Capello eyes summer targets (2 Viewers)

OP

Tacchinardi79

Mar 4, 2005
  • Thread Starter #122
    Pavel Nedved has revealed that Juventus have offered him a new two-year contract.

The 32-year-old had been considering quitting the club next year when his current deal expires.

However, Nedved has now admitted he could be persuaded to sign for two more years.

"I want to think about many things there because Juventus have offered me a two-year contract extension which is a long time," he told Pravo.

"I will honestly consider it because I have no injuries and I'm able to play for some years. But anything can happen in one month. I really don't want to hurry something."

Nedved is also being linked with a possible return to the international fold.

"No comment," he said. "I still haven't talked with coach Karel Bruckner about it. There is no change."

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Liverpool are reported to have joined the long list of clubs chasing Benfica's highly-rated full back Miguel.

The Portugal international right back is rated in the £4-5 million bracket and has been linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Internazionale, Juventus, CSKA Moscow and Newcastle in the past.

Indeed, Newcastle's interest last summer seemed particularly concrete, but The Magpies failed to concur on a deal for the 25-year-old whom recently-crowned Portuguese champions Benfica are still loathe to lose.

Benitez is believed to view the pacey defender as an excellent addition to his UEFA Champions League winning squad, but is sure to face fierce competition if he does firm up his interest.

The player's agent Jean Musampa confirmed to skysports.com a fortnight ago that he was aware of interest from a host of Europe's top clubs, but it does seem the full back could finally be prised from Estadio da Luz this summer.

Meanwhile, The Reds have also been linked with a move for Real Madrid midfielder Juanfran.

The 20-year-old winger has long been highly regarded at the Santiago Bernabeu, but has failed to make the breakthrough to Real's first team.

Benitez is well aware of the youngster's talents and is ready to offer him the chance to prove himself after losing patience with Juanfran's former team-mate Antonio Nunez.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    If a team has 30 same players there will be problems between them.The subs must be a little worse than the first 11 IMO
    As I said aproximate,not at the same level but aproximate.
    And our sub for Canna is kovac or Montero..not even comparable.

OP

Tacchinardi79

Mar 4, 2005
  • Thread Starter #126
    Juventus are due to meet up with Roma next week, with Antonio Cassano's future likely to be high on the agenda.
    Cassano has still to sign a contract extension in the Italian capital and the delay has fuelled talk he will be sold in the summer.

The temperamental attacker has 12 months remaining on his present deal but Roma will not countenance losing Cassano for nothing.

To that end, they will be prepared to sell the schemer if they are unable to persuade Cassano to sign an extension.

Serie A champions Juventus have long been mooted as favourites to land Cassano, who worked with Old Lady coach Fabio Capello at Stadio Olimpico.

Turin officials are expected to hold a meeting with their Roma counterparts next week, particularly now the capital club have solved their coaching dilemma after appointing Luciano Spalletti.

"We have a good relationship with Roma," said Juve general manager Luciano Moggi.

"It was useless to meet in the past few days due to the fact they hadn't chosen their new coach.

"We will meet next week when we could discuss, with calm, a few things."

Reports claim Juve have offered €15 million for Cassano, while they could throw in Adrian Mutu or Fabrizio Miccoli as a makeweight in the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)