Capello and Moggi's ajax-style plan. (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
As it seems, Fabio Capello DO have a plan for next season and the following seasons.
The men would like to rebuild the old ajax-team with the arguebly biggest collection of talents in the world. This means that they will collect big talents accross the world for reasonably low prices and turn them into stars, and then eventually sell them for a high price. So the money will flow in if the this idea is succesfull.

I don't really know yet what to think of this plan, but to me though it seems as an ambitiousless plan, as we will never build a good solid team and never get 'big' players. We would just sell the talents when they finally start to deliver.

Any other thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Where did you read this?

I think tha Juve has throughout the years, got a policy like this bringing a lot of young players, but usually just loans them and never plays them :p ...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I'm strongly against this plan.

Raising talents and selling them at a high price? This will drive away "big" players to other clubs, which may prove to be even more skillful under the right training at the right club, who may turn out to be even more dangerous than b4. What will happen when we meet skilled + experienced players from other teams? Then these talents will definitely lose to those players. Remember time is needed to develop these young talents into stars especially in a tough league like Serie A. We do need 3/4 of our players in our squad to be solid.

Wad I suggest is to collect 1 talent at 1 time and slowly develop him into a superstar. Whether we want to sell him will lead to another discussion.

Geof

May 14, 2004
The point is we are signing players for low fees: Kapo - Zebina - Cannavaro - Mutu were all free. Nonda who's very strongly linked is free 2.

But you can't expect Juve to stay a top team (both in Serie A and Europe) with this kind of players only. We need confirmed world class players to lead the team.

That's why we signed Emerson. And Ibrahimovic.

The idea of signing young talented players for small money is not an Ajax exclusivity, but Ajax are the only team who seem to have succeeded.

Now of course the time where we bought GK's for 40mill Euro, etc. is over.
Free transfers is nice, but you have to negociate very well to succeed ('cause obviously everyone is interested in a free and good player), and that's were Moggi comes in.

Another thing is that players need first team football to learn. If you keep them in the reserves they'll never be top-class, and a club like Juve cannot risk lining up unexperienced players in league like Serie A. The only matches they could play are the Coppa games, but that's were we seem to play our old players (don't ask me why).
A club like Anderlecht can play a young player like Kompany, give him a regular place, and raise him to a top youngster, highly rated through whole Europe but Juve can't.

I guess that's why we send all our youngsters on loan (1st team xp) but for some reasons none of them seem to integrate the Juve 1st XI (except Blasi).

And if you want youngsters who are ready for first team(Robinho, Mascherano, Kompany,...) , you'll have to pay the cash

So I'm kinda sceptical.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't like the idea. It seems to me that the club are aiming to be economically strong more so than strong on the pitch.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That is a plan doomed to fail. The pressure that would rest on these young players at Juventus compared to at Ajax would be too big and devastating.

It would be a financial loss to Juve and a great loss as these talents would go to waste.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
i don't know why this team keeps hurting his supporters .....

why the 2nd team in the world from financial point view don't get high quality players like Milan and the rest. ......

Bad Play - Low Quality players - Bad Staduim and even Bad website...why why ? why we r not Like Man United or Real.....why Historic like juve don't do things that keeps the team as a football entrtianing trade and then start to get money from Global supportes and even this team don't need ......Millions arround the world love Juve speacilly from Paltini and Zedan Time ....why i really start to hate this team coz really every time Bad things are come on the surface .......look to the others i need answers guys .....am near to drop Juve flag from my hart and look for another team like Chelsea Milan and Barca instead......Forza Juve

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, I'm not sure if that would be such a bad plan. After all, Ajax were the chapions of europe with such a program.

But IMO, I dont think we would go that far. We wouldprobably have a few more home-grown talent, but IMO we'd resort to buying younger talents at the starts of their career when their price still isnt too high, players like Kaka, Tevez, etc, but I am sure that the team would still have world class players to keep the results coming.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++

why the 2nd team in the world from financial point view don't get high quality players like Milan and the rest. ......

Bad Play - Low Quality players - Bad Staduim and even Bad website...why why ? why we r not Like Man United or Real.....why Historic like juve don't do things that keeps the team as a football entrtianing trade and then start to get money from Global supportes and even this team don't need ......Millions arround the world love Juve speacilly from Paltini and Zedan Time ....why i really start to hate this team coz really every time Bad things are come on the surface .......look to the others i need answers guys .....am near to drop Juve flag from my hart and look for another team like Chelsea Milan and Barca instead......Forza Juve
your right, anyhow we've talked about these alot....but watever happens Juve will always be in my heart, screw their official site, but i love Juve, to hell with their Stadium but still i love Juve :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
better times are ahead of us. The new stadium will be built in the near future, we will become a stronger team. We have many new players and they will eventually play better together next season. Just like Milan. They have players who are used to play with eachother and we will be like that too someday. All we need is a Central defender, replacement for Nedved and we are ready to go... (this will happen also in the near future, maybe in the summer.)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Actually think we are second in terms of profitabiliy or something, but I don't think we have the same buying power as all the other big teams like Milan, Inter, Man U, Barca, Real, Chelsea.

Lets face it, Juve is a big club on a tight budget, probably the biggest club with such a tight budget. We don't have super rich owners, so everything has to be done like in normal business conditions. Where most of the club's money are generated by the club itself without too much outside sources.

Dec 26, 2004

Bad Play - Low Quality players - Bad Staduim and even Bad website...why why ?
why we r not Like Man United or Real.....why Historic like juve don't do things that keeps the team as a football entrtianing trade and then start to get money from Global supportes and even this team don't need ......Millions arround the world love Juve speacilly from Paltini and Zedan Time ....why i really start to hate this team coz really every time Bad things are come on the surface .......look to the others i need answers guys .....am near to drop Juve flag from my hart and look for another team like Chelsea Milan and Barca instead......Forza Juve
I agree about this part.....
But I don't want us to become like ManUTD or Real :yuck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)