Capello shrugs off controversy (1 Viewer)

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Fabio Capello and Walter Mazzarri refused to put Juve’s defeat down to some controversial refereeing decisions.

“It was a strange game with essentially two own goals, as both took massive deflections,” said the Bianconeri boss after they lost 2-1 at Reggina. “We attacked and pushed for 90 minutes, but the ball wouldn’t go in. We accept the defeat and must move on, continuing to work hard.”

Juventus saw two goals disallowed and a clear penalty denied at the Stadio Granillo, but Capello was gracious in defeat.

“Unfortunately, when you concede goals like this it’s a clear sign that luck isn’t on your side. I always accept refereeing errors and only human, but that penalty was pretty clear for everyone to see. It was incredibly evident. Nonetheless, it’s a bit pointless to recriminate and complain now that the decision has been made.”

Whatever the result of tomorrow’s clash between Milan and Roma, Juventus will hold on to the leadership for this week, but the gap could be cut to just two points.

“I think tonight we proved once more than we are a great side,” insisted Capello, “as we played well, but those two strange goals gave us an undeserved defeat. Our compliments go to Reggina for taking full advantage.”

Walter Mazzarri was under real pressure going into this game, as the Amaranto were in penultimate place, so this victory was unexpected to say the least.

“I say that apart from today’s performance, we have been repaid for all the mistakes we made and the points we lost along the way this season,” said the Coach.

“It’s clear that a side like Reggina needs a lot of luck to beat Juventus, and we certainly had that this evening. We tried putting Juve under pressure early on, but their strength forced us to sit back a bit more. It was not a tactical choice. While we had all eleven men on the field, we did play well and had chances to increase our tally, so I could say it’s not a scandal we got the three points.”

Mazzarri also tried not to comment on the refereeing decisions that affected the 2-1 result.

“I have never commented on television replays before, even when they were errors against us, so I’m not going to start now. In all honesty, even if there was a mistake it is a drop in the ocean compared to the problems referees have caused us this season.”

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juventinho

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    am really having a hard time putting my threads in the right place !! i assumed that it will fit in team talk sorry once again!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well thats all you can do is shrug it off. There is no point dwelling over horrid match officiating, even though it was excessively bad. Just have to move on and look forward to the next match.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm actually glad to see that. Take the loss like men, for crying out loud. No whining about referees, please. That's what losers do.

The best thing Capello can do to shrug off the controversy is to help Juve to pummel Fiorentina on Wednesday. :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    I'm actually glad to see that. Take the loss like men, for crying out loud. No whining about referees, please. That's what losers do.

The best thing Capello can do to shrug off the controversy is to help Juve to pummel Fiorentina on Wednesday. :D
    '

usually i would agree but after my game today im sending an email to the league administrators (not that it will accomplish much)

the same bastard kid, kicked me in the balls (after i won the ball, on purpose), cleated me in the back (after i won the ball, on purpose), and started a fight with my friend that got him only a yellow, but my friend a red.

then after the game the prick decided not to shake our hands but instead he came over , flipped me off, and said "**** you". sadly his teams name was "Contra costa Juventus".

however i think it's quite good of capello to not blame the game on the ref as many others do (me :D )

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Don't get me wrong ... bad referees should be severely punished! But we should avoid looking for excuses for why we lost.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventinho ] ++
    am really having a hard time putting my threads in the right place !! i assumed that it will fit in team talk sorry once again!
    Aaah, we all went through that :)

So where are you from?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Don't get me wrong ... bad referees should be severely punished! But we should avoid looking for excuses for why we lost.
    as a ref myself i completely agree :D

im usually the player on my team that tells others to shut up and play

just today i was suffering horribly from some asshole kid that looked like a frog

Sep 14, 2003
    Don Fabio has probably seen it all before. He's a better man than me, I would've wanted blood - that of a certain linesman and ref.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    i like what you said, capello.

it is no point to complain after the match, at least from now on, no body can say that we alway get help from referee. every team has chance to lose point by referee's errors.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Its commendable the way Capello has shrugged off the defeat, despite the glaring errors for all to see. But this is the best and quickest way to recover from an unlucky defeat, and move on, hopefully to retain the lead on wednesday.

Well said Capello.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)