Capello on Buffon (2 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Stephan said:
Buffon: "Voglio chiudere la carriera alla Juventus"

Il portiere bianconero allontana le voci di addio: "Pronto a rinnovare oltre il 2010".

Sono giorni non facili per Gigi Buffon, il portiere fenomeno che ha blindato in questi anni la porta della Juventus. Per la prima volta in una carriera che non ha mai conosciuto battute d'arresto, il 28enne di Carrara si trova messo in discussione, e non sicuro del posto in squadra. Certamente gli infortuni a spalla ed alluce hanno avuto il loro peso nel costruire quest'atmosfera di insicurezza, ma anche tutto il gossip sulla sua vita privata non ha giovato alla causa.

Le parole sferzanti di Fabio Capello - "potenzialmente è titolare, ora deve dimostrarlo sul campo, non solo sulle pagine dei rotocalchi" - , unitamente all'alto rendimento di un sempre più sicuro Abbiati e ad alcune frasi dello stesso Buffon, hanno alimentato il tam tam classico di un possibile addio a fine stagione, magari per approdare a quel Real che lo insegue da una vita.

A smentire dal lato della società già ci aveva pensato Moggi, ora, per parte sua, provvede anche il portierone, in un'intervista rilasciata a TuttoSport: "Voglio chiudere la carriera in bianconero. Sono disposto a rinnovare il mio contratto anche oltre il 2010". Intanto domani, contro la Reggina, il ritorno tra i pali pare ormai certo.

(TuttoSport)

------------------------------------------------------------

Briefly:

Buffon:"I Want to end my career in Juve. I am arranged to renew my contract also beyond 2010"

forza Gigi, he will surly stay.. he is the best, we did not pay so much money to sell him later..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Capello gives gloves to Buffon Saturday 14 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon will make his first Serie A appearance of the season against Reggina, announced Fabio Capello.

“Gigi will play from the start,” assured the Juventus Coach during today’s Press Conference. “I saw him working well in training and he seems to be back on track. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t return.”

The Italian No 1 underwent shoulder surgery following an accidental clash with Kaka in the August Trofeo Berlusconi match and has made only a couple of Coppa Italia appearances this term, blaming a toe problem and confidence issues for his delayed comeback.

However, his performance in the 4-1 Coppa win over Fiorentina midweek has seemingly convinced Capello that it is time to plunge him back into Serie A football.

“I have already spoken to Buffon and will discuss the situation with Christian Abbiati this evening,” added the Coach. “Christian has done great things for us and I hope he’ll continue with that form. From now on, there will be room for everyone.”

Abbiati, drafted in on loan from Milan as an 'apology’ for the Buffon incident, has impressed in goal and could challenge the ex-Parma star for a place between the sticks.

Juventus welcome Reggina on Sunday afternoon without the injured Jonathan Zebina, Alessandro Birindelli, Giorgio Chiellini and Robert Kovac, while Alessandro Del Piero is pushing for a starting spot after his historic hat-trick against Fiorentina.

“It will be great for Del Piero to celebrate becoming Juve’s all-time top scorer in front of the home fans. The important thing for a Coach is to make his decisions and it’s a great luxury to have all his strikers on such good form.”

The Bianconeri are expected to notch up their 17th win in 19 games when they take on little Reggina, who in turn have earned just three points on their travels this season.

“They are a tough side who are out of the relegation zone and can hurt us on the counter-attack,” warned Capello. “We will try to face every opponent with the same grit and determination.”

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
no man plz buffon i realy didnt see that comming
i realy love that guy but if thats true then i think its better if we replace him with abbiati :p

Jul 12, 2002
Stephan said:
Capello gives gloves to Buffon Saturday 14 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon will make his first Serie A appearance of the season against Reggina, announced Fabio Capello.

“Gigi will play from the start,” assured the Juventus Coach during today’s Press Conference. “I saw him working well in training and he seems to be back on track. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t return.”

The Italian No 1 underwent shoulder surgery following an accidental clash with Kaka in the August Trofeo Berlusconi match and has made only a couple of Coppa Italia appearances this term, blaming a toe problem and confidence issues for his delayed comeback.

However, his performance in the 4-1 Coppa win over Fiorentina midweek has seemingly convinced Capello that it is time to plunge him back into Serie A football.

“I have already spoken to Buffon and will discuss the situation with Christian Abbiati this evening,” added the Coach. “Christian has done great things for us and I hope he’ll continue with that form. From now on, there will be room for everyone.”

Abbiati, drafted in on loan from Milan as an ‘apology’ for the Buffon incident, has impressed in goal and could challenge the ex-Parma star for a place between the sticks.

Juventus welcome Reggina on Sunday afternoon without the injured Jonathan Zebina, Alessandro Birindelli, Giorgio Chiellini and Robert Kovac, while Alessandro Del Piero is pushing for a starting spot after his historic hat-trick against Fiorentina.

“It will be great for Del Piero to celebrate becoming Juve’s all-time top scorer in front of the home fans. The important thing for a Coach is to make his decisions and it’s a great luxury to have all his strikers on such good form.”

The Bianconeri are expected to notch up their 17th win in 19 games when they take on little Reggina, who in turn have earned just three points on their travels this season.

“They are a tough side who are out of the relegation zone and can hurt us on the counter-attack,” warned Capello. “We will try to face every opponent with the same grit and determination.”

And everybody always laughed me off when I said that Abbiati is as good as Buffon.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Ian said:
And everybody always laughed me off when I said that Abbiati is as good as Buffon.
Buffon is the best Keeper in the world,no doubt he is out of form now.I didn't forgot all those saves that gave us all those victories..

BUT,I said that about Abbiati too a few months ago,if someone offers us a crazy amount for Buffon,hmm like chelsea or any other team like 50MIL,I wouldn't think about it and sell him,and keep Abbiati.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Ian said:
Not that I wholly agree, but I for one have never believed all that hype that Buffon is the best in the world. :smile:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I do believe Buffon was best in the world, and it wasn't Hype...

Also his first year with Juve was fantastic. Buffon's strenght is in his positioning so he's not the typical goalkeeper to make plenty of fantastic saves, u don't need to when u have good positioning.

Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:
I do believe Buffon was best in the world, and it wasn't Hype...

Also his first year with Juve was fantastic. Buffon's strenght is in his positioning so he's not the typical goalkeeper to make plenty of fantastic saves, u don't need to when u have good positioning.
Do you watch football? Buffon is the typical goalkeeper to make acrobatic saves. He's greatest deficiency is his positioning, IMO.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Yes I do watch football, and I can tell you that Buffon is not categorized for his great acrobatic saves, there are more goalkeepers that have better acrobatic skills. If you see many other keepers like Frey, De Sanctis and Casillas. And many of the english keepers also.

And yes Buffon made many acrobatic saves during his Parma days, but his strenght has always been positioning. And that is why he is still doing great at Juve, he gets into correct positions and thus is moslty able to make great saves despite not bieng tested for the whole game.

I've heard this many times from coaches' testimonials back when he was still showing his stuff.
I think perhaps you see it as his defiency because Buffon of the last season hasn't been at his best.

Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:
Yes I do watch football, and I can tell you that Buffon is not categorized for his great acrobatic saves, there are more goalkeepers that have better acrobatic skills. If you see many other keepers like Frey, De Sanctis and Casillas. And many of the english keepers also.

And yes Buffon made many acrobatic saves during his Parma days, but his strenght has always been positioning. And that is why he is still doing great at Juve, he gets into correct positions and thus is moslty able to make great saves despite not bieng tested for the whole game.

I've heard this many times from coaches' testimonials back when he was still showing his stuff.
I think perhaps you see it as his defiency because Buffon of the last season hasn't been at his best.
I see it as his deficiency because he doesn't do it right. He overcompensates to the short post, and loses his way when the ball is close to the middle of the field. Whatever, Buffon is an excellent keeper and we're lucky to have him. He's not the best in the world now, nor was he ever, but hopefully he'll be regarded as the best when you look back at his whole career with Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)