Capello calls for new signings (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Capello calls for new signings
Sunday 8 August, 2004

Juventus have lost out on Adrian Mutu and Fabio Capello warns they cannot afford to pinch the pennies on the transfer market.

“In order to be competitive,” pointed out the Coach, “you need a large squad with plenty of alternatives to choose from. We still have time, but I am waiting for some new buys.”

The Bianconeri were expected to make sweeping changes with the arrival of Capello, but they have also parted company with Marco Di Vaio and Enzo Maresca.

Nonetheless, the tactician is most content with the arrival of his former Roma star Emerson after months of legal wrangling.

“The Brazilian has already entered the hearts of the Juventus fans,” he assured. “He is a classy player and very gritty, just the kind you need to spur on the whole team.”

The first challenge for Capello’s era in Turin is to get past Swedish outfit Djurgarden in order to enter the Champions’ League proper.

“The whole team is working well,” he insisted despite some disappointing friendly outings, “and I could see their desire to win.”

“I really liked Alessandro Del Piero’s performance. He is a great player and a lot of the criticism he receives is unfair. Gianluca Zambrotta moves better as a fullback, but can push forward when needed.”

Juve are forced to do without several top stars for the first leg against Djurgarden on Tuesday evening. Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved are out with knee problems, while Lilian Thuram is unlikely to recover from a shoulder injury in time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sorry Z, I've already merged this one mate ;) it's too similar to the "do Juve need more signings" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)