Can you help me? (1 Viewer)

OP
AnnA

AnnA

May 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    And why we dont make a thread on the Off topic forum??? It what we could talk about anything! Just to ask somebody how he feels, and talk about problems??

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
    And why we dont make a thread on the Off topic forum??? It what we could talk about anything! Just to ask somebody how he feels, and talk about problems??
    Because those threads usually fill up with stuff that's completely useless pretty fast.

I'm not that negative towards "chat threads" really. Yes, it's true. But, my experiences in this forum tells me, that the chat threads we have had here fills up with stuff that aren't about stuff at all, just comments like:

A: - "Hi, how are you doing?"
    B: - "Fine, so you're here now?"
    A: - "Yeah."
    B: - "Cool."
    A: - "Yeah."
    B: - "You know it, honey."

And we don't want threads filled with 10.000 posts like that. There's no point, as Tom said, that's what MSN is for(or PM's). So I think a lot of people, or at least me, would be a lot more positive towards an official chat thread or something like that if the people who wanted it could show some moderation. I have not seen that so far, sorry.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think you hit the preverbial nail on the head there Torkel. :)

Nobody is against chat, we're not trying to impose a strict regime here. However when the chatter descends into the exact same childish gossip we're seeing in thread after thread after thread from exactly the same people about exactly the same rubbish you'll understand why we feel action is needed.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I don't see you attempting to put much of a case forward for a gossip thread. Can I take this as surrender?

:p

OP
    AnnA

AnnA

May 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    No, it`s just that I am really SAD because you dont understand that even that threads that for you are silly for some people are great because we are together and rally enjoy talks!

OP
    AnnA

AnnA

May 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    But why dont we make jus ONE thread, in Off topic forum???? :sad:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Because it adds nothing constructive to the forum, and besides you lot go into your immature chat mode in just about every thread, I doubt you'd be able to confine it to just one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)