Capello conference in Madrid (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Well then Don Fabio, are you now gonna spill all and badmouth your former employers to justify your move to Juve? I'm sure its big bad Roma which started it all first. Actually, you might consider writing a book instead since it fetches more money.
I hope so, the press conference will be alot more fun that way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Capello's press conference:

MADRID (Spagna), 5 giugno 2004 - "Se invece della Juve fosse stata un'altra squadra sarebbe stato tutto diverso e non ci sarebbero state tante polemiche. Io ho ricevuto contatti da vari club in questo periodo ma l'unico che si è presentato concretamente è stata la Juventus. Questa scelta evidentemente non è piaciuta". Fabio Capello interrompe per un giorno le sue vacanze per spiegare la scelta di lasciare la Roma per la Juventus: da Marbella si è spostato a Madrid, ha indetto una conferenza stampa, si è tolto qualche sassolino, e ora farà nuovamente parlare di lui, dopo la raffica di parole, polemiche, dietrologie esplosa fra la notte del 27 maggio - quella della firma - e la mattina del 28, quando il mondo ha saputo.
"Non sono scappato dalla Roma. Voglio ringraziare Sensi che mi ha permesso di lavorare in una città e per una squadra che mi hanno dato grandi soddisfazioni. La decisione di lasciare la Roma è maturata nella mia testa durante tutto l'anno scorso". Capello non vuol fare polemiche: "Montella ha detto che è stato un bene che io me ne sia andato? Vorrei sentirle da lui certe cose. Alla mia età, però, ho l'opportunità di cercare degli obiettivi che mi sono rimasti nella testa: ho scelto la Juve per una sfida personale che è molto stimolante. Loro si sono fatti avanti con me e hanno chiuso in pochissimo tempo". A Roma lo considerano un traditore: "Siamo tutti corresponsabili del clima avvelenato che c'è nel nostro calcio, diamo tutti troppa importanza a cose che non meriterebbero tanta attenzione".
Per la Roma un augurio particolare: "La Roma farà una squadra valida, conosco Baldini. Nonostante il 'vento del Nord' quando Roma e Lazio hanno voluto fare le cose per bene hanno vinto gli scudetti. La verità è che ci vogliono buoni giocatori per vincere. Credo che quello che si poteva fare si è fatto, probabilmente tutti, direttamente o indirettamente, hanno contribuito a certi successi". Ha parlato con Totti? "Gli ho detto che gli Europei sono per lui una grande occasione per mettersi in evidenza". Capello parla più del passato che del futuro: "Parleremo della nuova Juventus quando avremo tutti i giocatori con la rosa definita e solo allora potremo fare delle valutazioni".

Translation:

MADRID (Spain), 5 June 2004 - "If instead of the Juve was been another squad would have been different everything and there would not have been very controversial. I received contacts from varied club in this period but the sole that has presented concretely the was Juventus. This choice clearly is not pleased". Fabio Capello interrupts for a day his vacations to explain the choice of to leave the Rome for the Juventus: from Marbella has moved to Madrid, announced a press conference, has removed some stone, and now will do again to talk about him, after the gust of words, controversial, dietrologie exploded between the night of may 27 - that of the signature - and the morning of 28, when theIt knew. "I am not escaped from the Rome. I want to thank Sensi that allowed to work myself in a town and for a squad that given large satisfactions me. The decision of to leave the Rome is ripened in my head during last everything year". Capello not to want to do controversial: "Montella said that was a well that I me is gone of it? I would want to hear them from him certainties what. To my age, however, I have the opportunity of to seek some objectives that I am you rhymed myself in the head: I chose the Juve for a personal challenge that is very stimulating. They have done before with me and they closed in little time". In Rome they consider it a traitor: "we Are all accomplices of the climate poisoned that there is in our soccer, we give all too importance to things that would not deserve so much caution". For the Rome a special omen: "The Rome will do a valid squad, I know Baldini. Although the 'wind of the North' when Rome and Lazio wanted to do the what thoroughly won the badges. The truth is that good gamblers want us to win. I believe that what it make has done, likely all, directly or indirectly, they contributed to certainties happened". Spoke with Totti? "I told him that the European I am for him a large occasion to put itself in obviousness". Capello speaks more of the past that of the future: "we Will Talk about the new Juventus when we will have all of the gamblers with the definite and alone rose then we will be able to do some evaluations".

Nothing special,just said that it is a challenge for him.for the new Juve as he said,he will talk later when he will be with the squad.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i think that roma is right for giving him some shit. i mean you dont just leave a club. i mean at least maurinho has a reason, more money from chelsea.
Capello wanted new chalenge:New victories,Champions league winners,no financial problems,and also he likes Juve.those the reasons.

DukeVonEggwaffle

It is not Capello :LOL: it is the translation man,;)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
just in time for an experienced Didier to come
Yeah,that's how i see it too.
Excellent,3 years with Capello,then Deschamps takes over..,i hope all that time will be glory for Juve and it's fans!
Forza Juve!

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
It's too early man...he didn't even started the first year here,you don't know what will happen...but yes he is the best...let's just wait and see what happens.;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

On his holiday......

i know what that means, i was just a little bit surprised, but i understand him now...it's euro c'ships time.

Saturday 5 June, 2004 | Football Italia

Capello: I am no traitor

Fabio Capello has called a press conference to reveal the reasons behind his sudden switch to Roma’s archrivals Juventus.

“If I had joined another club that wasn’t Juve,” he explained, “then there would have been none of this controversy. Several different sides contacted me, but the only one that made a concrete offer was Juventus. Evidently this was an unpopular decision.”

The Giallorossi fans – and several players – were outraged that Capello chose to join their long-standing rivals. Above all, they were shocked at just how quickly the move was completed.

“I didn’t run away from Roma,” insisted the Coach from his holiday home in Madrid. “This is a challenge for me and I am trying to test myself in a different arena.”

In a previous interview he had hinted that the massive financial problems in the Capital were behind his desire to walk away.

“I thank President Franco Sensi for giving me the opportunity to work in a great city and with a club that I shared many happy times with. The decision to leave Roma was forming itself in my mind throughout the last year.”

The rapport between Sensi and Capello has never been an easy one and there was a bitter row last summer that almost saw them part company. Now that he is set to be joined by Emerson and Jonathan Zebina, the tension at next season’s Roma-Juve games is going to be sky high.

“We are all responsible for the climate of tension in today’s football,” noted Capello after the shocking scenes that accompanied the Rome derby. “We give too much importance to things that simply don’t deserve all this analysis.”

Some believe that the Giallorossi could fall apart without their charismatic Coach, but Capello is confident that his successor Cesare Prandelli can fill his shoes.

“Roma will create a competitive squad, as I know Director General Franco Baldini well. When the two Capital clubs have really put the effort in, they were capable of winning titles. The truth is that you need great players to win and everyone contributed to our success.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)