Cannavaro to Juventus soon (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Like I said, this guy already cost us pain when he left. The least he could do is come cheap if he decides to come back.

Mar 28, 2007
is it fair for dp,buffon,neddy and camo if canna is back? well, if that the case.. the 4 of them can just leave juve last year and come back this season when juve secure promotion.. but tbh, juve need canna.. his experiences in serie a and he's a leader in the defence.. and remember.. he and buffon do have good communication in the backline which he and casillas dont have.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
dp, buffon, neddy and cammo have all said they wouldn't mind if canna came back. they have no hard feelings and know a player of his abilities is always welcome. This isn't the time to hold grudges, we want to win and I think with canna we have a good chance at the scudetto even.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
if the reports are true please for heaven sake bring back Cannavaro to where he belongs , he will form a formidable partnership with Andrade from this defensive stability we will march on to the title

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cannavaro calls Juve

Fabio Cannavaro has admitted that he would be happy to consider the idea of returning to Juventus.

The defender left the Bianconeri for Real Madrid last summer following the club’s demotion to Serie B, but has been paired with a summer move after Coach Fabio Capello’s departure from the Merengues.

“Me at Juve? It wouldn’t be bad to return. I have often spoken with sporting director Alessio Secco, who is a friend of mine,” said Cannavaro in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“They were looking for a new defender, but there was never any firm negotiations with them or any other club,” explained last year’s European and World Player of the Year.

“I play for Real, the most important club in the world, and I still have two years on my contract. Whoever is interested in me has to speak with them.

“In any case, in Turin I had a great time and I won two Scudetti that no one will ever take away from me.”

The defender, who new Real Coach Bernd Schuster seems set on confirming, was also questioned on the Nazionale and the never ending issue regarding Francesco Totti.

“As to me, I am always available for Italy. The one thing I didn’t like in his behaviour was the fact that he kept everyone on standby. He should have immediately said yes or no,” concluded Cannavaro.

channel 4

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Gigli has spoken about the return of Cannavaro. ''Fabio is a player of Real Madrid. Last year he made a professional choice, it would be difficult to see him return to Juve.'' In a recent interview Cannavaro stated that he wouldnt rule out a return to Juve and that he often speaks to Alessio Secco.

Calciomercato

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Damnit, is this Cannavaro story going to turn into another Milito "will he, won't he" drawn out farce? Yesterday we read David Trezeguet's statement that the senior players had discussed the matter, & for the good of Juventus would accept him coming back to us. We also read about Fabio saying he wouldn't be against returning. Today, as most of you already know, Ch.4, the Italian press, Rai & Mediaset text services all tell us Signor Gigli thinks "It will be very difficult..." Doesn't the media just love to toy with the fans feelings to get attention! This, & the story of Giorgio Chiellini...he's seen others get more money & now he wants his paws in the honey pot or he's off to Liverpool...well, that would please the Liverpool supporters among our members, I guess!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cannavaro unlikely to leave Real Madrid for return to Juventus

MILAN, Italy: FIFA player of the year and Real Madrid defender Fabio Cannavaro is unlikely to return to Juventus next season.

"I love being in Spain," Cannavaro said in an interview with Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "Madrid is beautiful, Real is the most important club in the world and I have won La Liga."

The 33-year-old Italy captain had been linked with a move away from the Spanish champions after Fabio Capello was sacked as coach last month.

Cannavaro and Capello joined Real from Juventus last year, after the storied Italian club was demoted to the second division for match-fixing. Juventus won the Serie B last month and will play in Serie A next season.

"I can never say that I wouldn't like to return (to Juventus)," Cannavaro told Gazzetta. "I have spoken often with (Juventus sporting director) Alessio Secco, who is a friend. They were looking for a defender but there has never been anything concrete."
Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said it would be "very difficult" for Cannavaro to return.

"Cannavaro is a Real Madrid player. He made a professional choice that we shared," Cobolli Gigli was quoted as saying by Gazzetta.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho reportedly is also interested in signing Cannavaro.

"I heard," Cannavaro said. "It is an honor. He is a winning coach.

"But I have a two-year contract. If someone wants me they must speak with Real."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/17/sports/EU-SPT-SOC-Italian-Briefs.php

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
"I love being in Spain," Cannavaro said in an interview with Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "Madrid is beautiful, Real is the most important club in the world and I have won La Liga."
:rofl:

Guys, wait afew days and he'll tell us that Napoli is the most important club in the world.

Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)