season with juve.. Has only two problems which I feel that by next season they will be much imporved:
1- Has to work more as team work.
2- Has to work on his finishing.
Alessandro Del Piero: Have been subsitute alot this season, never the less he showed great professionalism and great charecter. He is our captain. our second best striker this year. 14 goals. Best Penalty kick taker in the world. Has talent as hell.. Downside:
1- He has to work on his fittness more. At the end of the season his fitness was much better, so I am expecting it to be good next season.
2- Try to avoid injuries: although this is out of his hands..
David Trezeguet: One of the best finisher in the world. He sat away alot this season, managed to score 9 goals in very few appearances. Scored the goal against Milan.. enough said..
Marcello Zalayata: One of the best sub forwards in the world. This is a player that is willing to fire up whenever you need him to.
Adrian Mutu: although more of a Left wing, he can be used as an assistance striker. Great talent. Proved his worth with Parma and Cheivo.. So we know he is a Serie A material. Looking forward for him next season.

I think if Capello wants to play with two attackers, I'd go with Del Piero and Ibrahimvic. If Zlatan can improve his finishing, our forwards won't be stoppable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)