Cannavaro to Juventus soon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
i dont know about anyone here but i actually think that andrade and canna could potentially be better than thuram and canna
maybe , but i think it mostly depends on andrade's and canna's form next year .
when thuram and canna played together , they were probably in the best shape of their carreers .

now we dont really know how canna will play next season after a relatively unimpressive season at real , and how fast andrade can adapt to the italian league.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Jose Mourinho is reported to be monitoring Fabio Cannavaro’s situation with Real Madrid.

The World-Cup winning captain of Italy has repeatedly been linked with a move away from the Spanish capital, with the Madrid fans deriding his patchy form throughout the season.

Newly appointed head-coach, Claudio Ranieri, has already ruled out any potential deal that would see the defender return to his former club Juventus, thus leaving the door open for Chelsea to attempt to lure the Italian to London.

The story first appeared in The People, who claim new Madrid boss Bernd Schuster has already informed Cannavaro that he is free to search for a new club.

With the expensive arrivals of central-defenders Pepe and Christoph Metzelder it seems Schuster might be looking for a new direction with his defensive line, with no first-team spot assured for Cannavaro.

Although Jose Mourinho has already secured the services of Tal Ben Haim from Bolton and Alex from PSV Eindhoven as defensive cover, he will still see the signing of Cannavaro, a world-class central defender, as a major coup and possibly to tempting to turn down.

goal.com

IMO he wouldnt even think of joining Chelsea. He isnt guaranteed a starting position with Terry, Carvalho, Alex and Ben-Haim there. It would also disrupt the harmony in the Chelsea locker room.
I dont buy that...Ranieri doesnt care about what happened last year, he only cares about the present and the future, and Canna gives him world-class experience in the back

Unless juve get someone else who is younger and better , cannavaro is better than nothing
hard to please you. isn't it ??!!:p

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
now i want him back to juve because of barz said that he wants play one more season at palermo...so it would be good to see canna back at juve...

Jul 24, 2006
At the beginning of the market it seemed we had better options budget/long-term wise. I was against any player that left returning..

I think now that Trez/Camo are towing the line the spirit is different. Plus we can see that the price makes Canna a shrewd option if there is indeed a chance for him to return.

The Juve defense would look much more complete and stable if this signing happens, all of a sudden we leap up in quality.. Go for it.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I'd only take cannavaro back if he gets the same salary as he used to.

No increase, nothing more than what he used to have. And I hope we pay less than what Real paid for him when he left us.

Durden

May 11, 2006
we could the win the league without canna , he would just be an addition the long list of great players at juve .
True we could win it without him, but the central defence is our only weak point imo. I know many people here dont want him back and I respect that, but if you put your feelings aside I think you would agree Canna would be the ideal signing.
He would settle in instantly as he knows Juve and many of our players, and with so many new players in the team I really think this would be an advantage for us next season.
He was the best player in the WC and that was only 1 year ago, and he's still one of the best defenders in the world although he suffered a bit in real last year, but many WC players suffer in the madhouse in madrid. I think he could find his old form in he came back to Juve and Italy.
We have a good relationship with real and I think we could get him very cheap if they really dont consider him as a starter next season.
He's a leader and could help Andrade settle in fast and learn a lot to our younger players like Criscito.
They other defenders we are after seem to be to expensive compared to their quality.
He's a big name in Italy and his presense would help us become Italys "girlfriend" not that I really care about that but our board seems to.
He's 33 but look at Maldini so he might have many good years left in him.

And finally I must admit I really miss the guy and I have forgiven him, and I think many people here will to when he helps us win the scudetti next year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)