can we be immortal ? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not answering blindly; I've read the article and heard of this kind of thing before, but I don't think we'll ever understand such a concept completely. We can't even cure the flu, how the hell can we expect to live forever?

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    well

try to explain somebody in the 1950s about MP3s and e-mails. tell him what will happen in 50 years. are they gonna believe you?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    buh.. that's ridiculous..
    even if they find some anti-aging medicine or something.. everybody dies at the end.. whether, after 20 years or 100.. by a disease or not.. when your time comes.. there's nothing you can do about it..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    that's a different issue.. that's technology developement..

but, what we have here is trying to do god's work.. god gives life.. and takes life..

immortal humans..?? how greedy could someone be..

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    just imagine what will happen to this world if no one dies and people keep giving births...

And will that technique be availbale to EVERYBODY in the world, and not only the rich developed nations??

And for me, researches on how to keep everybody well fed in this world is much more urgent than keeping everybody immortal.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    just imagine what will happen to this world if no one dies and people keep giving births...

And will that technique be availbale to EVERYBODY in the world, and not only the rich developed nations??

And for me, researches on how to keep everybody well fed in this world is much more urgent than keeping everybody immortal.
    good points..

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    that's a different issue.. that's technology developement..

but, what we have here is trying to do god's work.. god gives life.. and takes life..

immortal humans..?? how greedy could someone be..

thats technology too

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i think its possible (same reasons don bes had about future technology) but if we come up with it, DESTROY IT AND BURN ALL THE EVIDENCE

hm yes theres a solution

OP
    Lawnchair Bes
    Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    i think its possible (same reasons don bes had about future technology) but if we come up with it, DESTROY IT AND BURN ALL THE EVIDENCE

hm yes theres a solution

like we did with everything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)