can Maxwell follow his ex-partner ! (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Chiellini seems to be very good, he was great against us in the last game..
But Maxwell is great too :p we need some young CB's

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Chiellini looks the goods. it all depends really what the future holds for others. Zambrotta may be moved to left wing to take over nedved in a season or two. but in saying that, you have the likes of Kapo who may be able to do that also.

Is olivera going to be a central player or stay as a winger? he may take over nedved's place, not to mention Gasbarroni who is able to play on the wings as well.

to me, this fixation on getting a left back to release zambrotta in midfield again isnt a high priority. yes, it would be great to have zambrotta playing on the right, but he is 27/28 years old now and i think changing his position again wouldnt be good. keep him on the left side and be done with it. Chiellini is a good young talent, if we need a left back, just use him there.

i think the right back position is more important. zebina has done well for juve so far, but he only suits one formation, so maybe getting a right back who can play in a more attacking role would be good for the squad.

And last but not least, shouldnt moggi be thinking about centre backs? thuram is 33 years old and cannavaro will be 32 is he not? we have back up central defenders who are all in their 30's except tudor and Legro. And in saying Tudor, he is injury prone and doesnt look like half the defender he was 5 years ago and legro will most likely leave.

Surely central defenders, better back up in central midfield and a replacement for del piero should be the areas for moggi to buy players.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Olivera can take over from Nedved i believe, he is just 21 and the future of his looks bright. Then we have the replacement for Del Piero: Mutu for free or bring back Miccoli or buy Cassano or Bojinov.

Central defenders is a tough one. Thuram - Cannavaro wont last forever, and just as u said. Legro will probably leave and Tudor is injury prone.

But Tudor is great as centre back, together with a fast one like cannavaro. Juve in a year or two:

---------Zlatan--Trezegol---------
Kapo--Emerson---Blasi--Olivera
Zamb-Cannavaro-Tudor-Zebina
---------------Buffon

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

hehe, chiellini is doing great, we get him back instead of max
I can only imagine what Maresca and Miccoli are telling Chiellini now about their experience as loaned Juve players. :stress:

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Off topic:
I want Juve to sign Lecces right back ;) he's GOOOD!! and young...

On topic:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov23c.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxwell under observation

Juventus officials will use tonight’s Champions’ League match against Ajax to further assess Maxwell.

The Brazilian wide player has been strongly linked with the Bianconeri and he’s keen to impress.

"It is my objective to win a move to one of Europe’s strongest clubs," said the South American.

"I am aware that Juventus are interested and that is of great personal satisfaction for me right now."

However, the Turin giants are not alone in the chase to sign the highly-rated individual as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan and Inter are also tracking him.

"I get the feeling that the first club to knock on Ajax’s door will be able to conclude a deal," added Maxwell.

However, the Stadio Delle Alpi outfit insist that they have no plans to sign him in the near future.

"We have no intention to buy anyone in the January transfer window," confirmed boss Fabio Capello yesterday.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
On topic again

Maxwell Set For New Ajax Deal
12/1/2004 11:41:00 AM
In-demand Ajax midfielder Maxwell is close to signing an improved contract with the club.
The deal will not keep him in Amsterdam any longer than his current contract (2006), but it will guarantee the club a substantially higher transfer fee should he be sold next summer.

"I expect that we can put pen to paper within 10 days,” Maxwell’s agent Mino Railoa told www.vi.nl.

Juventus have been linked with the player.

source: goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)