Capello? A Bad Coach-Del Piero (1 Viewer)

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=116469

26/08/2006 09:04

Capello? A Bad Coach-Del Piero

It wasn’t a mystery that Juventus skipper Alessandro Del Piero didnt get along with former coach Fabio Capello, but few expected the rancor was so big.

“If Capello stayed I would have left. Nobody misses him at Juve today. This shows what sort of relationship he forged with his players in the past two years,” said the 2006 World Champion.

“I also think Capello did not work well as a coach. With the team we had last season, we should have gone far in the Champions League. But we were going to go out in the second round if it wasn’t for that error of the Werder keeper,” he added.

“Capello’s problem was that he was unable to create a true team spirit,” the bitter Del Piero said in conclusion.

The relationship between Del Piero and ‘Don Fabio’ grew difficult when, starting in the first season of Capello’s Juve reign, the Juventus icon was benched regularly.

By Capello’s second year it was clear the coach considered Del Piero as a super-sub. Capello is now despised by most Juve fans as well after he left the club for Real Madrid immediately after the Bianconeri were demoted to second division following the ‘Calciopoli’ scandal.

Just a month and a half before, Capello had said he would stay on with Juve whatever the decision of the disciplinary commission.

Buy on AliExpress.com

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
thats probably the 4th version ive read in terms of this "story", each time Del Piero is quoted differently. They take everything he says out of context.

OP
Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Shyne said:
    thats probably the 4th version ive read in terms of this "story", each time Del Piero is quoted differently. They take everything he says out of context.

I agree with ya. But Goal.com is not in tribal way

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    I remember a few weeks back, when the inital wave of "Del Piero vs Capello" articles came out, the 1st one about "terror in training". A member here, Isha00, posted the actual article in Italian and what he actually said. He was clearly taken out of context.

The media is trying to fuel a fire between the 2 because controversy sells.

Ivyscorpioo

Apr 4, 2006
    Sianconero said:
    I agree with ya. But Goal.com is not in tribal way
    :tdown: Goal.com is the one which post a article to say it's the beginning of the end of Del Piro in the previous time.

So I won't trust anything they said about Del Piero.:disagree:

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Well , as far as i'm concerned, the delpiero Vs Cappelo war was obvious. No need to goal.com to come up with this news. Anyway, i believe that delpiero is a professional player and i'm not excpecting such low speech from him

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Capello is a flexible as rubber.

There is no doubt Capello knows a thing or two about soccer, but he is old school. I'll say he will soon be living by reputation. There are better, young, smarter guys out there start making their business. Hope one of them is DD.:D

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
    I read only two
    Goal.com and Channel4
    as far as Italian news channel4 is far more credible

its obvious that goal.com is trying to ignite fire , if you compare the language used in both articles

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    white_rabbit said:
    I read only two
    Goal.com and Channel4
    as far as Italian news channel4 is far more credible

its obvious that goal.com is trying to ignite fire , if you compare the language used in both articles

:agree:

In fact the media go in this way

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

CRAPello's first game in charge ended in a 0-0 draw with Villareal...

good job Crappie !!!!:D

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Vinman said:
    :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

CRAPello's first game in charge ended in a 0-0 draw with Villareal...

good job Crappie !!!!:D
    Long balls to Ruud and Raul, no clue in forming an attack and lame passing in the middle.

OP
    Sianconero

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    I swear this. Here the game began on 9:30 so while watching the game I slept, Because the game was so Hot!!! A beautiful football by Capello

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I am so certain that Capello likes long balls not because it is a best attacking option (any coach who preaches this should be shot) but because if you play long ball it doesnt expose you to a counter attack which happens frequently to a lot of good attacking teams.
    Its one thing playing against lower tiers like Siena because they don't have the quality to hit you when in possesion; better teams in Europe can and will punish you if you alllow opposition to dicatate the tempo.
    That is why Capello, despite, having disparity in terms of talent to English opposition we faced last two years, managed to find a way to loose to them.
    I felt sorry for Del Piero trying to win headers against Sami Hyppia.
    I guess its Raul's turn to take Capello's tortue.:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I read the news on channel4.com, nothing new...The goal.com article seems to take the most provocative english translation of the italian language.

Del Piero just expressed what he had thought about Capello and the whole situation. I think what DP said can be considered objective, as he does have good points about our CL exits and player management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)