Capello rules out Roma (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
here is an article from Channel4!

Capello rules out Roma Sunday 18 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has ruled out former club Roma as a realistic Scudetto contender.

"There will be three clubs in the title race, the two Milanese sides and ourselves," stated the tactician.

"Milan have strengthened an already strong side but they do have some weak points. That is where we must attack them."

Capello already feels that Roma are out of the running, so what if Antonio Cassano leaves for Real Madrid?

"That would be a great loss for the capital side but it would enrich Cassano and therefore Italian football," he noted.

Turning to his present club, the tactician was confident about the season ahead despite a minimal number of signings so far.

"We have our plans but we are certainly not going to make them public," said the tactician. "We know who we want and how we want them. I have great faith in the club.

"Anyway, our first signing was David Trezeguet. When looking for players it is sometimes wiser to look at what you have already got.

"Buying players for the sake of buying is useless because a new signing needs to make a difference to the side."

Another individual that Capello seems to be building his new Juve side on is Fabrizio Miccoli.

"He is a real talent," added the former Real Madrid boss. "I want him to perform how he did at Perugia two years ago because that is the Miccoli I remember."

Capello was again asked about Alex Del Piero who resumed training on Friday after Euro 2004 duty.

"Del Piero is not even 30. He still has plenty to give to the world of Italian football. Differences between Totti and Del Piero? I won’t get into this. They are simply two great players."

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
"Anyway, our first signing was David Trezeguet. When looking for players it is sometimes wiser to look at what you have already got.

"Buying players for the sake of buying is useless because a new signing needs to make a difference to the side."
Smart words, though I may not agree that Trez might not have been the best 'signing'
Another individual that Capello seems to be building his new Juve side on is Fabrizio Miccoli.

"He is a real talent," added the former Real Madrid boss. "I want him to perform how he did at Perugia two years ago because that is the Miccoli I remember."
:thumb::cool:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Really interesting article:

Capello relying on Miccoli and Del Piero.

+ You can make out of the text that all (or at least most) of our transfer targets so far could've been false.

Strong article!

OP
simpson-juvefan
Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    i also think good that Cap has faith in Miccoli and Del Piero, i hope the same goes for Maresca and other young guys!!

what do you mean dominic? that we are looking for other players that we were linked (or said to be linked)?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Yeah, I meant we're buying players we haven't been linked with:

Turning to his present club, the tactician was confident about the season ahead despite a minimal number of signings so far.

"We have our plans but we are certainly not going to make them public," said the tactician. "We know who we want and how we want them. I have great faith in the club.

Feb 29, 2004
    i also think good that Cap has faith in Miccoli and Del Piero, i hope the same goes for Maresca and other young guys!!

what do you mean dominic? that we are looking for other players that we were linked (or said to be linked)?
    Maresca? I herad he will leave Juve...
    I hope that is not true.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    IMO, this wasnt nice or classy by Capello. IMO you should always treat your former club with respect and wish them the best.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    He does treat them with respect, because he didn't say anything negative against Roma. He just said, that Milan, Inter and Juve are favourites, and this ís something most will agree with.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
    But for me Roma is more dangerous than Inter!

Roma has now probably the best defence and their offense with Totti, Cassano and Montella is still very strong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)