Capello plays waiting game (2 Viewers)

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
From Channel4:

Fabio Capello insists that it may be some time before he has any clear idea about the look of the new Juventus.

The Bianconeri have been in training since Saturday but the tactician is still without his international players or future signings.

"I have a lot of ideas but they are all in my head for now, as I still haven’t got the whole squad at my disposal to try things out," he stated.

"I’m waiting for a few new faces and the players who were on international duty during the summer.

"This squad is already competitive but why shouldn’t we try to make it even stronger?"

Juventus are in negotiations for Emerson of Roma, Lazio’s Massimo Oddo and Marek Jankulovski of Udinese.

But Capello feels that the side’s most important signing is the decision to extend David Trezeguet’s contract.

"Ever since I got here I’ve had an impact on what we are doing on the market. Take Trezeguet for example, I really wanted him to stay and he’ll be our centre forward," he added.

The former Roma boss was also asked whether Juventus could play with a three-man defence next season.

"It is too soon to tell," he explained. "At the minute all I will say is that Lilian Thuram will play in the centre."

Who will be Juve’s main rivals? "Milan will still be the team to beat," he noted. "Inter are making some interesting signings but they will change their system. We’ll see what happens."

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by reneu ] ++
"I’m waiting for a few new faces and the players who were on international duty during the summer.
Fantastic.
++ [ originally posted by reneu ] ++
The former Roma boss was also asked whether Juventus could play with a three-man defence next season.

"It is too soon to tell," he explained. "At the minute all I will say is that Lilian Thuram will play in the centre."
Very interesting

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, and that should mean that Zambrotta should play in midfield :extatic: because Cap's not stupid enough to play Zamby in a 3-man back line, and if Thuram plays in the center we don't have a 'good' right-back, so it sounds like Oddo's definitely coming, and hopefully a new LB

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If we're playing with 3 central backs, it probably means we'll get at least one more, cb. If we get Oddo we'll probably play a 4 man defence.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hopefully the defenders should be coming shortly, I mean if we're playing with a 3-man D, ideally Thuram should be the only one remaining in that back-line.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Hopefully the defenders should be coming shortly, I mean if we're playing with a 3-man D, ideally Thuram should be the only one remaining in that back-line.
Yeah, that could be Cannavaro-Thuram-Bonera

But personally I think it's going to be Jankulovski-Thuram-Leggrotaglie-Oddo/Bonera

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
early days still. Moggi normally makes many signings at the start and end of the transfer period. hence, zebina, emerson, kapo and chiellini at the start then he'll run dry for a while and then probably sign some surprises late in the month.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Yeah, that could be Cannavaro-Thuram-Bonera
But personally I think it's going to be Jankulovski-Thuram-Leggrotaglie-Oddo/Bonera
Is that from Buffon's point of view?

Jul 28, 2002
for **** sake why doesnt cap jus sign the guy he was despewrate to land at roma....mexes, he will sovle the problems and can polay in both a three mand and a flat four.....idiots, roma cant sign mexes yet, why not sweep in...he is a bargain at 3.5million wake up u lazy gits!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah...as if anyone needs to have the 'entire team at his disposal' and 'try things out' to know mexes would make a helluva addition.:groan:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Either Moggi is telling lies or Capello doesn't want to play a three man defence because Oddo, Zambrotta and Jankulovski are attacking full backs, and there's only space for two of those in a 3-4-1-2 system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)