Capello not playing fair (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Capello Announces Juve To Go Against Fair-Play Rules!
12/4/2004 2:40:00 PM
Juventus coach Fabio Capello shockingly announced the Bianconeri will not kick the ball out of play when an adversary is on the ground.
“Starting tomorrow against Lazio, the Juventus players will not kick-the ball out of play when an opposition player is on the ground. I think there is a new excess in Italian football. We have now passed from the tactical foul to the fainting foul,” he said.

“The adversary now knows, so they can’t call us unfair. We took this decision together with our management, and is not born out of a single episode, but a series of them,” he added.

Juventus, who currently lead the Serie A table, face struggling Lazio on Sunday afternoon.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
    cappelo the moron is hurtinh Juve's reputation. :fero:
    Oh c'mon, Capello is right.

Sometimes in Seria you have to do this.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i think he is right, alot of players just throw themselves on the ground just to slow down an attack. that herts a team sometimes.

just remember rivaldo in the world cup, the game is filled with fakers nowadays, and we can't just let those fakers stop our attacks.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
    i think he is right, alot of players just throw themselves on the ground just to slow down an attack. that herts a team sometimes.

just remember rivaldo in the world cup, the game is filled with fakers nowadays, and we can't just let those fakers stop our attacks.
    True

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    Capello is 100% right , cause it's a growing thing these days in serie A & Juve can't bear it anymore !!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    After that Udinese-Brescia match in week 4, someone should have spoken out more loudly about this back then.

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    After that Udinese-Brescia match in week 4, someone should have spoken out more loudly about this back then.
    Oh, I'm sure that would've happened if it had been us and not Brescia that had benefitted, or am I being paranoid? :irritate:

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    capello is right ,,,, but these things affects juve reputation ... especially after the dopping thing ,, bad timing capello ,, wait till christmas break then declare ur desires

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Come on. Capello could have been silent about this as well. I'm glad he said what they're going to do instead of keeping his mouth shut but still do it.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Capello: No more nice guys
    Saturday 4 December, 2004

Fabio Capello has started a debate on whether the ball should be put out of play when an opponent is down injured, claiming it’s a right that is often abused.

“As of the game with Lazio,” said the experienced Coach, “Juve’s players will not put the ball out of play for an injury. It’s just getting ridiculous now and people are fainting to stop counter-attacks.”

In Italy there is an unwritten rule that play should be stopped every time an opponent is on the ground in need of treatment, but players and tacticians alike are increasingly frustrated with how strictly that rule is applied.

“We also spoke to the directors about this,” continued Capello, “and the decision was not sparked by a single incident, but rather by a general trend. I say this now to warn our future opponents.”

The statements have immediately caused controversy and started a debate around Serie A, with several clubs sharing his sentiments.

“I think it all depends on the situation,” said Roma Coach Gigi Del Neri. “I am convinced that when you’re on the field you know when an injury is serious. They should only stop play when there is a clash of heads, not for a tackle. We’ve all been conned a few too many times.”

Palermo boss Francesco Guidolin also came to Capello’s aid on this contentious issue. “We’ve had enough of this fake fair play. It is up to the referee to halt play when the situation requires it. Of course, everything would be simpler if players just agreed not to trick each other and signed a code of conduct.”

Bologna's Carlo Mazzone added, "Well done Capello! I've always said the same thing off the record, as staying down has now become a tactic."

channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)