Capello To Quit In 2009 (1 Viewer)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Capello to quit in 2009 Thursday 12 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus Coach Fabio Capello has revealed that he will remain at Juventus until the end of next season and retire from the game in 2009.

In an interview in today’s Corriere dello Sport newspaper, the Juve tactician sought to put an end to the speculation surrounding his future, but will doubtless have set the rumour mill back in motion once again.

Capello confirmed that he fully intends to see out his contract, which expires next season, but left his options open for the following two years, after which he intends to call time on his coaching days once and for all.

"I have a contract and a project that ties me to Juve until 2007," he said, before quashing speculation that chief executive Antonio Giraudo will leave at the end of the season. "I don’t think Giraudo is going anywhere - he will stay."

Don Fabio then explained that he intends to keep working for another two years once his contract with the Bianconeri expires.

That statement will doubtless alert the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United, who are both known admirers of the successful Coach.

"Whatever happens I will quit in 2009," he continued. "The national team doesn’t interest me because I like to be a Coach that is constantly involved by the pitch-side. I wouldn’t mind coaching a World Cup team, though."

This time next year, then, expect a bidding war as offers flood in from Europe’s leading clubs for the talented 59-year-old.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who we should get after him?
I have 3 options in my mind:
1)Mourinho altough I don`t think he would leave Chelsea for us
2)Wegner
3)Prandelli

My favourite would be Mourinho altough I am quite sure he won`t come
what do you think?

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
Orgut said:
Who we should get after him?
I have 3 options in my mind:
1)Mourinho altough I don`t think he would leave Chelsea for us
2)Wegner
3)Prandelli

My favourite would be Mourinho altough I am quite sure he won`t come
what do you think?
Offer him enough money and he'll come. Everybody has a price

Boksic

May 11, 2005
have to admit its not surprising! hes apparently stated on many occassions that he would see out his contract and leave!i just always think teams whose manager has stated he will leave at the end of a season perform disasterously in the final season (eg Lippi when he left the 1st time)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Boksic said:
have to admit its not surprising! hes apparently stated on many occassions that he would see out his contract and leave!i just always think teams whose manager has stated he will leave at the end of a season perform disasterously in the final season (eg Lippi when he left the 1st time)
Get rid of him after this season then. Hated that season when lippi was leaving TWICE!! we were awful.

Jan 12, 2006
I don't want Mourinho in Juve. Everybody think that he's one of the best coaches of the world. But Mourinho has in his team fantastic players (Juve naturally too :) He's not the best person for Serie A. And Deschamps? What did you think about him?

I think, Capello will leave us after the next season and go to England :(

Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland. :]

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    mnementh said:
    Del Piero as player/trainer :D

Dont know if Del Boy would ever make a good coach as I dont think he has the ruthlessness to go with the job.Though I might be wrong I think Wenger or prandelli might be the right way to go.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
    I think he will see out his contract with juve but don't think that he will retire in 2009 --- football coaching is too tempting , will find new challenge

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Capello praises star trio
    By Nadia Carminati - Created on 12 Jan 2006

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his admiration for Real Betis star Joaquin and Bayern Munich midfielder Michael Ballack, fuelling speculation that they could be set for a move to Italy.

Capello paid tribute to the duo, but stopped short of saying that he would try to tempt the pair to Juve this month.

"Ballack is a really good player, he would be very useful to anybody. Joaquin is another very good player," he remarked.

However, Capello reserved his most glowing praise for Barcelona starlet Lionel Messi, after being dazzled by his skills in a pre-season friendly competition, although he did accept that the Argentine was not available.

"I would take Messi for sure. In August we played the Gamper Trophy in Barcelona and when I saw Messi play I couldn't believe it," he enthused.

"I shouted to (Frank) Rijkaard that maybe he should be loaned to us, and obviously it was a joke, but he was eager to stress that the answer was no.

"Messi is brilliant in everything he does. I have never seen an 18-year-old player like him."

NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE SAME INTERVIEW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)