Capello: This is the match point (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Fabio Capello admits a victory over Milan on Sunday night would effectively hand Juventus the Scudetto. “It’s the match point.”

“This can be the match point for us,” noted the Bianconeri boss who would go 13 points clear at the top of the table with nine games left to play.

“They will need to gamble everything they’ve got to get back into the running. But we are not focusing on that and will go into this encounter knowing full well that our opponents are a great side.”

Milan are the only team to have beaten the League leaders in Serie A this season, managing a 3-1 victory at the San Siro, and a repeat of that could well open up the title race.

“After that defeat I became even more convinced of Juve’s strength and knew we would go far. Today I cannot help but repeat those words. Apart from Gianluca Zambrotta’s injury and a few fitness worries for Mauro Camoranesi and Adrian Mutu, the side is in good condition and that’s proved by the fact we tend to step up a gear in the second half.”

Milan have often hinted that they are the most entertaining Italian side after their 4-1 dismantling of Bayern Munich midweek, while Juventus are the more effective in churning out results.

“I think that everyone considers their own play to be thrilling and I’m more than happy with a solid squad,” assured Capello. “On a psychological level, Juve and Milan are on a par, as we both qualified for the Champions League quarter-finals and that excitement swept away any feelings of tiredness.”

The Bianconeri’s European form has been raising some eyebrows of late, as they only squeezed past Werder Bremen on away goals thanks to a last-minute goalkeeping howler.

“We were unlucky throughout that tie and had our moment of good fortune at the right time. At this stage, all opponents are of excellent quality and I just hope we face Arsenal without too many injuries, as Pavel Nedved will already miss the first leg with a ban. It’ll be a high-profile match and the Gunners have many young players who have already conquered Real Madrid.”

With Zlatan Ibrahimovic disappointing again midweek, it’s possible Alessandro Del Piero will be given a starting spot alongside David Trezeguet.

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    i just hope capello will be man enough to play DP from the start & let Mutu do his thing.its gonna be a tough match cause technically milan's squad is much better, but on a physical point of view Juve coulkd out do them.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    I even don't want to think about opening up the title race.
    We are the only side capable of stoping them,and this is the right moment for it!

Forza Juve!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)