Can It really be done? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have been asked by a friend to write up what i regards as Juve's worst XI in living memory and I am a bit stumped so I would need help here.
For goal keeper, I honestly cannot think of 1 that was a disaster, some might say Edwin Van Der Saar or Chimenti , but were they really that bad? I don't think that they are of Taibi at Milan amd manchester United proportions.
Anyways I am gonna need some help here and then i can look at how many times a certain player appeared and put him into my final team
I mean obvious candidates like Esnaider, Oneill, Boumsong, baiocco, Paramatti are likely to appear. I am more at home with naming best players, that is why i am beseeching you guys. Hopefully by the end of the week, id be able to post it on the blog for him. I am also to do for other clubs including Inter which could be either very easy or very difficult as they have some bought some whoppers in their time.
Its amazing but I do not think we have had a really bad goal keeper or is my memory failing me

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You simply can't leave out Mirkovic from fullback, also I have very bad memories of Fonseca(though he did some good things). Other than that I can't think of many others that you haven't mentioned, perhaps Legrotaglie.

Oh and I think Van Der Saar was as bad as it gets for us.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Chimenti
Parammati - Legrotalie - Zanchi- Athirson

Oneil - Baiocco - Bachini- Esnaider

Amoroso - Fonseca

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fine choices...
I would recommend Legro over Boumsong or Gladstone
dont forget to add Salas upfront (that would be unfair to add Fonseca or Amoruso instead),
Chimenti should be by all means our keeper

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    You simply can't leave out Mirkovic from fullback, also I have very bad memories of Fonseca(though he did some good things). Other than that I can't think of many others that you haven't mentioned, perhaps Legrotaglie.

Oh and I think Van Der Saar was as bad as it gets for us.
    thanks for that , i have to make up an entire team, the late 80s and 80s will help me of course, just a little research as names like galia, some really dody defenders like dario bonnetti, mirkovic, i had forgotten about, Rush might even fall into this category. Di Marco was not overly clever, Jonathan Bachini was a senseless buy as was Zenoni. Jocely Blanchard:D , Corrado Grabbi, Vincent Pericard (seriously!), Sunday Oliseh, Ronny O'Brien:D :D :D , We have had some good ones

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Chimenti
    Parammati - Legrotalie - XXXXX - Athirson

Oneil - Baiocco - xxxxxxx- Esnaider

Amoroso - Fonseca
    Do you mean Nicola Amoruso, cos he was not a bad player and he wasn't a flop either. he just did not find enough space at |Juventus. He did a very fine job with Vieri in season 97/98 when dp was injured for the latter part of the season

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    Do you mean Nicola Amoruso, cos he was not a bad player and he wasn't a flop either. he just did not find enough space at |Juventus. He did a very fine job with Vieri in season 97/98 when dp was injured for the latter part of the season
    I'll never forgive Amoroso after that dreadful day in Perugia. He was on loan from us and he was wasting time, diving, being a complete prick and celebrated like crazy when we lost. He can rot in hell for all I care.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Fine choices...
    I would recommend Legro over Boumsong or Gladstone
    dont forget to add Salas upfront (that would be unfair to add Fonseca or Amoruso instead),
    Chimenti should be by all means our keeper
    why gladstone? he played like a few minutes, thats unfair to place him

chimi is king! put van der shit in instead

Durden

May 11, 2006
    Yeah he's to good to be in that team, he also scored a goal in the match where we destroyed Milan at the San Siro. One of the best days of my life :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

thanks for that , i have to make up an entire team, the late 80s and 80s will help me of course, just a little research as names like galia, some really dody defenders like dario bonnetti, mirkovic, i had forgotten about, Rush might even fall into this category. Di Marco was not overly clever, Jonathan Bachini was a senseless buy as was Zenoni. Jocely Blanchard:D , Corrado Grabbi, Vincent Pericard (seriously!), Sunday Oliseh, Ronny O'Brien:D :D :D , We have had some good ones
    Aye, when you think about it we really did have some pearls of our own!

Also the new Roberto Carlos, Athirson! :D

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    After two years with Middlesbrough, Ronnie O'Brien was released on a free transfer. Incredibly, Italian giants Juventus offered 20-year-old O'Brien a 5 year contract, which to this day remains one of the most bizarre transfers of all time.

I have to agree as i was totally mysified by this, but then again, almost everything during Ancelotti reign, astounded me, but this took the biscuit.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
    salvatore fresi?

spent 5 yrs trying to get him off inter, eventually doing so and he becomes crap
    Fresi was major flop

But just to be fair we didn't give him a chance to break into the starting eleven just like the way we treated Bojinov last year.

I remembr fresi scoring on his debut. I guess it was his first and last match with Juve.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Van Der Sar Juve's worst ever goal keeper?? that's bullshit, Roma's incident can't be that bad, I have seen much worse mistakes of the Legend Peruzzi aswell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)