Capello rules out Roma (7 Viewers)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
well,we sucked last year so that we can shine this one....

and we will.
but still i am horrified for the season that's coming.
what IF smg happens and we suck again??

it's going to be very bad watching milan getting closer to the second start,instead of watching us getting closer to the 3rd....

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
well,we sucked last year so that we can shine this one....

and we will.
but still i am horrified for the season that's coming.
what IF smg happens and we suck again??

it's going to be very bad watching milan getting closer to the second start,instead of watching us getting closer to the 3rd....
nothing can happen. Remember we, have the best coach of all, will have the best def. midfielder in the world and all players will be top motivated because of Capello. I am sure, that we will come out big again!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
28th scudetto coming....why not cl too??

i can't wait the moment when i will be celebrating the 28th scudetto...

i want it soooooo badly! :fero:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
It would have style, to strike a hattrick now, and have the 3rd star in 2007, but I guess we should win the next season first.

to be honest, I want the CL more than Serie A. This trophy is the biggest thing you can win, and I want it in Turin.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
well,i want it too more,obviously.

but let's set for our new team a more realistic goal and pray milan gets the same as she got last year on cl!! :devil:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
that was funny. damn, the 4 - 0 of Depor was nearly as good as watching Juve against Real. The only team I really fear in the CL is real, because the bought defenders.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
that was funny. damn, the 4 - 0 of Depor was nearly as good as watching Juve against Real. The only team I really fear in the CL is real, because the bought defenders.
I fear Man U aswell, i remember they beat us 2 times in 1 CL season, 3-0 in turin, tht was so bad.......

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
That 3-0 was overrated! They were lucky, as all three goals were mistakes by Juventus players.
but I don't see ManU as a possible winner. Not strong enough. If an English side, it should be Chelsea or Arsenal!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Yea Most probably Chelsea, Arsenal are always really disapointing in europe and never play to thier full potential. Man U probaly wont win the CL however they always seem to cause us trouble and im sayin tht they may b the team tht knocks us out

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I wont rule us out just yet, but as the things current stands I just cant see us winning CL or Scudetto. Our star players are aging and with the exception of Nedved and Buffon, I reckon they will underperform once again. And we havent got the balance in the team: there is a glaring weakness at the back, and we lack genuine width down at the flanks. Furthermore, last year we were desperately lacking in depth (though insane series of injuries didnt help) and we didnt nothing to address this issue ATM. Capello is a terrific coach, but there is limit to what he can do. The team has to show hunger, desire, and willingness to work as a team, which were absent last year, and with all their success as players I doubt that they still have that extra bit of gas left in their heart.
My pick to be favorites in both competition is Milan: They have balance, depth, class and wooses with class at times: Had it not been for the freak result against Depor, I am certainly that they would have made a meal out of Porto or Monaco. I mean they have Stam, Nesta, Maldini in defence, Pirlo, Rino, Seedorf in midfield and Kaka, Sheva, Crespo in attack. And Dida, Abbiati arent too shabby for GK either. They will also have likes of Simic, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Dhorasoo, Tommasson, Inzaghi, Billy, Cafu, Rui et al at the bench. That is one hell of a team, and it will take some special effort to beat them for Serie A. While Real and Man U wil always be competitive, I am not keen on both sides. I would like to see how Zizou, Figo, Carlos, Beckham play next year, and they still need that midfield anchorman IMO. In another words, too much name and not enough substance to match those hype. Man U on the other hand lacks genuine talent to be considered as the favorites. Giggs, Scholes (He was never that good anyway), Keane are obviously declining players, and I wonder how Nisterlooy would motivate himself next year with his apparent feud with Fergueson.
My pick for outsider is Valencia: I think they have what it takes to win CL but their thin squad can get in the way.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
That 3-0 was overrated! They were lucky, as all three goals were mistakes by Juventus players.
but I don't see ManU as a possible winner. Not strong enough. If an English side, it should be Chelsea or Arsenal!
Every goal scored in this world is as a result of a mistake by an opponent.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Every goal scored in this world is as a result of a mistake by an opponent.
true, but did you see the match??? That weren't just mistakes, those goals depended on really stupid errors.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I wont rule us out just yet, but as the things current stands I just cant see us winning CL or Scudetto. Our star players are aging and with the exception of Nedved and Buffon, I reckon they will underperform once again. And we havent got the balance in the team: there is a glaring weakness at the back, and we lack genuine width down at the flanks. Furthermore, last year we were desperately lacking in depth (though insane series of injuries didnt help) and we didnt nothing to address this issue ATM. Capello is a terrific coach, but there is limit to what he can do. The team has to show hunger, desire, and willingness to work as a team, which were absent last year, and with all their success as players I doubt that they still have that extra bit of gas left in their heart.
True, with the current squad we won't break any records in CL, but with some new players for the back (one CB), Jankulovski and Oddo for the flanks, Emerson for the midfield and who knows, maybe a genius like Mutu for our offence, we would have a balanced team and a squad with a lot of depth.

As Lili said: If we can get the players we need, we won't have to fear anybody!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Jeez, I reckon Capello is a bit of a traitor to Roma......dont u guys reckon? ;) But thats why us Juve fans should like him......:D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

True, with the current squad we won't break any records in CL, but with some new players for the back (one CB), Jankulovski and Oddo for the flanks, Emerson for the midfield and who knows, maybe a genius like Mutu for our offence, we would have a balanced team and a squad with a lot of depth.

As Lili said: If we can get the players we need, we won't have to fear anybody!
well,i didn't say THAT!!!!
but i guess,for us to be strong ENOUGH,we need to get some good enough players for the positions we need,we will be the strongest again!!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
A_Lacki,

I agree that with some signings we can be a competitive team once again. But it took a long time to build current Milan squad, and I have to admit they look awesome in every department in the field. Even with supposed signings we look second best in almost every area. However, there is no doubt soccer is a team-game and ability to harness individual is key to team success. Milan has that team element, Roma also had it to certain degree, and Juve almost always have it. Its upto Capello to create team spirit and winning mentality, and there is no one better than Don Fabio in this respect. The problem is that the gap between Milan and us were so great, and that we are a team in decline. I reckon it may take couple of years before we begin to win things again hence what I would like to see is that managmenet's willingness to try out youngstars who are hungry and capable to taking us step futher in the future. This also requires giving up on past stars, which we havent done in this summer. I would like to see Kapo, Chellini, Blasi, Maresca, Miccoli, not loaned out and given opportunities to succeed. Not all these players are going to successful IMO, but at least couple of them can establish as bonified stars in the future.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
yea i agree with what your saying i would definately like to see the young guns being given thier first team opportunity, but the bad thing is by experiamenting with these unestablished players we may actually harm our own team, i think we r just coming out of a hiccup and the important thing now is that we stabalise the team in order to move on and get over this, i think we are more than capable of winning the CL this year, look at Porto, look at Greece, its all about team spirit, however i think tht we will not win the league, leagues r more about the overall quality of the squad and there r rarely ever suprise winners in leagues as there r in knockout competitions because in KO comps there is more at stake in everygame and that is where the team spirit will kick in whereas this will not happen in every league game. As for a few years untill we win things again i disagree, a year at the most maybe even less, our most realistic prospects this season r the italian cup and the CL, IMO. i know this sounds strange!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)