Capello is blasted........AGAIN!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Stupid tactics? These tactics are much better than Lippi's inane tactics last term. At least we don't give up that many goals.
yeah right, i bet you don't know who's lippi..you just heard his name and your trying to say something...if he had One stupid season and finishing 3RD doesn't mean he had bad tactics, check the players we have now and compare them to the players we had....try harder andy;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you saw how well nedved played with the czech republic in the left winger possittion
Its not happening now, though

Nedved needs a free role....does anyone else here miss Pavel running up the middle of the field with the ball and unleashing a piledriver into the net ??!!

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Nedved needs a free role....does anyone else here miss Pavel running up the middle of the field with the ball and unleashing a piledriver into the net ??!!

not me. thats synonym to our campaign last year

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I do miss that!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, our defenders were not quality last year, but Lippi's tactics did help either. With that system he used last term it left the defense exposed to counterattacks, and we paid for it. Sure if we would have used this 4-4-2 system last year our defensive record would not be as good as it is now, obviously, but we would not have let in so many goals. We actually should have used this system last season because our defenders sucked so much, while now we have better players in defense so the 4-3-1-2 would work out better this time around. But believe me, last year it was not all Montero's fault, the midfield sucked and Lippi's tactics sucked.
How can you possibly excuse the defence we had last season and blame it on Lippi? Yes Lippi can be insane sometimes when ti comes to his tactics like Leggro playing a a midfileder against Depor but noone can work miracles with horror shows like Iuliano, Montero , Leggro and Ferrara to a smaller extent. His midfielders also let him down that he had to rely on Conte of all people. Capello now has Emerson, Cannavaro with Blasi playing very well defensively cos thats what they are very good at and a more consistent Camoranesi but he was never as anaemic as Capello is

At no time I have been so ashamed of a Juve performance as i was with what we did against Milan.

Lippi had to contend with not one single quality midfielder with Moggi playing games with Davids, Camo beiung so inconsistent, Dp and Trez always missing thru injury, Miccolli injuring himself but ultimately disappointing, Dv missing the target way too many times but at least we try to attack and by this time last season we were hailed as having our best attack in years until it went pear shaped.

The only times Capello has had to deal with what Lippi dealt with last season we shipped 5 goals against a poor Atalanta and Montero miskicked to make us lose 2 points against Parma

Nothing to do with tactics just players like i will always point out

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
How can you possibly excuse the defence we had last season and blame it on Lippi? Yes Lippi can be insane sometimes when ti comes to his tactics like Leggro playing a a midfileder against Depor but noone can work miracles with horror shows like Iuliano, Montero , Leggro and Ferrara to a smaller extent. His midfielders also let him down that he had to rely on Conte of all people. Capello now has Emerson, Cannavaro with Blasi playing very well defensively cos thats what they are very good at and a more consistent Camoranesi but he was never as anaemic as Capello is

At no time I have been so ashamed of a Juve performance as i was with what we did against Milan.

Lippi had to contend with not one single quality midfielder with Moggi playing games with Davids, Camo beiung so inconsistent, Dp and Trez always missing thru injury, Miccolli injuring himself but ultimately disappointing, Dv missing the target way too many times but at least we try to attack and by this time last season we were hailed as having our best attack in years until it went pear shaped.

The only times Capello has had to deal with what Lippi dealt with last season we shipped 5 goals against a poor Atalanta and Montero miskicked to make us lose 2 points against Parma

Nothing to do with tactics just players like i will always point out
denco, I did not blame Lippi for all of the defensive mishaps that occured last season. The players we had were hardly Juve quality and we suffere for that. However if you have a weak defense you need to do your best to secure it, and Lippi did not do that. Sure the players we had were etrocious of course but Lippi needed to somehow change the system to accomodate what we had. He needed to protect the defense from rushing counter-attacks but he did not do it. The players do not take all the blame for that.

This system we use now would have been better for last season. Not sure why Capello is so set on this system we are using now because it's hardly effective in attack. At least the defense is somewhat secured and thats what we have to rely on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

yeah right, i bet you don't know who's lippi..you just heard his name and your trying to say something...if he had One stupid season and finishing 3RD doesn't mean he had bad tactics, check the players we have now and compare them to the players we had....try harder andy;)
Okay, check the players......basically the same players as the season before. If you call playing attacking football with a horrible defense good tactics than so be it.

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29

Okay, check the players......basically the same players as the season before. If you call playing attacking football with a horrible defense good tactics than so be it.
    We would have become another Real Madrid, who suffered a humiliating defeat again :D:D

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    Capello expected Spanish switch Thursday 20 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has admitted his surprise at being called to boss Juventus this season, stating that he expected to end up in Spain.

His departure from Roma in the summer shocked fans but also represented an unforeseen move for the man himself.

"I never thought the Old Lady would call me," stated the former Juventus player. "To be honest, I thought I’d go to a Spanish club."

Capello’s decision to leave one of the Giallorossi’s biggest rivals didn’t go down well in Rome, but he dismisses the idea that he fled the capital.

"It wasn’t a matter of running away. I’ve remained on good terms with the Sensi family," he added.

"But there was something at Roma which stuck in my throat. In a Milan away tie last season, the fans displayed banners asking me to resign. I didn’t think I deserved it."

The Coach, who has achieved major success with Real Madrid as well as Milan and Roma, now hopes to win more trophies in Turin.

"I’ve won everywhere and I’m counting on doing the same at Juventus," he continued.

"People who win a lot of things are always despised, but that goes with the territory."

source: channel4.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I think its a bit harsh. But coaches and players have their own ways of winnning matches, sorry for montella for being on the bench so often with capello in charge, but capello did make a good free flowing football team in AS Roma last year.

As for Lippi, I think he was just too long at helm of Juventus. When ur with the same players for so long it starts to become personal and I believe it distorted a bit of Lippi stratigical thinking and player judgement abilities, hence, Juventus last season. But Lippi is a great coach for Juventus nonetheless, he has won alot and that will never be taken away from him.

But that's y no matter how good anybody is, change is always required, that's y Capello's so successful, he has accepted change n thus enhance his tactical and player judgements. Ofcourse he brings some players (like panucci) of his preference, but nobody's perfect. :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    All you guys were disgusted when Lippi showed a little bit of favouritism towards Del Piero last year, well, where are you ****ing assholes now to complain about Capello, who pretty clearly shows A LOT of favouritism towards Zlatan?

Having said that, the person Capello disgusts me and I'm pretty ashamed of the fact that he's the coach of Juventus. He hasn't treated Roma nor Totti nor Cassano nor Montella right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Seven, stop being biased. The difference between the two is that Miccoli was playing better than Del Piero last year, however this year Zlatan has clearly been the better player out of the two. Zlatan deserves to start, and DP doesnt. Wake up.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Seven, stop being biased. The difference between the two is that Miccoli was playing better than Del Piero last year, however this year Zlatan has clearly been the better player out of the two. Zlatan deserves to start, and DP doesnt. Wake up.
    Oh please, Miccoli has never been great for Juventus. Why on earth would you even say that? Miccoli was just one of those mediocre players who failed to live up to the expectations of a world class team.

Oh, DP doesn't deserve to start? What exactly has he done wrong in the little playtime that he got? Yeah, sure, he has scored less than Zlatan. Guess what, he also played less. And what about the rotation system Capello was going to use? There is no freakin rotation! Capello just isn't being fair.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    And btw, I might be biased FOR Del Piero, but you're definitely biased AGAINST him. No matter what you say, we're both biased.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Dude, why do you always try to put words in my posts? I never said Miccoli was great for Juve, I said he was better than Del Piero last year and deserved to play more.

And yes, Del Piero does not deserve to start in front of Zlatan. We have been over this time after time after...

And no, I am not against Del Piero. If he would actually do something to displace Zlatan out of the starting 11, I would want him to start. You, on the other hand, want Del Piero to start no matter what. Thats a rather telling statement about you Seven.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Dude, why do you always try to put words in my posts? I never said Miccoli was great for Juve, I said he was better than Del Piero last year and deserved to play more.

And yes, Del Piero does not deserve to start in front of Zlatan. We have been over this time after time after...

And no, I am not against Del Piero. If he would actually do something to displace Zlatan out of the starting 11, I would want him to start. You, on the other hand, want Del Piero to start no matter what. Thats a rather telling statement about you Seven.
    Wait, let me act like you. You're a moron, Andy. That's a rather telling statement about you Andy. You can't ****ing state something and then say it's a telling statement. Come on, what the **** is that, Andy? You can do better than that.

How on earth can Del Piero do something to displace Zlatan out of the starting 11 if he doesn't even get to play??? I don't want Del Piero to start no matter what, but I think that ATM it would be better for Juventus to let Del Piero start. Not because things aren't going well, but because we have to be prepared for the rest of the season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    and this isn't even about politics..............
    Hey, it's about a rhetorics lesson for Andy. If that's how it's spelled, I'm not that good in English. Anyway, you should learn to talk and write, Andy. Instead of just making those ridiculous sentences.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Lecture me on rhetoric? Bahahahahaaaaa

Seven, I find this rather funny because you are not even making an arguement. Its an expression used here in this country, so maybe I should not have used it because of your ignorance. Call back and try again when you have an arguement about anything instead of this nonsense. You would be much more efficient helping out the children in Africa than posting on this forum. Consider that a complement. :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)